ADVERTISEMENT

Ass Kickings: Reflection of a Honkey

@HonkeyT -- nice post. I love Duke basketball. Love Duke University -- worked there, went there. HOWEVER,

There are too many other truly important things that I need to take care that I can actually control and influence before I let Duke basketball become obsessive.

I still can get torqued for a moment before I catch a glimpse of myself. This stuff is fun to talk about, but not worth fostering bitterness. I look at this small group of posters here and am pretty pleased that we don't seem too out of whack. I guess it's a nice "brotherhood" in and of itself.

I live about 20 minutes North of Durham and several years ago I used to play in a free just for fun Texas Holdem poker league and one of the bars that I played at in the poker league was on Franklin St in Chapel Hill. I would regularly wear a Duke hat, Duke T-shirt or Duke sweatshirt when I would play in a poker league tournament at that bar but surprisingly I never really had any problems with UNC fans even though it was a bae on Franklin St, mainly because I was pretty good friends with the manager and even though he was a UNC fan, he told me that if I ever had any problems with anyone messing with me that he would take care of it but I’ve definitely had more than my fair share of crazy UNC fans. One example was this past summer while I was on vacation at a place that my family has gone to numerous times over the last 25 or so years, this past summer my family went to one of the local restaurants to eat supper that we’d been to more times than I can count over the years and I had a female tell me as we were going into the restaurant that they don’t allow Duke fans in there, she was mostly kidding but at the same time, you could tell by the way she said it that she was at least partially serious.

The restaurant sounds like The Homestead ! The same thing happened to me here.

I'm about to head home. One more for the road....Wow...

LineSkiCat14

It's the reason I'm cheering for Coach K to decline health-wise. It starts and ends with him. He may have just found the golden ticket to a plethora of final 4s and possibly more titles to end his career.

Let's hope he starts to decline and soon.
Sickening that the RR mods there let this filth stay up. That makes the whole fan base look like trash.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'm about to head home. One more for the road....Wow...

LineSkiCat14

It's the reason I'm cheering for Coach K to decline health-wise. It starts and ends with him. He may have just found the golden ticket to a plethora of final 4s and possibly more titles to end his career.

Let's hope he starts to decline and soon.

I would hope our mods would ban one of us for comments like that. I couldn't stand Uconn or Wisconsin's previous coaches, but I would never wish health issues or death on them......Wow, that is really pitiful that not only are there fans like that, but human beings like that.

I would hope our mods would ban one of us for comments like that. I couldn't stand Uconn or Wisconsin's previous coaches, but I would never wish health issues or death on them......Wow, that is really pitiful that not only are there fans like that, but human beings like that.
I don't think this individual is old enough or wise enough to know the error of his ways. He'll look back on this statement once his testes come in and regret it most likely.

I was just thinking the same thing. I hope our mods delete any post as hateful and low down as the one criticizing Zion and his family or saying they wish K would die or the various nasty stuff they say about Capel or Grayson. I'll tell you this, I have learned the true integrity of many of the UK fans. They are just a vicious and different breed of humans and they make UNC fans sound like amateurs (with the exception of a few like Gary, Steat, Kyro) when it comes to low down comments about their competition, especially anything anything related to Duke. The UK and UNC Mods are nasty minded people who have no business with control of a sports forum board.

I haven't started a thread in years. I mostly just post in others. Sometimes I go months without posting but read everday. This may actually get deleted or edited but I know no other way but brutal honesty. Mods do what you will but you know I mean well.

In my life in different scenarios I have had my ass kicked, as we all have at one point or another in some aspect. It boggles me that UK/UNC fans just can't say hey "they are kicking our asses". Just take it like a man, I would respect you more, I really would.In recruiting things can turn on a dime. Roy and Cal got the best of us for a few years as far as highly rated kids go.There was a time when a big man wouldn't come near our campus. UK and UNC are Blue Bloods, they will get the best of us again soon, that's the way it works. We are riding high and I am going to enjoy the hell out of it but it eventually it is going to suck for us at some point. Recruiting is fluid, we just happen to top dog at the moment.

RR/THR are vile dispicable toilets that I really enjoy reading but sometimes I have to step back and askmed my self, how do these buffoons justify this thinking? I go out of my way to live my life with the utmost brutal transparency. I have no political affiliation or anyting like that, just call shit down the middle Honkey, is what I tell myself, as I do with everything in my life.I am completely honest with myself and I can say to myself "Honkey, you are being a jackass or a dick and it's your fault that this scenario happened the way it did". You learn, you grow, mature and are better for it. I guess in Kentucky and some parts of North Carolina there is just cultural stupidity, which we have with RR and THR where you have to lie to yourself to justify your rudimentary way of thinking because you don't have the balls or backbone to be a real man. You are a gutless cvnt that finds joy in dissing a 17 year old kid and his family while you hide behind a keyboard because things didn't go your way and your basketball team missed out on a recruit. What...the...FU....

Had Z Dubb chosen UK or UNC I would have wished the kid nothing but the best. I'm not going to hate on a kid because he choose another school that I "hate". In life I always look at the big picture first. I want to see all people blossom and make our society and country a better place, I couldn't give a shit less where they went to school or who they are affiliated with. A moral compass and strong character is what I hope for these kids no matter what jersery they don.

Before Zions announcement when he was thanking god and his beautiful family and honoring his mother on her Birthday,I thought "Man, what a great day for this kid and his family, this is beautiful". Had he had slipped on a Tarheel or UK hat my thoughts wouldn't have waivered. Why? Because as I stated above, there is a bigger picture.

An example of what is wrong with our society and how a lot people don't, can't and never will see the big picture.

Cowtown Cat

The way Zion and his people acted during the announcement was sickening. I just got a very weird vibe watching it. He made sure to include and add emphasis to "brotherhood" in his announcement. I really don't know how to explain the weird vibe I felt watching it. I'll just say that Zion looked like the cat that ate the canary during the announcement. He was very smug and acted like a borderline smartass, IMO.

Edit: Duke and "brotherhood". [laughing] How many more slogans and/or recruiting tactics is Capel going to steal from UK/Cal? I'd be embarrassed if I was a Duke fan. Them copying UK is what really makes it unbearable. Extremely annoying.

I saw a beautiful point in a young man's life with a beautiful family enjoying the fruits of hardwork and this Clown sees this? To me this is what is wrong with society, we just can't take getting our asses kicked. We just can't say,"You know, they were just better this time".

The difference between a pussy and a man is that pussy makes excuses for his faiures and doesn't hold himself accountable. A man looks in the mirror and says "they kicked our asses, they were better today". A man picks himself up off of the ground and goes back into the fight. A pussy just makes more excuses when he gets his ass kicked again, Example above.

Honestly, who ever Cowtown Cat is and those other pieces of shit degrading Zion and his family,I hope they're not like this in real life, I hope Cowtown Cat is a solid dude and is just pissed at the moment. If not I hope when life kicks his ass he becomes better for it, grows, matures and helps our society and our country be a better place in his own little way. As of now though, he is a pussy ass clown who's balls have yet to drop, but I have hope for you and the one's like you Cowtown Cat. I hope the lights come on for you one day.
A nice and from the heart post Honkey.

Geez... I have made it my goal that every time I'm on UNCs campus, be it for a game or more than like a cheer camp or visit with students, to wear my Duke shirts... The kids just go on about their business. Some make look at me a little sideways, but they don't say anything or act crazy!

You should see Zion's personal FB page. I sent him a friend request years ago when he was just coming in to the spotlight. He has a lot of friends now obviously. After his announcement you should have seen the garbage being said to him. This is a teenager and very good kid getting berated from adults over basketball. The ironic thing is if you like at most the profiles they were people who lived in Kentucky. Most of the rest were hole fans. I'm convinced that 90% of UK's fan base is just trash. Yes Duke has a few bad apples, but not even remotely close to what UK has.

Reactions: DukefanKY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT