ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

Man what's the deal with hunter dickinson. Its been reported that he will make a decision before his senior season which starts Saturday night.

Charles Bediako got a Duke offer today. He’s a possible reclass candidate.

Man what's the deal with hunter dickinson. Its been reported that he will make a decision before his senior season which starts Saturday night.
Very telling with Duke offering Charles Bediako and wanting him to reclassify. Dickinson is going to end up at Michigan where his GF will be attending as well.

Ya know, I wasn't all super excited about landing Mark Williams, but here recently, the kid has been taking it to the rack and playing with confidence.

Anyone think K going after a Bediako reclass means he thinks Hurt is gone after this year no matter what?? I honestly have no idea, but I'd love a second year Hurt.

I guess it may not, since Bediako is strictly a C, which Hurt or not, we need a backup C.

Anyone think K going after a Bediako reclass means he thinks Hurt is gone after this year no matter what?? I honestly have no idea, but I'd love a second year Hurt.

I guess it may not, since Bediako is strictly a C, which Hurt or not, we need a backup C.
Yeah i don’t think that’s what that means. Hopefully he just wants some back ups. Bediako can back up Mark and then Brakefield backs up Hurt. That’d be a nice front court to go along with a nice back court. Neither will be great but both will be solid.

Reactions: jwill133

My guess is Hurt OAD. He definitely needs another year to add strength, however, I think he leaves after this season. Bediako is a center and Duke needs a backup to Mark Williams. Charles Bediako will play 15 minutes a game as a Freshman. Adding Bediako to this class will address depth issues at the 5 spot and give Duke overall plenty of depth. I love this class so far and the potential.

My guess is Hurt OAD. He definitely needs another year to add strength, however, I think he leaves after this season. Bediako is a center and Duke needs a backup to Mark Williams. Charles Bediako will play 15 minutes a game as a Freshman. Adding Bediako to this class will address depth issues at the 5 spot and give Duke overall plenty of depth. I love this class so far and the potential.
My favorite thing about this class is that besides Jalen Johnson i think they all have a good shot at returning. Obviously one or two will probably have better years than expected and leave but this class has a chance to grow together and be really good down the road

Duke expects to lose Carey, Hurt and Stanley from the freshman class and is recruiting accordingly. Moore could go either way.

Reactions: Hurley22
Jalen Johnson I think will play a lot of 4 next year. He isn't a great shooter, but is an elite passer. Have him play point forward and surround him with 3 good shooters and a big and our offense will be dynamite.

He fits the bill perfectly for K's 4 out 1 in offense.

Reactions: bfort2223 and tp394
The word with Hurt hasn't changed much....he came to Duke with the intention of being one-and-done, and that's likely not going to change. But I'd agree with everyone who thinks it's in his best interest to play another year in college.

The word with Hurt hasn't changed much....he came to Duke with the intention of being one-and-done, and that's likely not going to change. But I'd agree with everyone who thinks it's in his best interest to play another year in college.
Watching hurt i dont see a good pro but maybe in 5 years.

What I think we should all prepare for is every single one of the freshman to go through the Draft process and get feedback on where they stand. Hence it's gonna be pretty annoying in May still not knowing who will come back. I think we get 1 key returnee and my money would be on Moore, but man would I love a sophomore Hurt.

If we cut down the nets in April, who cares, let them all leave and be great.

In my opinion, Johnson at the 4 and Moore at the 3 after returning would be a wrecking ball of athleticism.

I agree except I would think a lineup of those 2 w Williams , Roach and Steward would be lacking offensively. Like Brakefield on the floor as another shooter. Maybe Moore will develop as a 3 point shooter to go with his driving ability.

I just don't think Hurt is anywhere near ready to even do well in the G League. Mediocre hands, no lift on his jump shot, tepid rebounder, I'm not sure what he does that's really good. I'll take him back as a sophomore though.

Reactions: pisgah101
Does anyone have a list of the top high school recruits that hof coach roy williams has turned down in the class of 2020 and even 2021? OFC

I think it’s still too early to speak definitively of a guy coming back, but in 2019-20 you can definitively speak of guys who are leaving in certain cases and Hurt, sounds as close to guaranteed to leave as it comes. Not saying he should.

I just don't think Hurt is anywhere near ready to even do well in the G League. Mediocre hands, no lift on his jump shot, tepid rebounder, I'm not sure what he does that's really good. I'll take him back as a sophomore though.

That sounds like the classic joke about airplane food; it's not very good and such small portions.

Reactions: GAAP and Showenuff
So I have been wondering thia for a while. Havent follow him much but wasn't Brakefield a unanimous top 10 to top 15 prospect just a year or 2 ago? Does anyone know why he has fallen off so much since then?

Typically when I see this happens its due to the kids body matured quicker then his classmates and as his classmates grow and catch up the kids flaws are shown more.

Ya know, I wasn't all super excited about landing Mark Williams, but here recently, the kid has been taking it to the rack and playing with confidence.
Here is a nice video of Williams going up against Roach (#1) and company 2 days ago. There is another nice video of Adrian Griffin that I didn't post, but he is going to be a monster in 21. Roach is going to be a nice player. Glad Duke scooped them both up.

Reactions: Hurley22
Here is a nice video of Williams going up against Roach (#1) and company 2 days ago. There is another nice video of Adrian Griffin that I didn't post, but he is going to be a monster in 21. Roach is going to be a nice player. Glad Duke scooped them both up.

Appreciate that. Kids got scary potential. That wasn't Roach that windmilled that first dunk in warm-ups was it?

You think he leaves even if he does not have a positive feedback from the NBA?

You think he leaves even if he does not have a positive feedback from the NBA?

Even if he is projected a second rounder I think he's gone. I agree with dj totally. Moore and Stanley are gone too if they feel like they are going in the second round. OFC

Duke offered Roach's teammate Trevor Keels, 6'5 guard for 2021. He's number zero and the backcourt mate to Roach in the video above. Keels is now the 8th player in the Class of 2021 to receive an offer and third in the last week. He joins Patrick Baldwin, Paolo Banchero, Charles Bediako, Kennedy Chandler, Max Christie, Jonathan Kuminga, and Duke commit AJ Griffin.

Here is a video of a game 3 days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Showenuff
Word is Dickerson is about ready to decide within a month. I think it's between Duke and Michigan and not counting out Duke. He's been pretty quiet until recently talking with Evan Daniels.

Dickinson is set to decide later this week. Evan Daniels put a CB pick in for Michigan this morning. We need to hit the grad transfer market or something for next year because just Mark Williams isn’t going to do it. He gets in foul trouble and that team is screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT