ADVERTISEMENT

Ass Kickings: Reflection of a Honkey

HonkeyT

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2006
I haven't started a thread in years. I mostly just post in others. Sometimes I go months without posting but read everday. This may actually get deleted or edited but I know no other way but brutal honesty. Mods do what you will but you know I mean well.

In my life in different scenarios I have had my ass kicked, as we all have at one point or another in some aspect. It boggles me that UK/UNC fans just can't say hey "they are kicking our asses". Just take it like a man, I would respect you more, I really would.In recruiting things can turn on a dime. Roy and Cal got the best of us for a few years as far as highly rated kids go.There was a time when a big man wouldn't come near our campus. UK and UNC are Blue Bloods, they will get the best of us again soon, that's the way it works. We are riding high and I am going to enjoy the hell out of it but it eventually it is going to suck for us at some point. Recruiting is fluid, we just happen to top dog at the moment.

RR/THR are vile dispicable toilets that I really enjoy reading but sometimes I have to step back and askmed my self, how do these buffoons justify this thinking? I go out of my way to live my life with the utmost brutal transparency. I have no political affiliation or anyting like that, just call shit down the middle Honkey, is what I tell myself, as I do with everything in my life.I am completely honest with myself and I can say to myself "Honkey, you are being a jackass or a dick and it's your fault that this scenario happened the way it did". You learn, you grow, mature and are better for it. I guess in Kentucky and some parts of North Carolina there is just cultural stupidity, which we have with RR and THR where you have to lie to yourself to justify your rudimentary way of thinking because you don't have the balls or backbone to be a real man. You are a gutless cvnt that finds joy in dissing a 17 year old kid and his family while you hide behind a keyboard because things didn't go your way and your basketball team missed out on a recruit. What...the...FU....

Had Z Dubb chosen UK or UNC I would have wished the kid nothing but the best. I'm not going to hate on a kid because he choose another school that I "hate". In life I always look at the big picture first. I want to see all people blossom and make our society and country a better place, I couldn't give a shit less where they went to school or who they are affiliated with. A moral compass and strong character is what I hope for these kids no matter what jersery they don.

Before Zions announcement when he was thanking god and his beautiful family and honoring his mother on her Birthday,I thought "Man, what a great day for this kid and his family, this is beautiful". Had he had slipped on a Tarheel or UK hat my thoughts wouldn't have waivered. Why? Because as I stated above, there is a bigger picture.

An example of what is wrong with our society and how a lot people don't, can't and never will see the big picture.

Cowtown Cat

The way Zion and his people acted during the announcement was sickening. I just got a very weird vibe watching it. He made sure to include and add emphasis to "brotherhood" in his announcement. I really don't know how to explain the weird vibe I felt watching it. I'll just say that Zion looked like the cat that ate the canary during the announcement. He was very smug and acted like a borderline smartass, IMO.

Edit: Duke and "brotherhood". [laughing] How many more slogans and/or recruiting tactics is Capel going to steal from UK/Cal? I'd be embarrassed if I was a Duke fan. Them copying UK is what really makes it unbearable. Extremely annoying.

I saw a beautiful point in a young man's life with a beautiful family enjoying the fruits of hardwork and this Clown sees this? To me this is what is wrong with society, we just can't take getting our asses kicked. We just can't say,"You know, they were just better this time".

The difference between a pussy and a man is that pussy makes excuses for his faiures and doesn't hold himself accountable. A man looks in the mirror and says "they kicked our asses, they were better today". A man picks himself up off of the ground and goes back into the fight. A pussy just makes more excuses when he gets his ass kicked again, Example above.

Honestly, who ever Cowtown Cat is and those other pieces of shit degrading Zion and his family,I hope they're not like this in real life, I hope Cowtown Cat is a solid dude and is just pissed at the moment. If not I hope when life kicks his ass he becomes better for it, grows, matures and helps our society and our country be a better place in his own little way. As of now though, he is a pussy ass clown who's balls have yet to drop, but I have hope for you and the one's like you Cowtown Cat. I hope the lights come on for you one day.

Dude, Cowtown is the biggest Rafters tool this side of Morgousky... and thats saying something, given how insane UK fans are. They legit wish harm on Duke guys. You just have to accept that there are bitter little losers in the world, who get rather hyped up when they are hiding behind a computer screen.

BTW, great damn thread title. I didn't know what I was going to read, but I couldn't wait to click it:)

BTW, I should say... we have a few of our own hyper-aggressive douchebag fans. They sometimes seem nice and fine with other Duke fans, but get them around other fans, and its embarrassing. Part of it is that there are douchebags everywhere, part of it is the immaturity of the interwebz and of not being accountable for what you write.

People talk mad shit on a message board Bo. It's when you get them within striking distance you find the true fiber of a man. I take most of it with a grain of salt. Go to other boards for a laugh once in a while, but hang here and keep it real most of the time and you'll be better off.

People talk mad shit on a message board Bo. It's when you get them within striking distance you find the true fiber of a man. I take most of it with a grain of salt. Go to other boards for a laugh once in a while, but hang here and keep it real most of the time and you'll be better off.

Wurd.

Reactions: skysdad
People can really suck. And on the internet you can say whatever you want, to anyone, with no consequences for the most part. Everyone is a published author now. And when you can use an avatar instead of your face, a lot of people say things they wouldn't in an actual public forum. Just tough guy, know-it-all, insecure people hiding behind a screen.

Reactions: HonkeyT and skysdad
I respect everyone here. And I'll talk to you at this board just as I will in person. I've never changed my posting name at any message board ever. Got no reason to lie. Got no reason to hide. And I love Duke just as much, hell maybe even MORE than some grads here. I'm passionate, honest and like you Honkey, don't back down.

I respect everyone here. And I'll talk to you at this board just as I will in person. I've never changed my posting name at any message board ever. Got no reason to lie. Got no reason to hide. And I love Duke just as much, hell maybe even MORE than some grads here. I'm passionate, honest and like you Honkey, don't back down.

Right on man!

I really appeciate the people we have here. Some things have changed over the years but we still got the best board on Rivals and most of us for the most part enjoy a good B-Ball convo with anyone. As long as respect is shown most of us give it right back. We got a few asshats but for the most part our board is top notch.

I haven't started a thread in years. I mostly just post in others. Sometimes I go months without posting but read everday. This may actually get deleted or edited but I know no other way but brutal honesty. Mods do what you will but you know I mean well.

In my life in different scenarios I have had my ass kicked, as we all have at one point or another in some aspect. It boggles me that UK/UNC fans just can't say hey "they are kicking our asses". Just take it like a man, I would respect you more, I really would.In recruiting things can turn on a dime. Roy and Cal got the best of us for a few years as far as highly rated kids go.There was a time when a big man wouldn't come near our campus. UK and UNC are Blue Bloods, they will get the best of us again soon, that's the way it works. We are riding high and I am going to enjoy the hell out of it but it eventually it is going to suck for us at some point. Recruiting is fluid, we just happen to top dog at the moment.

RR/THR are vile dispicable toilets that I really enjoy reading but sometimes I have to step back and askmed my self, how do these buffoons justify this thinking? I go out of my way to live my life with the utmost brutal transparency. I have no political affiliation or anyting like that, just call shit down the middle Honkey, is what I tell myself, as I do with everything in my life.I am completely honest with myself and I can say to myself "Honkey, you are being a jackass or a dick and it's your fault that this scenario happened the way it did". You learn, you grow, mature and are better for it. I guess in Kentucky and some parts of North Carolina there is just cultural stupidity, which we have with RR and THR where you have to lie to yourself to justify your rudimentary way of thinking because you don't have the balls or backbone to be a real man. You are a gutless cvnt that finds joy in dissing a 17 year old kid and his family while you hide behind a keyboard because things didn't go your way and your basketball team missed out on a recruit. What...the...FU....

Had Z Dubb chosen UK or UNC I would have wished the kid nothing but the best. I'm not going to hate on a kid because he choose another school that I "hate". In life I always look at the big picture first. I want to see all people blossom and make our society and country a better place, I couldn't give a shit less where they went to school or who they are affiliated with. A moral compass and strong character is what I hope for these kids no matter what jersery they don.

Before Zions announcement when he was thanking god and his beautiful family and honoring his mother on her Birthday,I thought "Man, what a great day for this kid and his family, this is beautiful". Had he had slipped on a Tarheel or UK hat my thoughts wouldn't have waivered. Why? Because as I stated above, there is a bigger picture.

An example of what is wrong with our society and how a lot people don't, can't and never will see the big picture.

Cowtown Cat

The way Zion and his people acted during the announcement was sickening. I just got a very weird vibe watching it. He made sure to include and add emphasis to "brotherhood" in his announcement. I really don't know how to explain the weird vibe I felt watching it. I'll just say that Zion looked like the cat that ate the canary during the announcement. He was very smug and acted like a borderline smartass, IMO.

Edit: Duke and "brotherhood". [laughing] How many more slogans and/or recruiting tactics is Capel going to steal from UK/Cal? I'd be embarrassed if I was a Duke fan. Them copying UK is what really makes it unbearable. Extremely annoying.

I saw a beautiful point in a young man's life with a beautiful family enjoying the fruits of hardwork and this Clown sees this? To me this is what is wrong with society, we just can't take getting our asses kicked. We just can't say,"You know, they were just better this time".

The difference between a pussy and a man is that pussy makes excuses for his faiures and doesn't hold himself accountable. A man looks in the mirror and says "they kicked our asses, they were better today". A man picks himself up off of the ground and goes back into the fight. A pussy just makes more excuses when he gets his ass kicked again, Example above.

Honestly, who ever Cowtown Cat is and those other pieces of shit degrading Zion and his family,I hope they're not like this in real life, I hope Cowtown Cat is a solid dude and is just pissed at the moment. If not I hope when life kicks his ass he becomes better for it, grows, matures and helps our society and our country be a better place in his own little way. As of now though, he is a pussy ass clown who's balls have yet to drop, but I have hope for you and the one's like you Cowtown Cat. I hope the lights come on for you one day.

That is a beautiful post honkey and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. I believe a lot of here feel very much the same way at least I do but just can't write it as well as you or at least I can't. I don't know how any reasonable and mature fan can post some of the things they do at RR and thr . What I also don't understand is why any reasonable and mature fan or mod would allow some of the things that are permitted. Some of the things they have said about Coach K are actually slander like. I'm pretty sure I've been banned permanently from thr and it's for the better. I've never posted at RR. Lurked a time or two but I wouldn't last long there if I posted like I do. Maybe it's the numbers of their fan bases. I'm just don't know We have our jerks also. Anyway I love being a Duke fan and enjoy poking fun at hof coach roy williams and the tar heels. I don't hate hof coach roy williams, unc players or even their fans. I don't pay a lot of attention to UK fans other than their occasional troll that pops in simply because they are not our rival, never have been and never will be. unc fans they are what they are. They are unc fans. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC

Love the post Honkey and I can tell you from experience living in central ky that ALL of them aren't like some of the idiots on their board. I have some really close friends that are ky fans who are good people, but, unfortunately, there are a TON like cowtown. I have posted in here before about being at a bar watching the ky- fla football game when Tebow got hurt and was carried off the field on a stretcher. I watched almost the entire bar stand up and cheer. Really sickening. I have gotten into altercations with people when I am out watching a Duke game in a public place. I have been told that I deserve it because I should know better than to wear a Duke shirt to a bar in ky. Maybe that's not the smartest thing I could do, but I am a Duke fan and enjoy going out for hot wings and beer for a game. It's a free country and I am not going to hide in my basement!
I talked yesterday about a lady I know who had a Duke sticker on her car, and came out to find all 4 tires slashed and a note saying she should know better. I have only been to Durham once, but I'm betting I could there with another teams colors on my car and feel safe parking it. My point is, not all of them are like cowtown, but way too many are. I've seen so many people at RR say they wish coach K would get cancer and die. Wow.....I've never seen one single poster in here say anything like that about any coach, or wish a kid get hurt like the turds at RR. Just look at recent history with Higgins and now the ref from their bowl game. Tell me one other fanbase in history that has done that, not once, but twice.

Love the post Honkey and I can tell you from experience living in central ky that ALL of them aren't like some of the idiots on their board. I have some really close friends that are ky fans who are good people, but, unfortunately, there are a TON like cowtown. I have posted in here before about being at a bar watching the ky- fla football game when Tebow got hurt and was carried off the field on a stretcher. I watched almost the entire bar stand up and cheer. Really sickening. I have gotten into altercations with people when I am out watching a Duke game in a public place. I have been told that I deserve it because I should know better than to wear a Duke shirt to a bar in ky. Maybe that's not the smartest thing I could do, but I am a Duke fan and enjoy going out for hot wings and beer for a game. It's a free country and I am not going to hide in my basement!
I talked yesterday about a lady I know who had a Duke sticker on her car, and came out to find all 4 tires slashed and a note saying she should know better. I have only been to Durham once, but I'm betting I could there with another teams colors on my car and feel safe parking it. My point is, not all of them are like cowtown, but way too many are. I've seen so many people at RR say they wish coach K would get cancer and die. Wow.....I've never seen one single poster in here say anything like that about any coach, or wish a kid get hurt like the turds at RR. Just look at recent history with Higgins and now the ref from their bowl game. Tell me one other fanbase in history that has done that, not once, but twice.

WOW! That is some crazy Sh!t you have to deal with man, and that poor lady.

Nothing on that level but I have had my Duke mailbox bashed in and my Duke flag ripped down from my porch. I have also had stickers scratched off my car and a license plate cover kicked in. I'm sure it would be worse if I lived in KY.

One time I was in Lexington on a Business trip and this old ass dude, I mean OLD came up to me and started ripping Pitino and UL. I guess he just assumed I was one of the puppets. I just nodded and smiled. I should have shown him the Duke tattoo on my left calf. Probably not a good Idea though, I'm sure I would have been ganged up on. But considering the yellow down their backs I think I would have taken em :cool:

Reactions: DukefanKY
That is a beautiful post honkey and I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. I believe a lot of here feel very much the same way at least I do but just can't write it as well as you or at least I can't. I don't know how any reasonable and mature fan can post some of the things they do at RR and thr . What I also don't understand is why any reasonable and mature fan or mod would allow some of the things that are permitted. Some of the things they have said about Coach K are actually slander like. I'm pretty sure I've been banned permanently from thr and it's for the better. I've never posted at RR. Lurked a time or two but I wouldn't last long there if I posted like I do. Maybe it's the numbers of their fan bases. I'm just don't know We have our jerks also. Anyway I love being a Duke fan and enjoy poking fun at hof coach roy williams and the tar heels. I don't hate hof coach roy williams, unc players or even their fans. I don't pay a lot of attention to UK fans other than their occasional troll that pops in simply because they are not our rival, never have been and never will be. unc fans they are what they are. They are unc fans. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC

I appeciate that Sky and I was hoping you would give me your take. I got mad respect for you and your opinions. I know my post is rough around the edges but....if it ain't rough it ain't me...

Reactions: skysdad
Being one of the newer posters here,i'd like to say that I've been made to feel welcome joining your board.My basketball knowledge may be limited compared to a lot of you guys,but no one has done anything to make me feel like I dont belong..i do notice some occasional petty in fighting,but any of you who have brothers (I have 3) also know that we can fight amongst ourselves,but pity the guy who tries to mess with any of us....Up here in Canada I can wear my Duke gear anywhere and most people have no idea what it is,so I feel fortunate to have found this board where I can share my love for Duke basketball with like minded people...now enough of that shit! U.N.C. SUCKS!!

I am amazed at some of the things that I read sometimes, especially coming from adults....kinda sad, its basketball;)

Good post Honkey. Sky is acting nice to you, but inside he's pissed that you're wearing his belt. HE is the champion and said for you not to forget it!!

WOW! That is some crazy Sh!t you have to deal with man, and that poor lady.

Nothing on that level but I have had my Duke mailbox bashed in and my Duke flag ripped down from my porch. I have also had stickers scratched off my car and a license plate cover kicked in. I'm sure it would be worse if I lived in KY.

One time I was in Lexington on a Business trip and this old ass dude, I mean OLD came up to me and started ripping Pitino and UL. I guess he just assumed I was one of the puppets. I just nodded and smiled. I should have shown him the Duke tattoo on my left calf. Probably not a good Idea though, I'm sure I would have been ganged up on. But considering the yellow down their backs I think I would have taken em :cool:

I have a Duke tat on my left calf as well!! And hear about it daily! What I have is my avatar. My daughter drew it for me!! I wanted some unique instead of just a basic logo that anyone else can have

Good post Honkey. Sky is acting nice to you, but inside he's pissed that you're wearing his belt. HE is the champion and said for you not to forget it!!

HA! I bow down to Sky, he is the Champ. I'm just borrowning the belt. I will give it back after we hang #6 in April :)

I have a Duke tat on my left calf as well!! And hear about it daily! What I have is my avatar. My daughter drew it for me!! I wanted some unique instead of just a basic logo that anyone else can have

I have to admit that Avatar is DOPE! No joke!

That is a hell of a coincidence with the tat! When I am on the coast in S.C in the summer a lot of heel fans give me some beef but it's all been in fun. A lot of dudes will come up to me and be like "Man I LOVE that tattoo!" Most of the responses are positive. You are probably getting death threats in KY.

Ya'll ain't got no dayum Duke tattoo's ! Pics or it ain't real !

Hah! Here is a fantastic gem from Morgousky, who has such insane anger issues it's a bit stunning. Has also said he suffered from alcohol and drug issues. Oh, and he's a HUGE gun guy. Yes, all things you want mixed together.

About Duke people:

They are a bunch of bandwagon bitches, essentially the trolls of college basketball. No one really cares about them deep down, they just enjoy being a part of something people hate, fakes. They are just a bunch of mother f'ers and eventually they will bleed out after K retires and I'm going to piss on their collective soul.

Hah! Here is a fantastic gem from Morgousky, who has such insane anger issues it's a bit stunning. Has also said he suffered from alcohol and drug issues. Oh, and he's a HUGE gun guy. Yes, all things you want mixed together.

About Duke people:

They are a bunch of bandwagon bitches, essentially the trolls of college basketball. No one really cares about them deep down, they just enjoy being a part of something people hate, fakes. They are just a bunch of mother f'ers and eventually they will bleed out after K retires and I'm going to piss on their collective soul.

This guy is what shit steps in and wipes off it's shoes.

And I would be my life savings he has never seen a vagina in person...well except when he looks im the mirror.

Last edited:
I think the "weird feeling" Cowtown kept getting is the realization that Duke is trending up while UK is falling a bit. There was a stretch just after JJ graduated where Duke was getting owned by more talented teams when I started to wonder if Duke was fading a bit in the face of mega classes and having trouble getting good players that had decent academics. I never felt the need to trash UK's recruits publicly, because ultimately, the problem was OUR personnel and our coaching. I privately wondered if UNC's recruits had ever read a book or if they were getting paid, but I never got on the board and started with the hate speech (turns out many of them didn't go to class). It's just sad to see grown men let their frustrations justify this kind of badmouthing. It makes me proud to be a Devil.

I live about 20 minutes North of Durham and several years ago I used to play in a free just for fun Texas Holdem poker league and one of the bars that I played at in the poker league was on Franklin St in Chapel Hill. I would regularly wear a Duke hat, Duke T-shirt or Duke sweatshirt when I would play in a poker league tournament at that bar but surprisingly I never really had any problems with UNC fans even though it was a bae on Franklin St, mainly because I was pretty good friends with the manager and even though he was a UNC fan, he told me that if I ever had any problems with anyone messing with me that he would take care of it but I’ve definitely had more than my fair share of crazy UNC fans. One example was this past summer while I was on vacation at a place that my family has gone to numerous times over the last 25 or so years, this past summer my family went to one of the local restaurants to eat supper that we’d been to more times than I can count over the years and I had a female tell me as we were going into the restaurant that they don’t allow Duke fans in there, she was mostly kidding but at the same time, you could tell by the way she said it that she was at least partially serious.

Ya'll ain't got no dayum Duke tattoo's ! Pics or it ain't real !

Here ya go!!

It's faded some now. Looked awesome when I got it!
My brother is the artist who put it on me. I have a cousin in S.C. That owns 3 shops and my brother works in one of them. Also have a Braves tat on my chest. It's really old
ogs11Tz.jpg

This guy is what shit steps in and wipes off it's shoes.

And I would be my life savings he has never seen a vagina in person...well except when he looks im the mirror.

What's truly scary is that he is a teacher.

Thankfully when last I saw he was trying to get out of teaching. Couldn't happen soon enough.

I live about 20 minutes North of Durham and several years ago I used to play in a free just for fun Texas Holdem poker league and one of the bars that I played at in the poker league was on Franklin St in Chapel Hill. I would regularly wear a Duke hat, Duke T-shirt or Duke sweatshirt when I would play in a poker league tournament at that bar but surprisingly I never really had any problems with UNC fans even though it was a bae on Franklin St, mainly because I was pretty good friends with the manager and even though he was a UNC fan, he told me that if I ever had any problems with anyone messing with me that he would take care of it but I’ve definitely had more than my fair share of crazy UNC fans. One example was this past summer while I was on vacation at a place that my family has gone to numerous times over the last 25 or so years, this past summer my family went to one of the local restaurants to eat supper that we’d been to more times than I can count over the years and I had a female tell me as we were going into the restaurant that they don’t allow Duke fans in there, she was mostly kidding but at the same time, you could tell by the way she said it that she was at least partially serious.

Had a guy spit on my shirt once during a "discussion"....that didn't end well for him. Also in 2010 I went to a local favorite sports bar here to watch the Duke - Butler championship game. Got there at 7:00 and they were closing.....went across town to another place. Got there at about 7:15 and already closed.....no other explanation other than they didn't want anyone watching Duke win a title in their bar!! Wow!!

I went to a bar in down town Greenville S.C a couple of years ago right after we won #5 and was rocking national championship gear. This chick was the bar tender she wouldn't even look our way. She would go right by us. My girlfriend was like "what the f**k is wrong with her" I told her it's the Duke gear. She didn't believe me. She said she was going to get her attention and I was like no don't worry about it I am going to prove to you I am right. So we got up to go to the bar down stairs and as we got to the bottom that bar tender ran to the stairs and screamed "GO TARHEELS". I looked at that chick and Ric Flair'd her. I said "National Champions! Love it or hate it's the best damn thing going today WOOOOO!" And she screamed "Duck Fook!" And I said damn, you must read at the same level as your athletes! She gave me an eat shit look and scurried away.

Needless to say my girlfriend was stunned, she didn't realize how deep the hate ran. She knows now.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Here ya go!!

It's faded some now. Looked awesome when I got it!
My brother is the artist who put it on me. I have a cousin in S.C. That owns 3 shops and my brother works in one of them. Also have a Braves tat on my chest. It's really old
ogs11Tz.jpg

Damn that is sick! Mine is crazy ashy! When I get home from work I will polish it up and try and post it. This weather is wrecking my skin!

I really really wanted to bang my wife's cute little assistant. She went to UNC. I partially wanted to bang her because she was a hot piece. I partially wanted to bang her simply to teach UNC a lesson.

Had a guy spit on my shirt once during a "discussion"....that didn't end well for him. Also in 2010 I went to a local favorite sports bar here to watch the Duke - Butler championship game. Got there at 7:00 and they were closing.....went across town to another place. Got there at about 7:15 and already closed.....no other explanation other than they didn't want anyone watching Duke win a title in their bar!! Wow!!

Yoy can buy them!! I was at a BW's watching Duke-UNC and the waitress was giving me crap for cheering for Duke. I slid a 20 and a 5 dollar bill in the counter and said if Duke wins, your tip is the 20, if unc wins, you get the 5......you should have heard her screaming for Duke when we took the late lead and won!!

Damn that is sick! Mine is crazy ashy! When I get home from work I will polish it up and try and post it. This weather is wrecking my skin!

It looked great when I got it. All my tats fade quick. My brother has some that are 20 years old that still look almost new. I guess everyone's skin reacts differently to them

Honkey, you've been a great poster on here for years. These nuts are just that; a bunch of nuts. Expecting them to be rational and reasonable isn't in their power. Then again, no body rational would pull for UK or UNC anyways so...

Reactions: HonkeyT
I'm about to head home. One more for the road....Wow...

LineSkiCat14

It's the reason I'm cheering for Coach K to decline health-wise. It starts and ends with him. He may have just found the golden ticket to a plethora of final 4s and possibly more titles to end his career.

Let's hope he starts to decline and soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT