ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA going after Bennett

Charlottesville versus LA? This is not a hard choice. I can’t see him wanting to move.
Yea, same Charlottesville that just had all the KKK rallies and black rallies and everybody killing everybody. Running people over with cars and everything. Yea I can’t see him wanting to leave either :rolleyes:

Charlottesville is one of the best small college towns in the USA and in spite of all that LA offers I would stay in VA. There is no certainty that he would be successful at UCLA compared to UVA. There's also many reasons not to live in LA.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTDukeFan
Yea, same Charlottesville that just had all the KKK rallies and black rallies and everybody killing everybody. Running people over with cars and everything. Yea I can’t see him wanting to leave either :rolleyes:

And you think LA doesn’t have stuff :oops:

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I think if you're Bennett, you have to at least hear it out. While I prefer him staying at Virginia, UCLA has a lot to offer.

I expect Bennett will use this to get another raise or extension with UVA like a lot of coaches do. No one in their right mind is going to UCLA from a solid program like UVA.

I expect Bennett will use this to get another raise or extension with UVA like a lot of coaches do. No one in their right mind is going to UCLA from a solid program like UVA.
Than I’d expect no one in their right mind at UVA to give him more money then huh lol.

Uhhh... not sure if you are serious, but the Los Angeles area has a lot going for it. Culture, food, weather, entertainment, access to a huge variety of nature, no damn mosquitos... if it wasn’t for the earthquakes and maybe the traffic I’d totally be up for it.
That may be appealling to well-off people without kids. Tony has two kids and is the kind of guy who would be a pastor if not for basketball. I don’t know much about him really, but LA is likely not his scene. LA is for people who want to be plugged in to the fast life. Who knows, maybe his wife wants to reclaim her youth and get wild.

I think most middle class families would hate the traffic, cost and pollution.

How many times has hof coach roy williams turned down the UCLA job?OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
I agree with Ipsy about style. I think Bennett knew he couldn’t compete with the talent of schools like Duke and UNC, so he plays a style that allows him to neutralize some of that. Ironically, I think this is what costs him in the tournament, neutralizing his own talent against inferior teams. If he were at a place he could recruit elite talent, I’m not sure he would keep the same style.

AZ always has one of the highest rated classes, but it hasn’t translated to much under Miller.
True in terms of FF and NCs but I think he’s had 3 or 4 elite eight appearances and is kinda stuck where Jay Wright was for a long time. Moreso I was responding to someone saying he’ll be able to own the Pac. My response was simply there’s a lot of talent heading there in the next year or two.

I wouldn't leave what he has created at UVA for anything...but UCLA does have a certain aura about it...

There’s no way that he leaves UVA for UCLA. Would be similar to Few leaving Gonzaga for UCLA. Leaving a great program now for the possibility of turning around a once great Blue Blood makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT