ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS TEXAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Holy. Smokes. What a win.

I said it before and I'll say it again; Marvin Bagley might be the most talented player ever at Duke and the only person who could maybe match him was Grant. What an insanely talented kid.
Talent wise yes, but Laetner will always be the best since he played 4 years.

Holy. Smokes. What a win.

I said it before and I'll say it again; Marvin Bagley might be the most talented player ever at Duke and the only person who could maybe match him was Grant. What an insanely talented kid.

Can you imagine him in high school right now? Lol

Reactions: hart2chesson
Awesome game by Bagley. We show our youth a lot, but it's early and hopefully we get our defense shored up.
Allen played a good second half, but he has to be smarter. At least 2 of his fouls were absolutely stupid. He needs to be out on the court. All 12 points in second half. We played like a champion in second half, and like Bilas said, so much stronger with him out there, and even better when he scores.

When I say we can still win you better damn well ****N believe me.
We'll Show I for one said you were out of your mind if you thought we would pull this out with the way were playing. All of a sudden, BAM! Show makes his promise and makes me think I'll not question him again.;)

Reactions: Showenuff
Bagley is our best player.
We aren’t winning anything without Grayson being Grayson.
But Marvin can score 20 without breaking a sweat.

Reactions: jamsession3
Negative: Our defense has just got to get better. So many different times Texas players were getting to the bucket uncontested. Positive: Our guys fought back and never quit with the majority of the time having our Freshmen out on the court. Our Blue Devils will get better while Kensucky and UNCheat fans will say Duke won because of the refs lol.

Is happy we won, but I come away from this game not real happy. Terrible foul shooting, poor shot selection, weak defense, unguarded three point shooters, poor outside shooting. I will never figure out how we pulled it out after being totally outplayed for so long. BUT .......a win is a win..

Reactions: Mpm277
Can you imagine him in high school right now? Lol
I can't see poor average high school players who are 6'4" trying to guard him. Talk about an opponent with an impossible task. And that goes for Carter also.

Is happy we won, but I come away from this game not real happy. Terrible foul shooting, poor shot selection, weak defense, unguarded three point shooters, poor outside shooting. I will never figure out how we pulled it out after being totally outplayed for so long. BUT .......a win is a win..
You sound like a coach. Enjoy the win and let Coach K worry about all those things.

Free throw shooting is so frustrating. Duke has to do better. Bagley has to improve.

Celebrate tonight. Grab a beer drink it get another drink that one too! Relish in these moments because they are genuine as a college hoops fan. Tomorrow we wake up and hopefully get to work because our defense is barely a work in progress and we need to be in the gym. I will say again the sky is our limit but we aren’t even off the ground yet

Next year I think we go small with the 3 freshman O'Connell and Javin. Gonna be tough to keep OC out of the starting lineup next year.

Reactions: gottagonow
This team will be on another gear from everyone else if Grayson scores like he did in second half. Marvin and Carter are studs, but the energy level is higher the better #3 plays.
We hunt for #6 the more he scores.

Reactions: christophero
Can we get the game ball thread so Marvin can claim another one?

When I say we can still win you better damn well ****N believe me.
When we were down by 12 with like 7-8 minutes left, I told myself that if we can get it down to 6-8 by the 5 minute mark then we’ve got this and we cut it to 6 with about a little under 5 minuets left

The overtime "cover"! (Duke-5.5)... I'll take it. O'Connell starting to grow on me. He never looks overwhelmed by the moment. Well done men!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT