ADVERTISEMENT

Big Picture

duhondukie

Cameron Crazy
Jan 12, 2010
Looking at the big picture is anyone else worried about how the end of the year and next year play out? Let's say we don't land Duval and lose Kennard, Allen, Giles, Tatum, Jones, and Jefferson. We could be really, really thin next year at the guard position. It would be Jackson and Trent. That is a little scary.

We will manage. Always have and always will. Allen or Kennard stay. I feel both stay. Too many good players entering and Kennard stock can only get higher if he returns. If he and Allen return next year and have another year like this one, they're a definite Top 15 pick. Giles should stay 1 more just to have a full year under his belt but then again he was NBA apparently before college.

Not to mention at least one transfer and Bolden not being around. That's worse worse case, but all possible. It will all work out I'm sure

I try not to think about next year, but with recruiting hype we all hear, with what's coming in, I can't help but wonder who would play. Say we lose one of the guards along with Matt graduating, seems we will be overloaded at guard spot, especially if K lands a point guard. Isn't Trent supposed to be a stud shooting guard? But first things first, let's get our mojo back and finish strong this year then see what happens

Grayson and Luke return? Nah. Next season will have wayyyy less worries than this season. And you won't have to worry about toughness in the paint either.

Grayson and Luke return? Nah. Next season will have wayyyy less worries than this season. And you won't have to worry about toughness in the paint either.
Hope you're right, but look at the crap that this team has been thru, so not to be disrespectful to ya Show, but I'm a little gun shy to praise a team we hadn't seen yet

For sure gone: Amile, Matt(seniors), Tatum and Giles.
Pretty sure gone: Luke and Grayson
Unknown: Bolden( but think he goes)
Transfers: likely at least one, imo.

Guards next season- Jackson, Trent, O'Conell
Bigs- Carter, Javin, Big V, White, Robinson and Jeter( I think he transfers imo).

Could land Duval and Knox but Duke needs Duval or atleast another pg.

Without Robinson and not knowing about Knox or Duval that's eight players. That's about the depth K plays with any way.

To me Grayson is the mystery.He will have his degree but do not think he will be in the first round but does he want to come back and take all the crap from opposing fanbases.JMO but think he leaves regardless.

Reactions: germantondevil
Recruiting has not been an issue recently. Based on prospects and projections we have been on a pretty good roll lately, and I not worried at all that we will field a highly competitive team.

However if nothing else this year proves that high school rankings and projections don't always mean a team is going to gel, especially when you add in injuries, on court antics, and a coach being out for a month.

IMHO - Luke comes back, Grayson is gone, and we lose at least one of Jeter, Javin, Bolden to transfer.

Go Duke!

Alan

For sure gone: Amile, Matt(seniors), Tatum and Giles.
Pretty sure gone: Luke and Grayson
Unknown: Bolden( but think he goes)
Transfers: likely at least one, imo.

Guards next season- Jackson, Trent, O'Conell
Bigs- Carter, Javin, Big V, White, Robinson and Jeter( I think he transfers imo).

Could land Duval and Knox but Duke needs Duval or atleast another pg.

Without Robinson and not knowing about Knox or Duval that's eight players. That's about the depth K plays with any way.

I think this is pretty spot on. I have no idea about Jeter, but Bolden is the biggest mystery to me. He should stay and develop an offensive game, but I have no idea where his head is at or who his support group is feeding him information.

The Jeter transfer rumor seems to be logical. I thought he showed good progress, he has seen ZERO action tho. Assuming they know he checked out?? I would be mad losing any of them but losing Javin would be terrible. I think hr will be a stud sooner then later

The Jeter transfer rumor seems to be logical. I thought he showed good progress, he has seen ZERO action tho. Assuming they know he checked out?? I would be mad losing any of them but losing Javin would be terrible. I think hr will be a stud sooner then later
Yeah, there were rumors last season he was thinking of it.
If any one came back, imo it would be Grayson. They don't play defense in the league and Luke's won't change from this year to next. I would like to think Allen would come back to improve his stock and show he is mature but money talks

I think Duval is pretty much a lock. Thats all we need. I just can't see Bolden going to the league. Bamba is still on the board also. If we can have a lineup of Duval, Jackson, Trent, Carter and Bolden. That lineup would be really good because of that true point guard

Hope you're right, but look at the crap that this team has been thru, so not to be disrespectful to ya Show, but I'm a little gun shy to praise a team we hadn't seen yet

I know you're not being disrespectful. However, I'm not gun shy at all about next season. In fact , I feel great about it. Now if Wendell, Gary Trent and Trevon all get hurt and are out the first 12 games, then yea, the season could suck again. I guess what I'm getting at, any team in this freaking nation would be knocked back on their heels if they had to endure what this team has gone through this year, tons of major injuries, team captain suspended, loss of head coach? I see some posters here saying all that's over now and it's no excuse. BS! That IS an excuse. You can't get those games back. You can't get those missed practices back. It's been hell and anyone who says different is Bat S crazy. The couple of guys I trust, tell me good news and I love where next season is going. Don't let this one tarnish your hopes and excitement.

I know you're not being disrespectful. However, I'm not gun shy at all about next season. In fact , I feel great about it. Now if Wendell, Gary Trent and Trevon all get hurt and are out the first 12 games, then yea, the season could suck again. I guess what I'm getting at, any team in this freaking nation would be knocked back on their heels if they had to endure what this team has gone through this year, tons of major injuries, team captain suspended, loss of head coach? I see some posters here saying all that's over now and it's no excuse. BS! That IS an excuse. You can't get those games back. You can't get those missed practices back. It's been hell and anyone who says different is Bat S crazy. The couple of guys I trust, tell me good news and I love where next season is going. Don't let this one tarnish your hopes and excitement.
I still have high hopes for this season. Just need what I believe everyone posting here knows: we need Grayson and we need the defense to be sharper. The talent is there, question is can we get the rotation to give all?

I still have high hopes for this season. Just need what I believe everyone posting here knows: we need Grayson and we need the defense to be sharper. The talent is there, question is can we get the rotation to give all?
I agree that the talent is there but with Championship teams you should never wonder on a game to game basis what kind of effort you are going to get. Before every game this year I have wondered if we play with passion on both ends of the floor. I have never questioned that with our Championship teams and many other Duke teams for that matter.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I agree that the talent is there but with Championship teams you should never wonder on a game to game basis what kind of effort you are going to get. Before every game this year I have wondered if we play with passion on both ends of the floor. I have never questioned that with our Championship teams and many other Duke teams for that matter.
Yeah before this season started, all I heard was how dominant we would be, my concern was there was only one basketball to go around. Still hoping though

Duvall is critical for next year, If Duke lands him we have a chance to be good. After this year I will keep hope and hype down until its on the floor and producing. I was one that bought in to this team as being dominant, and I understand all the injuries and Coach missing games, but here at the end of the season it has showed how critical it is to have a PG that can run the system. If we don't land Duvall or another top tier PG I will certainly be keeping my emotions and excitement in check next year even if Luke or GA comes back, they are not PGs period. Ive said it before and I will say it again,,Thorton transferring was a huge blow to this team. GA was a hell of a lot better last year working off the ball than he has been this year with the ball in his hands. GA Luke and Matty are better players off the ball and getting to open spots on the floor than they are trying to create for others.

Reactions: BettisND
Do you guys still feel strong about Knox? I noticed the one poster did not list him as a possibility.

Duvall is critical for next year, If Duke lands him we have a chance to be good. After this year I will keep hope and hype down until its on the floor and producing. I was one that bought in to this team as being dominant, and I understand all the injuries and Coach missing games, but here at the end of the season it has showed how critical it is to have a PG that can run the system. If we don't land Duvall or another top tier PG I will certainly be keeping my emotions and excitement in check next year even if Luke or GA comes back, they are not PGs period. Ive said it before and I will say it again,,Thorton transferring was a huge blow to this team. GA was a hell of a lot better last year working off the ball than he has been this year with the ball in his hands. GA Luke and Matty are better players off the ball and getting to open spots on the floor than they are trying to create for others.

This year we really needed that point guard more than anything. I thought we could slide without a true point guard because of the scorers we had. I still think the injuries, to coach and players, really hurt this team. Bolden took a HUGE step back after his injury. I saw early practice film of him and he looked REALLY good. Then Grayson and Amile gets hurt. This is just that lost season for us. I've accepted it. It should be about player development and hoping we can make a run. I think Bolden comes back next year. Duval is an absolute must or we will probably be in this situation again

I see people saying that Jeter would transfer, if that is the case why didn't he transfer at Christmas break that way he could play next season. I really hope Jeter and Bolden stay. I feel like we need Duval a true PG and atleast Allen or Kennard back and we will be fine. Hopefully Jack White or O'Connell can give productive minutes off the bench not to mention Javin.

I see people saying that Jeter would transfer, if that is the case why didn't he transfer at Christmas break that way he could play next season. I really hope Jeter and Bolden stay. I feel like we need Duval a true PG and atleast Allen or Kennard back and we will be fine. Hopefully Jack White or O'Connell can give productive minutes off the bench not to mention Javin.

Is there a link to Jeter's transfer. Any idea of where he is going. Is Javin transferring too. Are they going to be a package deal. OFC

Is there a link to Jeter's transfer. Any idea of where he is going. Is Javin transferring too. Are they going to be a package deal. OFC

If he has good sense he would transfer. Next year he will be on the bench once again. Now if he cares about getting that degree from Duke then he should stay.

I would be completely shocked if Bolden transfers as that would cost him another year somewhere. I think he either comes back and tries to get better here and improve his stock or just bites the bullet and jumps to the league now.

He was having surgery on his back at Christmas. No one said he "was" transferring at all.
There were rumors last year and some this year.
Maybe he wants a whole year off, then two to play. It worked good for Semi. But no one said for sure he was transferring

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT