ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Draft discussion

Baldwin sez hi. So many moronic predraft posts this year. Just sayin.

If he goes before mid second he may be okay. But late second you are really rolling the dice.

Keels really messed up, hopefully one day these bubble 1st rd picks make the right choice. I just think another year would have done so much for him. Crazy is everyone was saying he should go back too.

Cam is going to be moved via trade once free agency starts and the Knicks are opening up salary . Keels IMO, went to the one team he can actually get time on the court.

AJ went to the worst place he could. Atlanta is a bad destination for SG/SF. They center around trey young who is ball dominant guard. I think they went from Hunter to Cam and neither really got a chance .
Mark is a steal for the Hornets and glad they didn’t mess up the pick. Thor and Richards aren’t real competition for the back up or starting center spot . Mason is a good big to learn from .

Moore went to the wrong team . Unless Beasley leaves and Russel he will be spending time in the gleague simply not to ride the pine and get experience. Edwards will take up the bulk of the minutes at sg.
Paolo and Carter Jr are going to be an interesting front court to watch . Both complement each other well but on the defensive end don’t . Glad to see all five get drafted

Reactions: geddoughton23
Keels really messed up, hopefully one day these bubble 1st rd picks make the right choice. I just think another year would have done so much for him. Crazy is everyone was saying he should go back too.
He was told to come back to slim down and show consistency. It could have hurt him just as much. Scouts wanted to see him as a primary player. ( primary scorer, second on the floor ball handler and stronger showing on defense ) all he can improve on in the league ). He comes back and doesn’t show that his draft status never changes. Look at it like this . Bacot returned to school, is set to make $250.000 already next season for the tar heels . That’s league minimum for a second round draft pick. Knicks are trying to free up cap room for free agency . It works out in Keels favor minimal risk with the potential for large upside for the Knicks .

He was told to come back to slim down and show consistency. It could have hurt him just as much. Scouts wanted to see him as a primary player. ( primary scorer, second on the floor ball handler and stronger showing on defense ) all he can improve on in the league ). He comes back and doesn’t show that his draft status never changes. Look at it like this . Bacot returned to school, is set to make $250.000 already next season for the tar heels . That’s league minimum for a second round draft pick. Knicks are trying to free up cap room for free agency . It works out in Keels favor minimal risk with the potential for large upside for the Knicks .
I think Trevor is questioning his move this morning, JMO.... OFC

I think Trevor is questioning his move this morning, JMO.... OFC
I don’t . I think he looks at the players that went undrafted and on the second round and he realized he has the potential to thrive as they did. Fred van fleet went un drafted and now he’s the starting pg with a big payday for the Raptors. We see it one way they see it another it’s life .
The Knicks have no one coming off the bench unlike AJ’s situation and Moore’s. I think you see Keels on the court before you see Moore and AJ needs to pick up his defense because he’s not starting over the Hawks sf that was injured last year .
I just looked and forgot the Hawks have , Hunter, Johnson and Knox at Sf and Huerter and Bogdonivac at sg. Knox is probably either getting traded or waived .

Last edited:
not surprised to see keels go in the second round. i wish him success but i don’t think his game will translate to the next level all that well.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I don’t . I think he looks at the players that went undrafted and on the second round and he realized he has the potential to thrive as they did. Fred van fleet went un drafted and now he’s the starting pg with a big payday for the Raptors. We see it one way they see it another it’s life .
The Knicks have no one coming off the bench unlike AJ’s situation and Moore’s. I think you see Keels on the court before you see Moore and AJ needs to pick up his defense because he’s not starting over the Hawks sf that was injured last year .
I just looked and forgot the Hawks have , Hunter, Johnson and Knox at Sf and Huerter and Bogdonivac at sg. Knox is probably either getting traded or waived .
Shey I hope you're right. You also mentioned AJ. I think one factor not many folks mentioned that led to his drop, were the final two UNC games.

Both of the final two UNC games were HEAVILY witnessed by NBA scouts. AJ was CLEARLY not the player he was in the first game in Chapel Hill. He was heavily guarded by Leaky Black, and it truly exposed his weakness of scoring off the dribble under pressure. I think there's logical suspicion about his ability to explode off the dribble, and get open as well. Of course his high school injuries play a role I am sure. Wish him well. OFC

Shey I hope you're right. You also mentioned AJ. I think one factor not many folks mentioned that led to his drop, were the final two UNC games.

Both of the final two UNC games were HEAVILY witnessed by NBA scouts. AJ was CLEARLY not the player he was in the first game in Chapel Hill. He was heavily guarded by Leaky Black, and it truly exposed his weakness of scoring off the dribble under pressure. I think there's logical suspicion about his ability to explode off the dribble, and get open as well. Of course his high school injuries play a role I am sure. Wish him well. OFC
To go along with this, Charlotte looked at him heavily with the 13 pic before trading it but it’s Lamelo’s extension year and trying to bring back bridges is going to cost to much.
But your one hundred percent right Hart. His injury history played a big part

Our first round guys are in a good situation. AJ has talent but also question marks. Happy with Mark and Wendell, glad them coming back to school paid off. Good for PB getting drafted first. His late season consistency helped get us back to the final four. I doubt the 42nd pick was Keel's ceiling so fingers crossed that works out. Some of these kids seem to overvalue their draft worth. If Cam can't get minutes in NY why would Keels? Keels may work out, but it's a coin flip there. Baldwin going first round proves that if you are a top 10 high school guy you will likely get drafted no matter how bad your first season is. He measured at almost 6-11, so that is elite size for a shooter. The Warriors can afford to let him develop.

Last edited:
Tonight needs to be a lesson to every Duke player IMO. It won’t be but should be… and the fact our NIL couldn’t get a package together to beat a potential 2nd round pick deal is embarrassing , need to pick it up
It won't be. We do this every year. This year it was NIL that was supposed to make a difference. Kids come to Duke for the fastest path to the NBA. It is what it is. It helps us get kids, but is the reason we can't keep kids. I don't think they look at Hurt and Steward, I think they see Ingram, Tatum and Zion and our successes. I think 4 of our 5 guys made the right decision.

It won't be. We do this every year. This year it was NIL that was supposed to make a difference. Kids come to Duke for the fastest path to the NBA. It is what it is. It helps us get kids, but is the reason we can't keep kids. I don't think they look at Hurt and Steward, I think they see Ingram, Tatum and Zion and our successes. I think 4 of our 5 guys made the right decision.
Nil will help teams like Texas, Louisville, etc. it will do duke 0 favors, that was very present this offset

Keels like DJ Steward didn't seem to want to be in college and are willing to take their chances in making it in the pros without any guarantees. Seth Curry did it, Quinn Cook did it, maybe Keels will. It's up to how hard he's willing to work. I wish him luck but I'm ready to move on.

I am very happy for Wendell though to be a first round pick. I will root for him to do well!

Our first round guys are in a good situation. AJ has talent but also question marks. Happy with Mark and Wendell, glad them coming back to school paid off. Good for PB getting drafted first. His late season consistency helped get us back to the final four. I doubt the 42nd pick was Keel's ceiling so fingers crossed that works out. Some of these kids seem to overvalue their draft worth. If Cam can't get minutes in NY why would Keels? Keels may work out, but it's a coin flip there. Baldwin going first round proves that if you are a top 10 high school guy you will likely get drafted no matter how bad your first season is. He measured at almost 6-11, so that is elite size for a shooter. The Warriors can afford to let him develop.
Cam and RJ play the same position . Cam got minutes when he arrived in NY. The question should be if cam couldn’t get minutes in Atlanta then how will AJ.
Moore is in the worst position just like AJ. Two many combo and shooting guards In Minnesota.
Keels is a shooting guard period . This will allow The other two small guards to go to pg now especially with Kimba being shipped out and allows for needed depth off the bench .

And we all know Texas has it . Not saying nothing bad about Texas. Their alumni base makes for interesting NIL deals
I went to UT with Peyton so am pretty familiar with Arch’s recruitment. Whereas a huge NIL deal wasn’t needed by him or his family, he is still receiving a massive NIL package for going to Texas. It wasn’t the deciding factor for him going to Texas but it definitely didn’t hurt.

I went to UT with Peyton so am pretty familiar with Arch’s recruitment. Whereas a huge NIL deal wasn’t needed by him or his family, he is still receiving a massive NIL package for going to Texas. It wasn’t the deciding factor for him going to Texas but it definitely didn’t hurt.
Oh, I’m not saying it’s wrong or anything. It’s the nature of the business. He made the right choice for him.

Cam is going to be moved via trade once free agency starts and the Knicks are opening up salary . Keels IMO, went to the one team he can actually get time on the court.

AJ went to the worst place he could. Atlanta is a bad destination for SG/SF. They center around trey young who is ball dominant guard. I think they went from Hunter to Cam and neither really got a chance .
Mark is a steal for the Hornets and glad they didn’t mess up the pick. Thor and Richards aren’t real competition for the back up or starting center spot . Mason is a good big to learn from .

Moore went to the wrong team . Unless Beasley leaves and Russel he will be spending time in the gleague simply not to ride the pine and get experience. Edwards will take up the bulk of the minutes at sg.
Paolo and Carter Jr are going to be an interesting front court to watch . Both complement each other well but on the defensive end don’t . Glad to see all five get drafted
Brilliant summary

He won't stay at Texas IMO. Wouldn't surprise me if he never goes in the first place and ends up somewhere else.

It's hard believe All the talent we had last season and carolina beat us. As for kansas we had superior talent . That proves it's almost impossible win with o a d.

I would echo your sentiment if we failed to make the final four. One game elimination or not, failing to make the final four with 4 first round picks (and nearly a 5th) would have been a disappointment. But we did, although losing to them stinks. We had a decent mix of youth and experience last year. We just never seemed to have everyone clicking at the right time. We needed to win that game decisively. I did not think a tight game would go in our favor. Still; I was very happy with the FF. My alma mater St. John's has been to one FF, in the early 80's.

Last edited:
It's hard believe All the talent we had last season and carolina beat us. As for kansas we had superior talent . That proves it's almost impossible win with o a d.

Moore, Griffin and Roach were 7-32 from the floor. 1-11 from 3.

I mean... what??

They shoot anything close to normal... 13-32 (which still isn't good), 4-11 from three... we win by double digits.

It was a fluke shooting performance. We play them 10 times again, no way in hell those guys shoot that poorly.

Sickens me. I know we were better than them.

Reactions: timo0402
AJ Green signed a 2 way contract with the Bucks. I look forward to seeing him tear up the NBA. :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT