ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Draft discussion

Moore, Griffin and Roach were 7-32 from the floor. 1-11 from 3.

I mean... what??

They shoot anything close to normal... 13-32 (which still isn't good), 4-11 from three... we win by double digits.

It was a fluke shooting performance. We play them 10 times again, no way in hell those guys shoot that poorly.

Sickens me. I know we were better than them.
It was still anyones game until that horrendous call on roach towards the end. That changed the rest of the game. It happens…..

I'm just saying don't allow it to come down to the last minute. And most of the recent UNC games have not one way or the other. I don't need your junior high girl laughing crying emojis.

I'm just saying don't allow it to come down to the last minute. And most of the recent UNC games have not one way or the other. I don't need your junior high girl laughing crying emojis.
Wow, offended by an emoji while picking on a gender? That’s called keeping it light. Apple really screwed up creating those (sarcasm). Cheers, life is short.

as for the game - it’s a FF game, most likely to be tight. It was a bad call that iced the game. Observation, not “blaming the refs”.

Last edited:
I'm not offended. But it's condescending when you post those. You are basically laughing at something someone said. You do it constantly.
Yes, I laughed at your assumption, it was way off. All good. Lighten up (just a suggestion not a demand to be clear).

I am out, some of y’all take Duke basketball a bit too seriously for me.

Reactions: christophero
I agree, the call on Roach was horrible, and late in the game. Here’s where the game was lost though, one team was 10-26 from 3, and 17-24 at the ft line, while the other was 5-22, and 12-20.

Not hard to figure out the teams by those stats. The timing of the missed free throws were like a punch in the gut too.

I agree, the call on Roach was horrible, and late in the game. Here’s where the game was lost though, one team was 10-26 from 3, and 17-24 at the ft line, while the other was 5-22, and 12-20.

Not hard to figure out the teams by those stats. The timing of the missed free throws were like a punch in the
Bacot fouled out with 47 seconds left. Mark Williams went to the line with the chance to tie or take the lead . Much easier for Love to hit the 3 when already leading

It was like a perfect storm of things to happen for us to get upset. Letting someone hang around is another term for it. The longer they stayed in it the more confident they got. I really want payback next year. With our veteran backcourt and good young frontcourt we have a shot. I'm tired of losing to them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
Stan Laurel removed the heels from his shoes to achieve his signature walk. He taught Dick van Dyke how to fall, and even showed him how to fall over the ottoman

• Haha
Reactions: CarolinaBlue5

Not hard to figure out the teams by those stats. The timing of the missed free throws were like a punch in the gut too.
Yea well said. Nature of the game when it's one and out though. If it was best of seven like the pros, there have been a bunch of seasons that Duke would have won the championship IMO. I thought Duke was better than Kentucky in the G-man, Gene Banks and company year but Jack Givens had to have a superman game. People like to say that K should have won more championships with the talent that he has had but those banners are hard to win in the modern era. The UCLA dynasty might as well be back in the stone age.

Kerwinsafro must change his name unless he switches to the Texas Tech board. A really fascinating choice by the real Kerwin Walton to transfer to Texas Tech. They play great defense, and Kerwin Walton is not a good defender

Reactions: JimboSlice00

Very fair take. I do think the fact that they took both MW and Theo out of the game from the get go killed us. It allowed their weakness (depth) to survive. But make no mistake, we lost that game with our poor shooting from deep and the line as you mentioned.

Reactions: christophero
It's hard believe All the talent we had last season and carolina beat us. As for kansas we had superior talent . That proves it's almost impossible win with o a d.
This is not only a horrible take but an extremely lazy one at that.

Reactions: QC Dukie
The calls definitely turned the tide. But my point was don't allow it to be that close so one call or shot decides it. We didn't hit shots when we needed to.

Last edited:
The calls definitely turned the tide. But my point was don't allow it to be that close so one call or shot decides it. We didn't hit shots when we needed to.
What I’ll say about taking MW and Theo out of the game early is that it dictated the way the game was played. So it’s a legit argument.

But like you and others have said, we missed shots and cost ourselves the game.

What I’ll say about taking MW and Theo out of the game early is that it dictated the way the game was played. So it’s a legit argument.

But like you and others have said, we missed shots and cost ourselves the game.
Wasn’t it 5-0 in fouls for UNC, early?

edit: it was 5-0 4:58 into the game. Refs then called two pretty ticky-tack make up calls on Manek 7 min in.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Kerwinsafro must change his name unless he switches to the Texas Tech board. A really fascinating choice by the real Kerwin Walton to transfer to Texas Tech. They play great defense, and Kerwin Walton is not a good defender
He sure can shoot it however. I cannot blame him for leaving.

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT