ADVERTISEMENT

9 remaining games

We sweep UNC. We only play them twice this year. UVA I don’t think so. We gotta beat them 2 more times ;)

Reactions: Hurley22
I think it will be tough to sweep UNC, but I think it’ll be tougher for them to sweep us.

I remember in 2015 you said about this time, maybe a little later, that the team was special. They gelled and you thought there was a definite shot to win the last game of the season. I only remember because you rarely go that far and tend to be reserved.

Any feelings like that about now with this team?

I remember in 2015 you said about this time, maybe a little later, that the team was special. They gelled and you thought there was a definite shot to win the last game of the season. I only remember because you rarely go that far and tend to be reserved.

Any feelings like that about now with this team?

Yes. Maybe more so than 2015.

Reactions: dbav and QC Dukie
I think it will be tough to sweep UNC, but I think it’ll be tougher for them to sweep us.

I agree.

But I now think Carolina is capable of sweeping us. I certainly didn't think so a month ago.

I'm not necessarily saying I think they will. Just that they're capable. As much as I hate the Cheats... I'm afraid they're better than i thought they'd be.

Last edited:
Unx isn’t even splitting with us. We are just better at every position. At some positions it isn’t even close.

Reactions: dukesince91
I think being swept by UNC is possible but highly highly unlikely. Being young we still have plenty of moments where we aren’t 100% engines blasting. I can’t envision a scenario where we aren’t 100% during both games. We are scary at that level. UNC will live and die by the 3. Maybe they are hot 1 of the games. Tough to be as hot as will be needed both games.

And like is always the case, if our shots are falling on any given night, we are impossible to beat, impossible.

I'd be happy with 7 of 9. That is a gauntlet for the Los Angeles Lakers. Well not happy but okay with it.

Last edited:
I think being swept by UNC is possible but highly highly unlikely. Being young we still have plenty of moments where we aren’t 100% engines blasting. I can’t envision a scenario where we aren’t 100% during both games. We are scary at that level. UNC will live and die by the 3. Maybe they are hot 1 of the games. Tough to be as hot as will be needed both games.

And like is always the case, if our shots are falling on any given night, we are impossible to beat, impossible.
UNC defense is atrocious! Gave up 96 to NC State. That’s pretty bad!

Reactions: QC Dukie
One advantage we have against UNC is that a few of their main weaknesses really feed into our strengths.

For one, they have a tendency (although they've been a little better lately) to sometimes be loose with the basketball. If they do that against us and it creates transition offense, then it severely diminishes their chances.

Two, Roy doesn't zone, and he's pretty tried and true to how he's going to defend. This year's UNC team isn't bad defensively, but they lack really good individual defenders. Their best individual defender is Kenny Williams, who is going to be giving up three to four inches (minimum) to whoever he guards, and that doesn't factor in length.

UNC is going to try and run because that's what they do. They're also going to rebound. If they can win the latter and make outside shots, expect two really close games.

UNC defense is atrocious! Gave up 96 to NC State. That’s pretty bad!

Believe it or not, but points allowed don't always equate to whether it's bad defense or not. Their adjusted defense for that game wasn't glaringly bad. It wasn't good, mind you, but it wasn't atrocious. The number of possessions in that game was off the charts.

For the season, kenpom has their adjusted defense at 16th best in the country, which puts them among the top five percent of defenses in the entire country. Like I said in a previous post, they lack elite individual defenders, but they tend to play decent team defense. That said, against Duke they're going to get a look at the best individual offensive players they've seen all season, as well....so something will have to give.

I look at the UNC series like this....any logical UNC fan deep-down would be pumped about a split with us. They know we are the better team.
Us Duke fans, will only be satisfied with a sweep. Anything less is unacceptable given our talent advantage.

Plus...when we sweep UNC, we win the title.

Not confident about the title, but I’d bet my house we sweep them ignorant basterds!!! Uraaaaaaaa mfs!!!!! .....that is all :)

I MUST FIND A PAIR OF THESE IN SIZE 13.

Dy1-tJrVYAA0rmy

I MUST FIND A PAIR OF THESE IN SIZE 13.

Dy1-tJrVYAA0rmy
Wowwwwwww. I just spent the last 20 min gouging the internet every single search possible looking to buy these....don’t know if they are for sale to the public. Those are Lebron’s.

May need a Nike/Duke connection to land these. If anyone knows of one, I’ll pay extra.

Reactions: Showenuff
By the way, I was watching the Duke '91-'92: Back to Back special again recently... did you guys know the story about Grant Hill forgetting to take his shoes to the Carolina game in Chapel Hill? I'd never heard about that before I heard it in the documentary.

JWill, if you find out how to get them let me know. I want a pair of 13’s.

Reactions: tripleb71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT