ADVERTISEMENT

5 Point Play Podcast - Good/Bad/Ugly

timo0402

Feb 24, 2009
It's a new season! We start it out big with an interview with Clint Jackson and Brian McLawhorn. We also discuss the new team and our expectations. And we give our favorite JJ Redick memories after he announced his retirement. Don't miss it! - First Practice Presser - Veteran Expectations - Freshman Expectations - Brian and Clint - Tribute to JJ

Reactions: GillJET
This week, we start giving our player predictions and expectations. We also touch on some recruiting news, team captains, media attention and more. We also go back into the archives and discuss some of the biggest 'what ifs' in Duke history. You won't want to miss this one as we guide you to the start of the season. Let's Go Duke!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000537801866

Well done. Interesting that the starting 5 in practice has Keels instead of AJ. I know AJ is a little banged up, but we may be using him as a super 6th man, which some smart guy suggested recently. :)

Well done. Interesting that the starting 5 in practice has Keels instead of AJ. I know AJ is a little banged up, but we may be using him as a super 6th man, which some smart guy suggested recently. :)
I think K is definitely challenging both him and Paolo. Not a bad thing especially when we need both guys to be assertive. Thanks for listening!

Reactions: christophero
Based on the early eye test Banchero and Moore will be our iron men and go to guys. Mark too. The rest of the line up may be determined by who is hot and may fluctuate. Moore and Keels could be a backcourt option if Roach struggles or cannot defend, which was an issue last year. Roach will still play I'm just saying we have options, and Banchero could be a point forward.

Based on the early eye test Banchero and Moore will be our iron men and go to guys. Mark too. The rest of the line up may be determined by who is hot and may fluctuate. Moore and Keels could be a backcourt option if Roach struggles or cannot defend, which was an issue last year. Roach will still play I'm just saying we have options, and Banchero could be a point forward.
I agree on Moore and Banchero being the iron men. I think Roach is going to have a big year and really surprise a lot of people.

He just looks so tiny out there. I hope you are right. Roach as a 4 year guy would be nice, but after last year I'm not getting my hopes up. Still traumatized over losing 7 out of our 11 guys ha.

He just looks so tiny out there. I hope you are right. Roach as a 4 year guy would be nice, but after last year I'm not getting my hopes up. Still traumatized over losing 7 out of our 11 guys ha.
It’s going to be a blessing in disguise I think, re: then leaving. This team has all the pieces. Roach is going to restore your faith.

Countdown to Craziness is upon us! We talk about what we'd like to see, what we saw, our favorite moments and what to expect. We also talk about some AJ injury news, Mark Mitchell and more. And oh yeah, Chase Jeter bottle flips!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000538408212

After Duke's silent scrimmage against Villanova, the table is set. Who is this Duke going into the exhibition against Winston-Salem St.? Where's the love for Paolo? What can Mark and Wendell give us this season? The guys break it all down, plus we give you little run down of the Duke guys killing it in the league. Back after a week hiatus, it's the 5 Point Play Podcast!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000539716084

Drop a comment and give us 5 stars on iTunes!

After Duke's crushing victory over WSSU, we discuss the highs and the lows of the team and every player in our new post game segment "Duke Trending." We also go in depth on the defensive and offensive potential of the squad. And finally we wrap it all up with Duke In The NBA. Duke is trending and so are we! Get in early. Let's Go Duke!

The start of the college basketball season has returned! It's Duke. It's Kentucky. The boys wrap it up and put a bow on it, because it's Christmas time for Duke fans! We give you matchups, offense vs. defense, recruiting, all of it. Duke and Kentucky go back and we bring it all to you. Let's Go Duke!

It's either gonna be a really good Tuesday or a really bad Tuesday ha. I'll be at the gym, so I'll be the guy either cheering or cursing on the elliptical machine. Or both. They have big TVs there. I think they are going to press full court.

Last edited:
Duke came away with 2 wins, but there's work to do. We talk player by player in the Duke stock exchange and more. We also discuss Duke's top ranked class and the next 3 games leading up to Gonzaga! Don't miss it! Let's Go Duke!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000542043169

After a much needed two week break, Duke returned to action and looked great! Now we move on to the second season, conference play. On this week's episode: - Recaps - Stock Watch - Christmas Wishlist - ACC Preview - Virginia Tech Preview Let's Go Duke!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000545441369

It's a good test for a young team against one of the better ACC teams. Down year or not, most of the ACC teams are at least capable of taking us down, esp on their court. I know I sound like chicken little but I see this happen every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
After a loss to Miami, can Duke right the ship or does K have one last January swoon left in him. We take a look at Duke's January troubles to see the reason. Plus we unveil a new segment: This Week In Duke History. Plus we preview the tough stretch ahead with Wake, St. and FSU. Don't miss it!! Tune in on SoundCloud and Apple Podcasts!

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/5-point-play-podcast/id1450960226?i=1000547605018

I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw the light after the loss.. We’ve beat some pretty good teams and havnt even peaked yet too. I’m like the guy, I have no idea who it was that said he has an “all time high confidence after the loss after he slept” or said something like that. That’s me.

Reactions: timo0402
Without Keels we need Moore to step up. Also AJ has been quiet after his breakout.

It’s hard for Mark to get rebounds when he’s going 7-20 blocking shots a game ;)

Teams are killing us on the weak side of Mark . Teams are exploiting it. Both rebounding and easy buckets. We need someone opposite of mark in position to get/stop both. Mark cant play defense, jump alter the shot block shots and get the damn rebound too lol. We’ll figure it out

I noticed that a lot with the Plumlees. They would get one block, followed by a put back or dunk.

All correct. If you’re going to try and block everything under the sun, there has to be weak side rebounding help.

Go To Hell Carolina, Go To Hell!!! It's Carolina week. We bring all the hate and anger we have toward the Heels! No love lost here. No respect. Just straight Go To Hell! What can you expect from this game, a little rivalry history and more! Don't miss this one on your lead up to Saturday.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
WOW!!! Duke absolutely stomped UNC in Chapel Hill. What's next for Duke? We preview not only the week ahead, but the forecast for the rest of the way. We also give AJ his flowers. After the beat down, you can't miss this one! Let's Go Duke!

Reactions: IFaZe and GillJET
On a side note Dukes +1400 to win the NCAA tournament. Bet a 1k to win a 15k to simplify . As confident as I am I’m tempted to bet 5k and win 75k 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT