ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

Ole Miss was in contact with the kid after his duke visit. Ok so what. Some ole Miss fans were hoping he would back out. And why do Kentucky fans care? He was never going there.

Reactions: Quavarius
Now for 1 last commit for the 2020 class and it's no mystery Mr. Kuminga. Evan daniels in his mailbag a couple weeks said in the end he expects kuminga to reclass. Though hes young (turns 18 in oct) hes the best in hs basketball. Also Daniel's said he expects duke to add 1 more player and no way K let's the best player in hs commit to uk. And the 2021 final four is in lucas oil stadium (dukes last 2 ships won in that building ) and we need a 1 and done talent like kuminga to go with brakefield, Coleman and Williams in the front court being there highly ranked 4 star players

Kuminga, you are up next! I really want this kid.

I’m assuming in order for us to add him, Vernon and Matthew would be going pro? I’d love to have one of them for a second year (it would be Matthew) but Kuminga as a freshman would probably be better than either, yes he is that good

I’ve seen some people say we’re basically out of the running for Dickinson and they expect him to go to Michigan because his girlfriend just committed there.

Reactions: youknowit1
Matthew hurt should've been a freshman last year. Definitely gone turns 20 in April. Hes a couple months older than zion and rj

I think he's just saying that sometimes age does factor in to a player leaving. Just like Stanley, who I believe is already 20 years old. They can both get drafted on promise alone, so I think the point is, they will both go because of their age and their promise.

I think he's just saying that sometimes age does factor in to a player leaving. Just like Stanley, who I believe is already 20 years old. They can both get drafted on promise alone, so I think the point is, they will both go because of their age and their promise.
And it’s one fewer year, presumably, of earning potential at the next level.

Reactions: timritterus
I hope as Duke fans that we don't get upset if guys leave without any sort of first round guarantee. I think we could see multiple guys do that this year. This is not a Duke problem, all schools are getting ravaged by guys leaving early and not even getting drafted, hence why college basketball is so bad in 2019.

I agree...it really sucked when Duval, Trent Jr, Frank Jackson, Bolden all left and didn't go in the first round. The number of early entrants has increased rapidly each year and I expect 2020 to be no different.

The NCAA needs to figure out a plan to keep guys around a bit longer.

Last edited:
it's possible all 4 freshman leave. Esp. if Moore breaks out. I'm hoping we get one back.
If we make a deep run in the tournament(I hope we do), then I can see a lot of guys leaving after this year. I think Carey, Hurt, Tre, and Cassius are most likely to leave. I can see Moore coming back

Reactions: christophero
This recruiting class doesn’t have the amount of special players we’ve had in recent classes but there are two underrated aspects to this class that i like a lot. First off, aside from Jalen, i think everyone will be here for many years. Might be because the rule will be getting change in a couple of years and K wants to prepare for it. The second thing is the connections they have with each other. This isn’t just “oh yeah they have a group chat together”. Jalen has played with both Williams and Brakefield and is good friends with both. Williams, Coleman, and Roach are all from the Virginia area and have talked about how they are all good friends. And i think Coleman and Williams played together at one point. It’s something small but it’s nice to have a little head start on chemistry when they all get to Duke.

This recruiting class doesn’t have the amount of special players we’ve had in recent classes but there are two underrated aspects to this class that i like a lot. First off, aside from Jalen, i think everyone will be here for many years. Might be because the rule will be getting change in a couple of years and K wants to prepare for it. The second thing is the connections they have with each other. This isn’t just “oh yeah they have a group chat together”. Jalen has played with both Williams and Brakefield and is good friends with both. Williams, Coleman, and Roach are all from the Virginia area and have talked about how they are all good friends. And i think Coleman and Williams played together at one point. It’s something small but it’s nice to have a little head start on chemistry when they all get to Duke.

Coach K has been playing for the one and done change for sure.We are going to see more 3 and 4 stars coming to Duke. We will still get the some of the top 5 stars players that don't choose to go straight out of high school. There will be some of those. I'm looking forward to it. Sure we will not see anymore Zion's, Barrett's, Bagley'sor other of that caliber but I believe we will get the Grayson Allen's , Tre Jones' and even highly regarded recruits like Matthew Hurt who I think would not jump straight into the NBA out of high school. Of course other programs will do the same type of recruiting. It comes down to the top coaches will still get the best avaluable recruits. It will still be college basketball and we will still be the die hard fans we are now. I can't wait. OFC

Reactions: Liftee
I will out right say this about Kuminga. The kid is a consistent jump shot away from being one of the best prospects to come out of HS. Great size length athelticsm and motor. Abive an average ball handling and good over all basketball iq.

If he stays in the 2021 class I am predicting a mega class with him and baldwin and Griffin leading rhe way. If he comes to the 2020 class I pray the staff makes a way to get him in Duke blue.a

Reactions: bullettoothtony
If Kuminga stays in 2021 and we get him, along with Baldwin, when we already have Griffin locked up...........plus a lot of solid returning 4 and low 5 stars.
OH MY GOD, no reason to play the season, go ahead and hand Coach K #6. (Or #7 or 8)

It would be like throwing Zion, RJ, and Cam on this years Duke team with loads of solid experience and role players.

Or, Cam playing like he was capable of. We rarely saw the real Cam last year. If we did, teams would never been able to scheme for Zion and RJ the way they did. Cam playing like he was supposed to be capable of makes last years team nearly unbeatable. We rarely saw that Cam.

For next year it seems the staff really wants a center in Hunter or bediako. Which would give us another solid 10 men for next year
1. Roach/goldwire
2. Aoc/steward
3. Jalen/baker
4. Brakefield/ Coleman
5. Williams/ hunter or bediako
Think Wendell moore has told the staff hes 1 and done and he has made that clear through past interviews and hes in alot mock drafts some 1st round and some 2nd round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT