ADVERTISEMENT

Where are you from

I have always claimed, Pinehurst and Columbia are the 2 hottest places on earth.
agree on columbia. took basic there in June, July, and August, 1966. Spent 2 and half years in Panama. Panama was not as hot as columbia. I'll be glad to see fall and winter here in NC. Hate hot weather.

Halifax born,my dad was career military,so we moved around some,lived in Victoria British Columbia,also Borden,Kingston and Toronto Ontario,moved back to Halifax in 1975,been here ever since

Reactions: skysdad
Franklin County, VA. Close to Roanoke, VA. Our rival was Cave Spring and I saw JJ Redick rip us apart in his high school days lol.

Born and spent the majority of my life in Monmouth, IL. The past 3 years I have resided in Bloomington-Normal, IL (home of the Illinois State University Red Birds, where Chris Duhon is now an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach). Also, where Doug Collins Jersey hangs in the rafters of Red Bird Arena.

Born in Newberry, SC. Have lived in North Carolina in Johnston County for the last 50 years!!!!
OFC

I am pretty old, Sky. I was there from 1972-76. The same time as the 3 Yow sisters.

I had a couple of friends that played football there. Punter Fred Long and tight end Tommy Spoon. Basketball All-American Tommy Cole is also a friend. I don't know if you were aware that Tommy passed away in 1998 and Fred is battling cancer. We are close to the same age . I was born in 1952 and even though I list Burlington as my home town I lived in Elon from ages 6-16. OFC

Remember Tommy Spoon very well. Good tight end. Cowboy Joe West (MLB Umpire) was his QB. I had a couple of friends on the team at that time. Tommy was a year or so ahead of me. I did know that he passed away some years ago. His son was a very good player at UNC. Tommy Cole graduated the year before I got to Elon. Elon was a great time for me and still love the area. Planning on heading up and watching a game there this year.

I'm only about 15-20 miles outside Lexington....fun isn't it!!!

I am sure you and just about everyone on this board knows. No Fan base focuses more on a team they rarely play than Wildcat fans. Here in the heart of BBN I get a front row seat of there hatred for Duke. I walk into TwoKeys (a college bar) restaurants, fayette mall wesring my Duke shirts proudly and get some of the nastiest looks , i absolutely love it.

Born and raised in Toronto. Just had the opportunity to see Duke play in Mississauga for the tour and it was a once in a lifetime experience.:cool:
Welcome fellow Canuck! I lived in Toronto in the early 70's now in Halifax my home town,i still have a lot of family in and around Toronto,would have loved to take in one of the games but could not swing it,i hope to get to a game in Cameron one of these days,high on my bucket list

Reactions: CNDBlueDevil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT