ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN 2K EMPIRE CLASSIC FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This one could be a tough one. After watching the UT/Georgetown game, gleaning what I could from one game, the Hoyas are not that a-similar to us. What we have in skill play that overall maybe they don’t, they make up for in size, athleticism and defense.

As of now, there isn’t a spread posted but my guess is Duke around 8/9. The Hoyas only loss this season was at the hands of an improved Penn State team - who actually beat them at GT.

Tonight’s game is set for a 7pm est tip and will again air on ESPN 2.

We love playing at Cameron North and I think we’ll get the win and bring home the title tonight - but it’ll be a battle.

Duke 74

Georgetown 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than the Texas win, Georgetown hasn’t been super impressive, though you know they’ll bring their best tonight.

I’ll say, good guys 77-64.

I like this Grown team. Ewing has them playing tough defense and if they are hitting open jumpers they can compete with anyone. Going to watch closely how Carey Vs the transfer from NCST Yust. When Yust is on the floor Gtowns offense looks fairly good, Carey needs to attack him early and get him into foul trouble.

Mac is good no doubt but I am confident Jones will make Macs day miserable. Mac is a down hill slasher with a decent jumper. But he can be loose with the ball and against Jones I expect him to turn the ball over at a high rate.

The xfactor for Grown is probably the other guard Akinjo. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and is one of those type of players that can win the game for you by his self and also lose a game for you by his self. He along with Yurst is the reason they pulled away from Texas.

I expect a tough game but will take Duke pulling away late 76 to 64.

Will be interesting to see how Vern plays after that utter domination last night.

Duke 78
Hoya Saxa- 67

Gonna be a tough one. The only Georgetown I have seen was the segment I watched last night, but they looked good. Will be a great test for the defense - I don't know if GU is always that balanced, but they had one guy with 19 last night, and five others with between 9 and 15.

Duke - 74
GU - 68

Cal Texas is at 5 so our game won’t start till past 7:30.

Duke 76
Georgetown 66

Thought it was huge that Tre and Vernon got rest, they sat the last 8 minutes last night.

Let's see that tough D all night long! I would really like to see Hurt and Stanley get back on track tonight. I think if they do it will be Duke pulling away in the last ten mins to win handily.

Duke - 78
Gtown - 64

Duke-90
Gtown-62

McClung goes for 30 and coach K ask him to transfer to duke next year which he does and becomes the next Grayson Allen

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke has started out as a 14.5 favorite

This one could be a tough one. After watching the UT/Georgetown game, gleaning what I could from one game, the Hoyas are not that a-similar to us. What we have in skill play that overall maybe they don’t, they make up for in size, athleticism and defense.

As of now, there isn’t a spread posted but my guess is Duke around 8/9. The Hoyas only loss this season was at the hands of an improved Penn State team - who actually beat them at GT.

Tonight’s game is set for a 7pm est tip and will again air on ESPN 2.

We love playing at Cameron North and I think we’ll get the win and bring home the title tonight - but it’ll be a battle.

Duke 74

Georgetown 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke 67
GTown 65

Don't have a good feeling for some reason. Hoyas look like the type of 8 seed that can take out any 1 seed kind of team. Good D, gritty, and can be streaky on offense. McClung doesn't seem to be a factor against guards who can match his speed...so I imagine Goldwire will get some burn tonight. Big key in my opinion is to not settle for 3's.

I see an early exit for the ex Wolfie again tonight. I had forgotten he transferred to Georgetown.

Gtown is a tough time, they get after it on D. I watched a little of them against Gorgia State and at night. Could be a low scoring game.

Duke by 9

Anyone else much more worried about Yurtseveen than McClung? Our guards are gonna shut Mac down, Yurtseveen really scares me.
He killed us 2 years ago in Raleigh. This sounds like a nice task for Jack to shut down Yurtseveen.

I would personally like to see the Jack Vernon 4/5 combo out there a lot more than staggering Hurt/Vernon and Jack/Javin.

Last night is the recipe. Even if the offense starts slow, Defense defense defense. Wendall getting Moore (yup I did it) comfortable and could really be a beast as year goes on. I feel like he is just one "click" away from getting it in multiple aspects of the game.

80-68 Duke!!! Let's go!!!!

Reactions: JCColsCane
Duke 79
GT 65
Tre has an even bigger game tonight.
Moore is settling in to the college game and keeps gaining confidence.

Reactions: JCColsCane
This will be a good test for Duke. LeBlanc and Pickett are the wings I am concerned about in this one. They have length and athleticism. Yurtseven will be an interesting matchup for Carey. Carey needs to stay out of foul trouble. Akinjo is a good point guard.

We've passed a few early tests but this one is going to be the one that we need. JWILL as usual, caught something I was thinking about, it looked like K was trying to rest and save Tre and Vern for tonight. Great move. Vernon harvested some serious confidence last night. It will help him greatly. And we ALL know Tre will be up for this one. Wow, if Tre keeps hitting that 3 ball this team is gonna be trouble.

Cal Texas is at 5 so our game won’t start till past 7:30.

Duke 76
Georgetown 66

Thought it was huge that Tre and Vernon got rest, they sat the last 8 minutes last night.
Completely agree. Tre went out with about 10:30 to go and i thought man that’s a luxury, let’s get big Vern out of there too. Fact he only played about 24 min with those stats is astounding.

This should be a good one tonight. Our defense will keep us afloat even if we are not hitting our three's. And if we are hitting I believe we win by 10-12 points!!! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

I wonder it that jamook Dan Jockitch is calling the game tonight? He may have surpassed Len Elmore as the biggest vaginal sanitation wash nozzle of them all...Well, Bill Walton :eek:...
Listening to Jockitch call a game is like listening to a howler monkey pass a kidney stone..

Duke by a dozen or so..

I thought Texas would be here and I felt they were a much tougher matchup for Duke. The things Ewing likes to do, Duke shuts down. With no prep time, and a tired G’Town squad, I see Duke taking this one pretty easy. Prediction of the day, we shoot over 40% from three tonight.

Duke - 80
Georgetown - 66

Matt Hurt leading scorer

I’m a little worried about a lot of our players struggles overall with offense but dang did that defense look good yesterday think we take it 74-61

Patrick Ewing is coaching not playing center. This G’town team lost by 15 at home to Penn St.

Let our guys do what they do and we will prevail

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I thought Texas would be here and I felt they were a much tougher matchup for Duke. The things Ewing likes to do, Duke shuts down. With no prep time, and a tired G’Town squad, I see Duke taking this one pretty easy. Prediction of the day, we shoot over 40% from three tonight.

Duke - 80
Georgetown - 66

Matt Hurt leading scorer
Don’t underestimate the fact that Hurt made a few baskets in the second half when the game was already over. For him just seeing a couple drop might be all he needs to drop 20+ tonight.

Reactions: dukehokie
I think it might be close at the end of the of the first half, but I think Duke pulls away in the second half.

Duke: 82
Georgetown: 65

Let’s Go Duke!!

Don’t underestimate the fact that Hurt made a few baskets in the second half when the game was already over. For him just seeing a couple drop might be all he needs to drop 20+ tonight.

Precisely why he’s my pick.

G-Town really gets after it on "D" and we all know that will keep you in any game. Foul trouble could be a factor, but so could depth.
If Carey stays out of foul trouble, I think a Kansas performance (focus) is very possible, and Duke will find a way.

Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT