ADVERTISEMENT

5PointPlay Podcast

Really great episode, probably the best so far. We share a lot of similar opinions and so it’s always nice to hear, confirmation of sorts. Nothing bothered me more than the end of the year, jumping into gameday threads and seeing some of the comments from some of our own. And then the threads that popped up in the days after calling for radical changes and ripping down what has been built up over 40 years.

I get that it’s disappointing, I get we all handle emotions differently. I myself wanted it for this group so damn bad. I wanted it for myself as I invest a lot of time into this team as I do all the teams I root for. It wasn’t meant to be.

I really enjoy this podcast and this board as a whole. I simply wish we could do away with the crap mentioned above and spark insightful meaningful discussion about how we will get number 6. Great episode again.

Really great episode, probably the best so far. We share a lot of similar opinions and so it’s always nice to hear, confirmation of sorts. Nothing bothered me more than the end of the year, jumping into gameday threads and seeing some of the comments from some of our own. And then the threads that popped up in the days after calling for radical changes and ripping down what has been built up over 40 years.

I get that it’s disappointing, I get we all handle emotions differently. I myself wanted it for this group so damn bad. I wanted it for myself as I invest a lot of time into this team as I do all the teams I root for. It wasn’t meant to be.

I really enjoy this podcast and this board as a whole. I simply wish we could do away with the crap mentioned above and spark insightful meaningful discussion about how we will get number 6. Great episode again.

Thanks, chov. Couldn’t have said it any better. Sports are supposed to be a distraction not an extension and I forget that sometimes. Hopefully this episode was cathartic for those who may agree with us and those who may not.

Reactions: timo0402

Appreciate the kind words and for tuning in. Folks might not always agree with our respective takes. But we all should have the same goals in common- supporting our guys through thick and thin and hoping they come together to deliver on the grandest stage.

Reactions: dukehokie
Great first season fellas. That music and speech at the end hit me in the feels. Haha completely agreed though. If you solely watch this team for the enjoyment of a championship, you’re going to be left disappointed a lot of years in your life. Enjoy the process because we’re luckier than any other college basketball fan base in the country. No we didn’t get the end result we wanted with this team, but this season has given me some of the best enjoyment I’ve ever had as a Duke fan.

Great first season fellas. That music and speech at the end hit me in the feels. Haha completely agreed though. If you solely watch this team for the enjoyment of a championship, you’re going to be left disappointed a lot of years in your life. Enjoy the process because we’re luckier than any other college basketball fan base in the country. No we didn’t get the end result we wanted with this team, but this season has given me some of the best enjoyment I’ve ever had as a Duke fan.
Awesome post, thanks for tuning in, and we will be here through out the off season!

I wanted to bump this since during the off-season, we won't have a weekly schedule. I'm uploading Monday, so you're not going to want to miss this episode. We talk Tre's return, getting Matthew Hurt, other recruiting news and outlooks for the 2019-2020 season.

"But wait," you say. "That's only 4 pillars. I thought it was the 5 Point Play Podcast." Well you're right. Our 5th pillar is easily our best segment to date. No spoilers yet, but we got a chance to interview a Duke basketball legend! You'll find out more on Monday. Seriously, don't miss this episode!

https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059
Your boy @dukehokie and I have listened to many a duke and college hoops podcast in our day. So much so that we sheepishly think we can do it better.....

So with that, we took our first crack at a duke hoops podcast for you guys. We would love your thoughts (critical is more than welcome), suggestions and ideas. The goal is to do this weekly throughout the season.

We also have set up an email address to send in questions or ideas you’d like to see us cover. 5PointPlaypodcast@gmail.com.

We will get this up on iTunes within the next couple of days- however you can listen to it for free on SoundCloud- https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059
I gotta say I never listened to podcasts much. I had been listen to the Duke Devils Den podcast on occasion, but I listened to your all’s podcast today( the episode after the elite eight loss). I will say I will be listening from now on. U guys are really good and know what u all are talking about.

I gotta say I never listened to podcasts much. I had been listen to the Duke Devils Den podcast on occasion, but I listened to your all’s podcast today( the episode after the elite eight loss). I will say I will be listening from now on. U guys are really good and know what u all are talking about.
Thanks for the kind words and your support!

I wanted to bump this since during the off-season, we won't have a weekly schedule. I'm uploading Monday, so you're not going to want to miss this episode. We talk Tre's return, getting Matthew Hurt, other recruiting news and outlooks for the 2019-2020 season.

"But wait," you say. "That's only 4 pillars. I thought it was the 5 Point Play Podcast." Well you're right. Our 5th pillar is easily our best segment to date. No spoilers yet, but we got a chance to interview a Duke basketball legend! You'll find out more on Monday. Seriously, don't miss this episode!
I had a lot of fun doing the podcast this week and all season long. No signs of slowing down now!

Great. Now I have to look forward to a Monday. I’ve only looked forward to a Monday 9 times in 35 years. I was only happy about that decision 5 of those 9 times.

Really appreciate that. Thank you so much. We promise to not rest and get better each time out.

Also don’t forget, this is the prime time to throw some questions out there for us. The summer is slow with news and it would be great to generate some conversations based on your thoughts. Put them here or send them to 5pointplaypodcast@gmail.com.

The pay or don’t pay the players debate. OAD rule potentially going away. Should they profit off their likeness while in college.

NBA playoffs and the Duke players in the playoffs.

The offensive and defensive schemes you two expect to see next year now that the lineup is almost set (should be if Stanley chooses before you tape). Who will be the leading scorers and minute distribution.

Sean Miller and Will Wade not having to testify, which is probably saving, at least, Miller his job.

Early predictions for the ACC next year now that it appears every player in the state of Virginia is leaving their school (sorry @dukehokie).

Which psychological tests would be best for various THR posters. This might require its own hour long show.

Have @pisgah101 and @IPSYCHOSIS on as guests at the same time.

The pay or don’t pay the players debate. OAD rule potentially going away. Should they profit off their likeness while in college.

The offensive and defensive schemes you two expect to see next year now that the lineup is almost set (should be if Stanley chooses before you tape). Who will be the leading scorers and minute distribution.

Sean Miller and Will Wade not having to testify, which is probably saving, at least, Miller his job.

Early predictions for the ACC next year now that it appears every player in the state of Virginia is leaving their school (sorry @dukehokie).

Which psychological tests would be best for various THR posters. This might require its own hour long show.

Haha I’ll do it

I’m in
evCAMXc.jpg

MVP listener!

Finished editing last night. Posting tonight. Next clue for the special guest is an easy-ish one.

Forever’s Team.

Looking forward to it. I’ve missed a few shows, but I have a 4 hour drive coming up on Wednesday and back on Friday where I plan to catch up.
Awesome time to fire them up an thanks for all of the topic ideas. We will use them all during the off season.

I would do a special segment on the now dangers of Ipsy knowing how to post pictures. The rest of DI should brace themselves.

I would add Dachump to go along with Pisgah and Ipsy. That episode would be Pay Per Listen, or PPL.
The only downside is you two may be tempted to drink Clorox.

I would do a special segment on the now dangers of Ipsy knowing how to post pictures. The rest of DI should brace themselves.

I would add Dachump to go along with Pisgah and Ipsy. That episode would be Pay Per Listen, or PPL.
The only downside is you two may be tempted to drink Clorox.
You take it a little far man lol :)

New episode!!!

This week is a packed episode! TK & AC get to chat with Kenny Dennard as well as discuss Matthew Hurt, Cassius Stanley and other future Duke recruits. They also break down Tre Jones's return and the outlook of the 2019-2020 Duke Blue Devils. You won't want to miss this one!

Great episode, fellas! Love the stories from the original KD. Gonna look up that reverse dunk and checkout the GTHCGTH website. You all have me persuaded about Zion’s number being retired once he gets his degree.

Looking forward to next season even more after listening to the potential lineups. I agree it’s going to be a “what do we need?” (defense, shooting, FT, etc) year of lineups. Also looking forward to a team with lots of fouls to give at every position. It’ll definitely increase the defensive intensity.

Great episode, fellas! Love the stories from the original KD. Gonna look up that reverse dunk and checkout the GTHCGTH website. You all have me persuaded about Zion’s number being retired once he gets his degree.

Looking forward to next season even more after listening to the potential lineups. I agree it’s going to be a “what do we need?” (defense, shooting, FT, etc) year of lineups. Also looking forward to a team with lots of fouls to give at every position. It’ll definitely increase the defensive intensity.
Thanks again for listening, can’t tell you how much fun it was to chop it up with a legend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT