ADVERTISEMENT

What we need is a Winslow

Deviled Egg

Recruit
Nov 10, 2017
We could do some real damage if we just had someone who could step up defensively like Justine. I feel it, I know it! What we are missing, the ONLY thing we are missing (IMHO) is one good defensive stopper! Who is that gonna be? Who can that be?

We could do some real damage if we just had someone who could step up defensively like Justine. I feel it, I know it! What we are missing, the ONLY thing we are missing (IMHO) is one good defensive stopper! Who is that gonna be? Who can that be?

We don't have one. That's a mentality. None of these guys have that type of mentality on defense outside of Carter. Duval and Goldwire are our only PLUS perimeter defenders.

I think he still has eligibility :)

That’s the issue though...high school players aren’t usually as ready defensively as Winslow...upperclassman get better.

I agree jwill but remember how much grief this board gave him. OFC

I still feel to this day that we don't get out of the round of 32 without Winslow becoming the defensive stopper and also the enforcer on that team. He is one of my all time favorites for that reason.

Winslow was a great player for us, but he won't help the three point shooting or FT shooting. We hit our FTs and close to 40% of 3s, and we win 2 more games that we lost.

What we need are players like Allen to hit their 3s consistently, and for all the players to shoot FTs. There is zero excuse for that.

With a grad assistant, a player could shoot 100 FTs in less than 10 minutes. A player should be able to shoot 250 FTs a day in 20 minutes or so and every player on the team who struggles should be doing that after practice. Some should be shooting 300.

Reactions: Liftee
What Youngman says, plus maybe fight around a pick occasionally?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT