ADVERTISEMENT

Zion from the FT line! Sheesh

It's really insane.

The first person I ever saw do that was Dr. J. - first in an ABA dunk contest and then in an NBA dunk contest. It was mind boggling to see it in the 70's and early 80's. Michael Jordan duplicated that in the late 80's.

While a few others have done it, for Zion Williamson to do so at 285 lbs. is unbelievable.

The cutting edge of the evolution of the human body.

I've always said there will be a time when a guy can do a dunk from the 3- point line, considering athlete's are getting bigger and stronger each year.

I think we have our guy, Zion Williamson, the 3 point dunker.

Reactions: Quavarius
Don't think anyone will be willing to take a charge with him going in that strong. He probably will just go over the top of them. OFC

You know if you really think about it that was a jump shot. He did travel though but if you really want to get technical it was a hanstravelflopsalotgetsfouledalotbutneverfouls travel. OFC

Last edited:
I just saw this video on Facebook. Zion is one only a few players that I’ve seen dunk from the free throw line. The only other players that I’ve seen dunk from the free throw line were Jordan and Dr J. Most of the other players that have attempted to dunk from the free throw line were a step inside the free throw line. I don’t see anyone being able to stop Zion when he goes up for a dunk.

It's really insane.

The first person I ever saw do that was Dr. J. - first in an ABA dunk contest and then in an NBA dunk contest. It was mind boggling to see it in the 70's and early 80's. Michael Jordan duplicated that in the late 80's.

I'm with you on this. When I first saw the Doctor do it, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen in sports. Then Michael did it and it still was pretty amazing. Then another guy did it. And another. High schoolers. And now I can basically see local guys doing it at the Y now. It's crazy how far the dunk game has come.

I would like to weigh Zion on my scales because its hard to believe he weighs 285 lbs and can jump that far and move from the stripe to the basket that fast. How can a mass that heavy move that far that quickly.

I would like to weigh Zion on my scales because its hard to believe he weighs 285 lbs and can jump that far and move from the stripe to the basket that fast. How can a mass that heavy move that far that quickly.

Have you ever watched the NFL combine?

He is so fat...and can still do that.

Maybe a heel fan can answer this but can kennedy meeks and shawn may dunk from the free throw line. They were also considered fat like Zion. If so then Zion is not that big of a deal. OFC

Last edited:
James White and Zach Lavine are the best free throw dunkers of all-time, IMO. White and LaVine have both done windmill dunks from 15 feet out - and White has also gone between the legs, while Lavine has done a 360 dunk from the foul line.

you need a video of doing windmills or between legs from free throw line ! i may be wrong and i am alot but i do not remember that at all and they are both beanpolls not 280.

you need a video of doing windmills or between legs from free throw line ! i may be wrong and i am alot but i do not remember that at all and they are both beanpolls not 280.
Lavine went windmill from the FT line in the NBA slam-dunk contest a few years ago.

Reactions: denniden
I remember that one. Great dunk!

Watching Zion do that with relative ease is remarkable. He’s a big dude.

James White and Zack Levine are two players I hate to see mentioned alongside Zion. Dunking is all those other two dudes do well. Levine isn't a horrible shooter, but he isn't great either. I hope Zion is loads better than either of those guys.

He’s actually the only person to dunk a ball (actually) behind the FT line. Go back and watch MJ and Dr J etc. and to do it at 285!!! Put that video in the record books.

Reactions: pisgah101
Na I went and watched it , foots on the line lol! All their feet are in front of Zion’s !

Last edited:
I can see that happening if the reward is a double Big Mac combo meal. He'd probably could do anything for that including making Chuck Norris cry. OFC

giphy.gif

I've always said there will be a time when a guy can do a dunk from the 3- point line, considering athlete's are getting bigger and stronger each year.

I think we have our guy, Zion Williamson, the 3 point dunker.

You really think so?

Hope Zion can shoot consistent FT’s. Dude just needs to bully his way through the lane and draw the foul!

You really think so?
Yes, for sure.
20 years ago, dunking from the free throw was strictly told by stories of the legends of Doctor J and MJ.
Now you got guys windmilling and between the legs from the free throw line, plus monsters like Zion able to dunk with ease from the line.

20 years from now, I would think a free throw line dunk will be a regular thing, and the new legendary stories will be about a guy who can dunk and it be worth 3 points.

James White and Zack Levine are two players I hate to see mentioned alongside Zion. Dunking is all those other two dudes do well. Levine isn't a horrible shooter, but he isn't great either. I hope Zion is loads better than either of those guys.
Levine is doing okay but I get your point and agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT