ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to pass a kidney stone.

Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe.Have any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same. I spent about three hours in the E.R. They gave me some morphine while I was there and postcodes when I left. Now taking etodolac. Got an appointment with the kidney doc tomorrow.Need your thoughts and prayers in hopes that this rock passes quickly and smooth. OFC .
God bless you Sky, I’ve watched my wife go through this many times. It’s horrible. Sending prayers my friend.

Reactions: skysdad
Just got back from seeing my Urologist. Although I do have kidney stones and one is fairly large he doesn't think the stones are causing the pain. He seems to think it is scare tissue caused by maybe previous stones. I knew I had some scar tissue but never thought it would cause so much pain. Anyway I'm having a Cysto w/stint placement procedure this coming Tuesday. They are running a tube up my pecker (Pecker Head K-Ville's gonna love this). and place a stint where the passage way is in my kidney. Doc said it's a minor procedure but I will still be put to sleep. Should be able to resume regular duties the next day and until then I have some good meds (Lodine) to get me through the pain. Also gives me a few more days of pampering from my wife. I really do appreciate all the best wishes you all have given and those who have experienced kidney stones. Makes me feel special. OFC

Just got back from seeing my Urologist. Although I do have kidney stones and one is fairly large he doesn't think the stones are causing the pain. He seems to think it is scare tissue caused by maybe previous stones. I knew I had some scar tissue but never thought it would cause so much pain. Anyway I'm having a Cysto w/stint placement procedure this coming Tuesday. They are running a tube up my pecker (Pecker Head K-Ville's gonna love this). and place a stint where the passage way is in my kidney. Doc said it's a minor procedure but I will still be put to sleep. Should be able to resume regular duties the next day and until then I have some good meds (Lodine) to get me through the pain. Also gives me a few more days of pampering from my wife. I really do appreciate all the best wishes you all have given and those who have experienced kidney stones. Makes me feel special. OFC

I hate every word of this post except "pecker" and "Lodine."

Reactions: skysdad
My Dad had that done, quite some time ago. The only thing with it was, where they went in (pecker) it stretched tissue and cause a little bleeding. The blood would clot and the clots would basically do the same thing as the stone, block water flow, causing the same pain. Good luck.

Kidney stone related pain is tough. I had a dose of it back when I was in my 20's (over 40 years ago), and it was no fun. Amazingly, I haven't had any problems (with stones) in all this time...and of course I'm probably going to have one any minute now that I've said that.

Good luck, Sky, I hope all goes well Tuesday, and you're back to your old self. God bless you.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT