ADVERTISEMENT

5PointPlay Podcast

timo0402

Feb 24, 2009
https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059
Your boy @dukehokie and I have listened to many a duke and college hoops podcast in our day. So much so that we sheepishly think we can do it better.....

So with that, we took our first crack at a duke hoops podcast for you guys. We would love your thoughts (critical is more than welcome), suggestions and ideas. The goal is to do this weekly throughout the season.

We also have set up an email address to send in questions or ideas you’d like to see us cover. 5PointPlaypodcast@gmail.com.

We will get this up on iTunes within the next couple of days- however you can listen to it for free on SoundCloud- https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059

https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059
Your boy @dukehokie and I have listened to many a duke and college hoops podcast in our day. So much so that we sheepishly think we can do it better.....

So with that, we took our first crack at a duke hoops podcast for you guys. We would love your thoughts (critical is more than welcome), suggestions and ideas. The goal is to do this weekly throughout the season.

We also have set up an email address to send in questions or ideas you’d like to see us cover. 5PointPlaypodcast@gmail.com.

We will get this up on iTunes within the next couple of days- however you can listen to it for free on SoundCloud- https://soundcloud.com/user-116781059
I'll check it out once it hits ITunes. You guys are awesome, and I agree, almost all of the Duke basketball Podcasts aren't very good. Looking forward to the weekly listen.

My buddy and I did an NBA Podcast from 2014-2016 named Called Bank, it's still available on ITunes. It's crazy how much better you will get at doing it after a years worth or reps.

Yeah. I can’t wait to get it going once we have a few of technical things out of the way, but the content is solid and organized.

I really think you guys who listen to pods will enjoy it

ITunes may take a couple of days and we have some Kentucky game content in there so be sure to click the link @timo0402 put up.

I can’t sit and talk like that ...I have to actually sit, watch, THEN think about what I want to say that’s appropriate and has any kind of intelligence to it before I say it ....And still I struggle!! That’s why I guess a message board is for me lmao...not much of a talker and (I try) to type if you get that lmao

Reactions: dukehokie
Nice job! Enjoyed listening and am excited to have another Duke podcast to entertain me between game days. If I had to give any constructive criticism it would be 1) sound quality was fairly poor, especially on Timo’s Mic, couldn’t hear what you were saying some of the time. 2) Less recap of things we all know and more analysis; could be just a first episode thing, but really thought you hit your stride when discussing the matchups with Duke and Kentucky and thought you could have gone even more in depth. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: timo0402
Nice job! Enjoyed listening and am excited to have another Duke podcast to entertain me between game days. If I had to give any constructive criticism it would be 1) sound quality was fairly poor, especially on Timo’s Mic, couldn’t hear what you were saying some of the time. 2) Less recap of things we all know and more analysis; could be just a first episode thing, but really thought you hit your stride when discussing the matchups with Duke and Kentucky and thought you could have gone even more in depth. Keep up the good work!
Thank you, and have already ordered a new mic- that was our first takeaway as well. Appreciate the feedback!

Good job guys. I think we need a “DI corner” where you talk about the board and how great we are LOL and special poster appearances

Thought is was really good. I found your takes on last year's team interesting, and liked the breakdown on the game tomorrow night.

Ratings may go through the roof if ya'll bring Ipsy on. Not sure how much basketball would get discussed though.

I told y’all I can’t talk like that!! Hahah I have to think before opening my mouth and even then it’s questionable....Now if we were all sitting at a table and it was just us y’all would just say I’m crazy and all would be good, but other people listening? I’d be scared of that situation...my mouth tends to be uncensored when I don’t think before opening the pie hole ....

I told y’all I can’t talk like that!! Hahah I have to think before opening my mouth and even then it’s questionable....Now if we were all sitting at a table and it was just us y’all would just say I’m crazy and all would be good, but other people listening? I’d be scared of that situation...my mouth tends to be uncensored when I don’t think before opening the pie hole ....

We don't want you to think.....just throw out the first thing off the top of your head!!.....I would probably be willing to have to pay a subscription to hear that show.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, I think with coming off of the offseason, the content was a little revisionist. We'll be able to bring you fresher stuff as the season rolls on.

I just listened to the end and saw timo say that about guest. Another thing to add we see you guys post but to hear it like that makes me like y’all more if that makes sense. I guess it makes you “real”. Keep us updated when a new one is up too. Good luck guys

I just listened to the end and saw timo say that about guest. Another thing to add we see you guys post but to hear it like that makes me like y’all more if that makes sense. I guess it makes you “real”. Keep us updated when a new one is up too. Good luck guys
There could be some classic podcasts. Put Ipsy and Dachamp together, you and the Dude, Hart and Dukiejay, me and jwill. Not sure many of the shows would make it to the end.
People listening would be like "These guys pull for the same team?!"

There could be some classic podcasts. Put Ipsy and Dachamp together, you and the Dude, Hart and Dukiejay, me and jwill. Not sure many of the shows would make it to the end.
People listening would be like "These guys pull for the same team?!"

That would be some high quality entertainment!!!

I’m not your typical Duke fan...I used to cry when they lose...now I curse, throw sh!t, have a melt down, and won’t talk to anyone for couple days lmao besides my usual vent and rant. Everybody likes to rub every loss in my face and I have to get drunk, wooooosaa, shoot some sh!t, and try not to go on a killing spree.

I’m not your typical Duke fan...I used to cry when they lose...now I curse, throw sh!t, have a melt down, and won’t talk to anyone for couple days lmao besides my usual vent and rant. Everybody likes to rub every loss in my face and I have to get drunk, wooooosaa, shoot some sh!t, and try not to go on a killing spree.
Then this is the podcast for you

If that's the case, it will cost to listen to. I have this mental image of him bouncing around like Woody Woodpecker from back in the day.

Uh huh huh huh huh huh!!!!!
Haha wowwww

I'm actually really excited to hear the post-UK beatdown episode.

That's the look on my face yesterday when I woke up coming off the anesthesia from my surgery yesterday. It's like where am I at. OFC

Is there a new episode about the champions classic?

There absolutely will be. We’re working on scheduling a recording. @timo0402 went down with a leg injury trying to do a Zion tomahawk and I had a small family emergency. But we will be recording and posting soon. It’ll include some UK thoughts, a couple of other fun segments and some upcoming previews from Maui. We won’t preview Army. It’s kind of in limbo being on Sunday and we’ll record before that and post after.

What we need from you guys are questions. Send us some questions to 5pointplaypodcast@gmail.com. You can also throw some questions on this thread. We’ll try to address all or most of them in our mailbag segment.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT