ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

As for guys like roach and brakefield I think there goal is to be 1 and done with jalen. Especially if the the rule changes and let's hs players go in the draft in 2022. There goal will be to go in the 2021 draft. Brakefield will be 20 1/2 years old by 2021 draft also. So really he should be a freshman in college this year

As for guys like roach and brakefield I think there goal is to be 1 and done with jalen. Especially if the the rule changes and let's hs players go in the draft in 2022. There goal will be to go in the 2021 draft. Brakefield will be 20 1/2 years old by 2021 draft also. So really he should be a freshman in college this year

If that is true who will be PG in 2021?

Moore would be crazy to enter the draft. He is good at everything but shooting the 3 but is not great at anything. Unless me makes a significant jump in his 3 pt %, he will be a 2-3 year player for us.

Reactions: skysdad
I shake my head when people talk about players who aren't even good in college going one and done. If that's where we are, then the system is even more broke than I thought.

Moore would be crazy to enter the draft. He is good at everything but shooting the 3 but is not great at anything. Unless me makes a significant jump in his 3 pt %, he will be a 2-3 year player for us.

Don't understand why he has already made the decision. I hope for his sake he waits until at least the end of the season. He may not even get drafted and have to struggle with the try out route and end up in the g-league. On a side note here he deserves seem to be struggling early and I hope he doesn't become our rant target this year. It seems we always have a player or two that we get on. OFC

DJ steward or max Christie will be the pg for the 2022 season. Before yall say max ain't pg, max identifies himself as a point guard and rivals does to. I think k has already recruited for wendell being gone with 5 star steward and senior aoc at the 2 and 5 star jalen and junior joey at the 3. Pretty sure the staff will get a center for 2020 and then Williams, brakefield and Coleman for the frontcourt.

I still think Roach may decide to stay 2 years....especially if he see Jones having a great second year and moving up the draft board.

Roach is coming off an ACL tear. He would have to prove it this year and next year at Duke to be OAD. There are a tone of questions about him to make a statement that he is OAD. Same for Moore this year.

Pretty sure moore is gone regardless I mean
1. Roach/goldwire
2. Aoc/steward
3. Jalen/baker
Kinda like when Frank Jackson was at duke he really needed another year at pg but we had trevon coming then trevon needed another year but we had tre coming. I mean moore coming back as a 7th man in the backcourt/wing and probably not getting more mins than he is now. High chance he goes pro imo. Hes mentioned being 1 and done to many times

Last edited:
Are we criticizing him for potentially predetermining his future when to make that argument we have to make a predetermination of our own that he won’t be ready by the end of the year? I mean we are 4 games in. Isn’t that a bit hypocritical? Maybe we should get a little deeper into the year before we give an opinion as to who will and who won’t be ready to leave.

Reactions: pavadukefan
Are we criticizing him for potentially predetermining his future when to make that argument we have to make a predetermination of our own that he won’t be ready by the end of the year? I mean we are 4 games in. Isn’t that a bit hypocritical? Maybe we should get a little deeper into the year before we give an opinion as to who will and who won’t be ready to leave.
Deeper in the year with this team?? Hell some are already talking about next years players being ready to leave early or not. Smh

I agree it’s way to early to make any kind of judgement on players. Adding a Center along with Mark Williams is important in my opinion

Reactions: QC Dukie
Are grades the hold up with Kuminga? Heard he wants Duke but may have some work to do to make it happen but also knows that at a place like UK it wouldn't be required. Is this just a rumor?

Tight lipped recruitments cause a lot of rumors.

From what I've heard kuminga wants to primarily play on the wing. Duke and uk are pretty much stacked on wings next year. So I think he will stay 2021. Far as grades idk but he is at his 3rd hs so take that for what it's worth. He is a nike guy and if I had to pick from his 10 schools its probably a duke, uk, Memphis and FSU battle early on. If duke is going to land kuminga and pat Baldwin then brakefield and Jalen has to be 1 and done.

From what I've heard kuminga wants to primarily play on the wing. Duke and uk are pretty much stacked on wings next year. So I think he will stay 2021. Far as grades idk but he is at his 3rd hs so take that for what it's worth. He is a nike guy and if I had to pick from his 10 schools its probably a duke, uk, Memphis and FSU battle early on. If duke is going to land kuminga and pat Baldwin then brakefield and Jalen has to be 1 and done.

Well, I think Jalen is OAD, but not sure about Brakefield. That said, I don't how we wouldn't put Kuminga on the wing, everyone says he a game changing recruit.

Yea if duke lands Pat and kuminga I would assume
2. Griffin
3. Kuminga
4. Pat
Which is fine multiple outlets listing pat at 6"10

From everything I've been following...K has always been prioritizing Kuminga as his top guy. For the 2020 class, Brakefield wanted to commit, and K took him realizing that if Kuminga reclassifies to 2020 that this could mean he goes elsewhere. Basically...K took the sure fire commitment instead of playing the waiting game with Kuminga.

As Duke fans, we should all be hoping Kuminga stays in the class of 2021. One, this greatly increases our chances of landing him. And two, if Duke does land him in that class, we are gonna be unbelievable.

We may never see another Zion in college basketball, but if there is ever a chance to see someone with a similar impact in 1 year of college, it's Kuminga. NOT COLE ANTHONY.

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402
Idk, most people say that he will reclass because he can and it would be a waste for him to be in hs another year. Only thing I can think of for duke would be
1. Roach/steward
2. Kuminga/ aoc
3. Jalen/baker
4. Brakefield/ Coleman
5. Williams/ hunter or bediako
Goldwire takes a redshirt and him and baker come back for 2022 season as the only upperclassmen captains.

Reactions: jamsession3
Idk, most people say that he will reclass because he can and it would be a waste for him to be in hs another year. Only thing I can think of for duke would be
1. Roach/steward
2. Kuminga/ aoc
3. Jalen/baker
4. Brakefield/ Coleman
5. Williams/ hunter or bediako
Goldwire takes a redshirt and him and baker come back for 2022 season as the only upperclassmen captains.

Yes, please. That would be a great team. I didn't realize that Kuminga could have the impact that a Zion had, that would be unbelievable.

Pretty sure moore is gone regardless I mean
1. Roach/goldwire
2. Aoc/steward
3. Jalen/baker
Kinda like when Frank Jackson was at duke he really needed another year at pg but we had trevon coming then trevon needed another year but we had tre coming. I mean moore coming back as a 7th man in the backcourt/wing and probably not getting more mins than he is now. High chance he goes pro imo. Hes mentioned being 1 and done to many times

This is something that happens in College Basketball all the time. It's called Recruiting. If there was ever one thing I dislike, it's over - recruiting. However, I also understand being a coach you must have vision, know your players and prepare for the unexpected.

Hunter will be 20 years old this month. Wherever he goes he wants to play right away and possibly be the focus of the offense. I think he's OAD.

I hope Duke goes after a 4 year player, even if he's a project.

Thing will hunter is yes he should be a soph in college right now but the 3 teams hes considering in ND, UM and duke. Norte dame would offer the greatest opportunity to play right away with him and nate L as the only post players and they won't be a very good team next year losing 4 seniors. Hunter comes from dematha hs a program that wins alot. Michigan has a unproven coach and there pg is a senior this year and he would have to battle John's, livers, todd and colin for mins all upperclassmen players and todd a 5 star freshman. Duke checks all the boxes for him with his aau pg roach and battling freshmen Williams ranked similar to him for mins. The hang up for him I think is his girlfriend committed to Michigan.

I see the kid going to Michigan. They will show him Mitch McGary, Juwan Howard and Chris Webber films...

Maybe but I think duke checks every box expect the girlfriend thing. That's why I think he hasn't committed yet. Think he is struggling with the decision

Why couldn't Duke show him films of Danny Ferry, Christian Laettner, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, Shelden Williams, Mason Plumlee, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter?

I would definitely show Hunter Dickinson Jabari Parker film. Totally relatable. :D

Reactions: timo0402
Why couldn't Duke show him films of Danny Ferry, Christian Laettner, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, Shelden Williams, Mason Plumlee, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter?
Or just tell him to watch Vernon Carey right now?

If any of you have Twitter Ballislife is airing DJ stewards game. Looking pretty good so far with 8pts and 3asts i think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT