ADVERTISEMENT

A recruit we don't want

He’s axtually very very talented. Some think negative anout him due to his father but they forget he moved up a class and was ranked right behind Cole Anthony. He is talented enough to go to any blue blood and start but his father is such a headache when things don’t go right that it’s likely not worth it. I doubt he’s eligable anyway

Reactions: skysdad
I think K could handle his dad....I mean I haven’t heard much from his dad with Lebron lol ...lately....?

I don’t like his dad but I don’t have a problem with him. I get what he’s doing

I don’t think it will even be any need to to worry about him possibly coming to Duke because he played professionally overseas so he might not even be eligible to go to college anyway if he was paid any money while playing professionally overseas although his dad says claims he never got paid for playing overseas and he also hired an agent after he dropped out of high school to play overseas but that might not be an issue because of the new rule that players considered to be elite can work with agents while in college. Talent wise I wouldn’t mind having him bedside they say he’s actually supposed to be at pretty good player but drama wise I don’t want him because that means we get his dad along with him and that would be one huge headache and might drive Coach K to retire after having to deal with LaVar’s antics.

I recommend going and reading all of the Twitter comments once the news broke that he was gonna consider UK.
To sum it all up....."We would love to take him, maybe Duke won't want him and we'll get him."

Forget LaMelo. All i care about landing is Lebron James JR.

Last edited:
I recommend going and reading all of the Twitter comments once the news broke that he was gonna consider UK.
To sum it all up....."We would love to take him, maybe Duke won't want him and we'll get him."

Forget LaMelo. All i care about landing is Lebron James JR.
Until we get him then it’s we didn’t want him or his dad blah blah

We do not need this $hit show. Maybe he should try for ECPI. I hear UCLA would be an option. The University of Campbell between Lillington and Angier.

Reactions: Showenuff
He’s a pass from me as well. I’m not a fan of sins of the father.....but I don’t want his dad around. A public controversy with Coach K would be all over the news and we know how much Ball Sr. likes to be in the news.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
I don’t think it will even be any need to to worry about him possibly coming to Duke because he played professionally overseas so he might not even be eligible to go to college anyway if he was paid any money while playing professionally overseas although his dad says claims he never got paid for playing overseas and he also hired an agent after he dropped out of high school to play overseas but that might not be an issue because of the new rule that players considered to be elite can work with agents while in college. Talent wise I wouldn’t mind having him bedside they say he’s actually supposed to be at pretty good player but drama wise I don’t want him because that means we get his dad along with him and that would be one huge headache and might drive Coach K to retire after having to deal with LaVar’s antics.
I think one of the things weve seen over the years at Duke is it takes more than just talent to win it also takes chemistry. My fear is that he could bring distractions that would affect team chemistry.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
I want him... just for the pure entertainment of seeing how K and Lavar interact (or don’t interact).. would be pure comedy.

Can you imagine the media crap show having LaVar associated with Duke basketball?

I want him... just for the pure entertainment of seeing how K and Lavar interact (or don’t interact).. would be pure comedy.

Are you kidding ? It would ruin our entire season. He’s not even that great of a player.

46162337_944706232390870_2623660968390950912_n.jpg

A year ago many of us would have been saying we didn't want a guy w/ 1.9 million followers on Twitter...

Nope, I always wanted Zion. He’s humble and kind. Not an arrogant prick with a Dad I’d rather kick in the ass than listen to his mouth.

Reactions: QC Dukie and LH24ND
Nope, I always wanted Zion. He’s humble and kind. Not an arrogant prick with a Dad I’d rather kick in the ass than listen to his mouth.
Yes, you led that bandwagon and can tell everyone that you told us so all season if you want. That's why I said "many of us," show.

John Wall and Marvin Bagley, III would be other examples whose recruitment divided many of us.

I hope LaMelo goes to the G League under the new rule and goes no where near a college campus. His brother already poisoned UCLA, so why subject another school to the Lavar shitshow. If he thought Lithuania was the sticks , wait until he gets assigned to the Erie Bayhawks, Maine Red Claws, Rio Grande Valley Vipers, or Iowa Wolves....

I hope LaMelo goes to the G League under the new rule and goes no where near a college campus. His brother already poisoned UCLA, so why subject another school to the Lavar shitshow. If he thought Lithuania was the sticks , wait until he gets assigned to the Erie Bayhawks, Maine Red Claws, Rio Grande Valley Vipers, or Iowa Wolves....
I actually hope he goes to uk.

Does he seriously think Duke is interested. OFC

Please Tre, win us a ship this year and come back next year for a repeat so we can avoid even the possibility of the Balls' sideshow!

I’ve never seen any highlights of the kid. Nor do I care to. Is he even good enough to play in the ACC?

Yes, you led that bandwagon and can tell everyone that you told us so all season if you want. That's why I said "many of us," show.

John Wall and Marvin Bagley, III would be other examples whose recruitment divided many of us.

Huh? I led the bandwagon? Dafuk you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT