ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN 2K EMPIRE CLASSIC FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'm not one to knock officiating but this game was handled poorly by the men in stripes. Inconsistent and far too noticeable. Destroyed the flow of the game
I've heard enough about the officiating to last the rest of the season. It's just part of the game. On every questionable call, half the fans are going to be upset.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Jav needs to do more. Sadly, I expect nothing good from him at this point. Our offense looks like we are just trying to buy time when Carey is on the bench.

happy to see Joey give us a spark early

Moore was a beast

Moore really stepped his game up the 2nd half. He and Stanley played really well. This team is tough as nails and had to be to win a game this rough!!!!
OFC

Is there anyone else that thought this game would never end and a bit nervous about the outcome until the final buzzer.

This was a big win. We played great in the second half. I can't remember a game where there were so many fouls called. Gonna be hard to figure out the game ball.Clutch free throw shooting in crunch time. That had a big hand in the win. Great D Duke on McClung even though he stayed in foul trouble. He seems to rattle easily. If he played for us he might be the most hated Duke player ever LOL. Right now I like this teams chemistry. It seems each game at least one or two players step up. Jack did some great things tonight even though he scored only 5 points. I'm not too concerned about Hurt. The season is still young and so is he. He will have some big games for us this year. OFC

Last edited:
I won’t apologize for the #1 seed, but I’m also very aware that this team is going to struggle at points this year. Teams that keep us in the half court are going to have a shot against us. But this team is going to be fun to watch too. We are going to see a lot of growth this year. And some good kids to root for.

I guess all the haters can get away from the 1 band radios listening to the game and go to bed. Yeah I'm talking to lurkers from RR and the pride of cheating U.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I hope this game gives Moore confidence. Was by far his best game and duke really needs him to be good going forward.

Things learned or as some of as have already realized to be true :

Carey is a beast

Hurt is soft inside and if he is not hitting open jumpers what is his contribution over someone like Jack who plays every play like its his last.

Jones scoring is still streaky but continues to make up for in just about every other way possible. Great floor General and leader.

Baker needs more playing time

Moore and Stanley need to become the 2 and 3rd option (no particular order) behind Carey

Javin is who Javin is and he simply isnt going to change. Going to come in play with more energy then he can control and rack up the fouls. Will give you that wow play once in a blue moon.

Fantastic hawt take night in the game thread. Well done gentlemen, well done! The overreacting and and over-emotional posts about certain players are always gold. Until Tuesday boys, cheers!

Man, what a night. Do we really realize how blessed we are being a fan of Duke and the Goat? I know I'm spoiled from all the success this team and coaches have had over my lifetime as a Duke fan. And what I think I love more than anything, is the national hate. Makes everything they do even better.
Dominant over the years.
Unfazed
Killer instinct
Extraordinary Coach!

Reactions: LH24ND
Man, what a night. Do we really realize how blessed we are being a fan of Duke and the Goat? I know I'm spoiled from all the success this team and coaches have had over my lifetime as a Duke fan. And what I think I love more than anything, is the national hate. Makes everything they do even better.
Dominant over the years.
Unfazed
Killer instinct
Extraordinary Coach!

Don’t
Underestimate
Krzyzewski’s
Empire

Reactions: retiredsoldier
All I’ve heard for the last 2 plus hours is “where is duke going to go for points”...4 starters were in double figures and 2 of them had 20 or more

I mean, hindsight is always 20/20, but clearly you see how hard it is at times for this team to get shots, let alone score, right?

Here’s the deal....IMO, I don’t think Georgetown is very good, at least the version we saw tonight. Two of their best players spent a large chunk of the game on the bench because of stupid fouls. What was the final tally on turnovers? They had to be 25+.

Duke is tough and they defend. Don’t get me wrong, I love those traits. But like just about everyone else, I wonder at times where our offense is going to come from....however, I’m encouraged. Vernon looks good, Wendell seems like he’s turned a corner and Cassius has been a pleasant surprise. Of course, Tre is Tre.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT