ADVERTISEMENT

Zion from the FT line! Sheesh

Toe was on the line, it doesn't count. ;)

He took off about 12 inches from behind the FT line and it’s not even close. Also, unlike Jordan, DR J or anyone else doing that dunk, he has his hand well over the rim and it’s almost like a tomahawk dunk versus everyone else who barely gets the ball down the basket.

This makes me wonder if say he did lose like 20 or so pounds what he could do. He’s still huge even then! I don’t see Zion maintaining this weight when he gets into the NBA. Honestly I could actually see it being a problem (later) if he does maintain it. That’s a ton of weight to be doing what he’s doing, and to keep doing it in the NBA with all them games. It be different if say he was like a back to the basket center. Doing what he does at that weight down the line has to take a toll. I don’t see it being a problem (now) he’s young. Then you have to think if he does maintain it, well what can he do? It’s muscle! I actually hope he can shock the world and maintain it , do big things, and stay healthy though later! But man there’s this little voice in my head saying (HOW) It’s the same voice though that says (How) can somebody at 285 dunk a ball from the FT line though! Lol so who knows.

I have a little prediction for Zion. In some game down the road, he's gonna get an open break, he's going to try one of those windmills where the ball looks like its in his back pocket and somebody is gonna catch up and strip it. Weird , but thats always on my mind, he throws a LOT of those down.

Yes, for sure.
20 years ago, dunking from the free throw was strictly told by stories of the legends of Doctor J and MJ.
Now you got guys windmilling and between the legs from the free throw line, plus monsters like Zion able to dunk with ease from the line.

20 years from now, I would think a free throw line dunk will be a regular thing, and the new legendary stories will be about a guy who can dunk and it be worth 3 points.
I think you are joking, despite sounding serious. In 20 years we've advanced from dunking from the FT line to dunking from FT line between the legs. No one is dunking from further back (maybe a few inches). But you think in another 20 years people will be dunking a whopping 5 feet further back, from behind the arc?? For perspective, the long jump world record is 27 years old. Heck the 2nd furthest long jump was in done 1968.

He took off about 12 inches from behind the FT line and it’s not even close. Also, unlike Jordan, DR J or anyone else doing that dunk, he has his hand well over the rim and it’s almost like a tomahawk dunk versus everyone else who barely gets the ball down the basket.
Huh?

You guys need to account for the location. Surely, our fine friends over at THR have probably analyzed this, and come up with the correct answer as to why Zion was able to jump so far. The air in Canada is thinner. The gravity effect for being farther north has to account for something. I'm sure Guru Gary explained this in full detail.

We really should educate ourselves a little better. I'm surprised you guys fell for this video.

You guys need to account for the location. Surely, our fine friends over at THR have probably analyzed this, and come up with the correct answer as to why Zion was able to jump so far. The air in Canada is thinner. The gravity effect for being farther north has to account for something. I'm sure Guru Gary explained this in full detail.

We really should educate ourselves a little better. I'm surprised you guys fell for this video.
I would love for one of them to make this claim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT