ADVERTISEMENT

Tyus Jones: The Class of Duke's Freshman by Adam Gold

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Good piece by Adam Gold. My favorite part?

"The kid is so cool I think Ice Water has Tyus Jones running through it's veins."

Tyus

That is a good read, DJ, thanks for posting. And that 'ice water' line is a corker.

OFC

Jones is the most composed freshman guard I've seen in years. He's talented but so cool under pressure. If UK weren't so physically/talent dominant this year I'd give Duke as good a shot as any simply because of Jones.

Originally posted by youngman42:
Jones is the most composed freshman guard I've seen in years. He's talented but so cool under pressure.
He was like that in high school too, but you never know how much of that carries over from level-to-level. That said, I always knew the kid was special....just not like this. People probably got sick of listening to me blowing smoke up his ass for the last three years. I stated he would be really good....but I never imagined like this, this quick.

I mentioned in another thread that he is my favorite player in this class. He does remind me of Hurley with that composure. He can score in bunches but is pass-first, which I really like.

Great player and it seems like he's a great kid. I hope we get him back for another year.

Kid is fearless and when he's on the court i never feel like we cannot pull out a victory. He's just got that feel to him that he knows he's going to will his team to win. What a player.

I have a hard time thinking of a better point guard in all of the NCAA than Tyus. Maybe the kid from Villanova, maybe Brogdon, maybe Stockton, but I have a hard time seeing it. Tyus has been excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT