ADVERTISEMENT

5PointPlay Podcast

New Episode!!!!

This week, TK & AC discuss Jeremy Roach and some of Duke's biggest targets coming up in the 2020 class with Clint Jackson and Brian McLawhorn! Plus, where do the guys think Javin and Marques end up and what was the deal with Boogie Ellis? Go Duke!!

New Episode!!!!

This week, TK & AC discuss Jeremy Roach and some of Duke's biggest targets coming up in the 2020 class with Clint Jackson and Brian McLawhorn! Plus, where do the guys think Javin and Marques end up and what was the deal with Boogie Ellis? Go Duke!!

Hey Boogie!!! He turns up everywhere like a "Bad Penny!" OFC

New episode currently loading. This one has a fun debate about Duke's point guards.

*****New Episode!!!*****

The summer continues and Duke Basketball never stops. This week, TK & AC discuss Javin and Ques's decisions, the now set roster for 2019-2020, the possible Cade Cunningham/Brandon Boston switch, and the possible future of college basketball. The guys also introduce the new summer series. First up, who was Duke's best point guard of all-time? See if you agree and don't miss a minute of it!

Reactions: GillJET
I like the starting 5 projection for next year. I guess we have found out that apparently starting 4 freshmen isn’t the answer.

At least with this group. Looking at last season and the season prior, I’m not sure there were many upperclassmen available that would have started over most of those guys, outside of being for the sake of starting upperclassmen.

This year, with a less talented group, there’s a possibility at times that we see 2-3 upperclassmen starting or playing crunch time minutes for this squad. Javin, Jack, Alex and Jordan all have experience playing meaningful time. Joey may earn that right early on.

The depth is there. Will they force K’s hand? I really hope so.

Great job keeping the podcast relevant even in the off-season. I’m not sure how it all works, but I hope you guys are continuing to grow as a “brand”, it’s really a great show.

Thanks, Gill. We’re trying. Next stop will be getting on Bleacher Report’s feed. Glad you’re liking the summer content!

Reactions: GillJET
I really like our mix of young talent and experience next year. Even if we only reach the Sweet 16 I will enjoy it. I'm lowering my expectations for my own sanity.

I really like our mix of young talent and experience next year. Even if we only reach the Sweet 16 I will enjoy it. I'm lowering my expectations for my own sanity.

I think everyone should. What I do expect is a group that plays hard and together. That much should be expected from a group heavy with experience.

Reactions: timo0402
Yeah, expectations are your own, for me, they’re tempered. Not because of anything that has happened in the last few seasons, but more so because of the roster. I just think the ceiling is lower than most duke teams. They could surprise and clearly having Tre back, is the ace in the hole. We go as he goes.

Yeah, expectations are your own, for me, they’re tempered. Not because of anything that has happened in the last few seasons, but more so because of the roster. I just think the ceiling is lower than most duke teams. They could surprise and clearly having Tre back, is the ace in the hole. We go as he goes.
I tempered last year........then Kentucky happened.

Good episode guys! I enjoyed it. I agreed pretty closely with your takes on all the guards, and I was glad you had Chris Duhon as high as you did. Another about Chris that I loved was his defense. I thought he was a very very solid defender
Just listened to it finally while cutting grass. Awesome show by two real Duke guys. Keep it up.

*****New Episode*****

It's the NBA Draft special! If you love the Devils and love the NBA, this is the episode for you! The guys discuss Duke's draft history, the role of a coach in high level sports, The Association and more! This is the perfect episode to get you ready for draft night. Go Duke!

****Disclaimer**** This podcast was recorded before the Russell Westbrook deal. TK needs you to know that! This week was insane for Duke news. The guys discuss:

- Jalen Johnson's commitment
- Duke in the NBA
- Grayson Allen and the nonsense he's facing
- NBA Free Agency
- The Scheyer Effect

This is a loaded episode! You don't want to miss it. The Summer of Duke continues. Let's Go Duke!

Listened on the boat today in the marina. Several people walked by and asked “are you listening to a Duke show?”........yes! Yes I am!!

I loved the Jalen comparison to Tatum. When Timo asked the question, I looked at my wife and said I hope he says Tatum....and Bingo!

Listened on the boat today in the marina. Several people walked by and asked “are you listening to a Duke show?”........yes! Yes I am!!

I loved the Jalen comparison to Tatum. When Timo asked the question, I looked at my wife and said I hope he says Tatum....and Bingo!
Thanks for the listen and i also think it’s the best comparison!

Haha. I think it’s the best comparison. I’ve seen Grant, but I think Jalen is a better, more willing shooter.

Thanks for the listen and spread the good word!

Reactions: timo0402
It's the season finale!!! As we wrap up the 2018-2019 season, we look back at the 5 most intriguing stories. From the UK demolition, all the way to Shoegate, we touch it all! As we ramp up for the new season, this is a can't miss episode. Let's Go Duke!

******EMERGENCY********

Our first Emergency Podcast (EPC). This is not a drill!!! We talk through the DJ Steward commitment, who to expect next, and discuss other breaking Duke news of the day! Oh what a day, what a lovely day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT