ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to pass a kidney stone.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe.Have any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same. I spent about three hours in the E.R. They gave me some morphine while I was there and postcodes when I left. Now taking etodolac. Got an appointment with the kidney doc tomorrow.Need your thoughts and prayers in hopes that this rock passes quickly and smooth. OFC .

Last edited:
Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe. HAve any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same.AnyAy I spent about three hours in the E.

I have never had one, but I have heard women say that having a baby is the only thing more painful....hate that you're going through it....down about 8 miler lites, and I bet you push her right on out!!

Reactions: skysdad
Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe. HAve any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same.AnyAy I spent about three hours in the E.
My dad has had two of them Sky and from the way he describes them, bless your heart! I feel for you buddy! Thoughts and prayers are with you. My dad has told me, that he would rather break his arm or leg, then have a kidney stone again. He wasn’t even joking either. My grandpa also had one and he said he would rather go through back surgery again then try to pass a kidney stone again.

Last edited:
My dad has had two of them Sky and from the way he describes them, bless your heart! I feel for you buddy! My dad has told me, that he would rather break his arm or leg, then have a kidney stone again. He wasn’t even joking either. My grandpa also had one and he said he would rather go through back surgery again then try to pass a kidney stone again.

Well I would say you just made his day!!! LOL!!

My question is is it an instant relief once it shoots out? Or how that works. Is the pain like a cramp like pain? Where is the pain exactly ? Got me scared becuase I know it’s probally only a matter of time before I have one. Wish you the best Sky.

Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe.Have any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same. I spent about three hours in the E.R. They gave me some morphine while I was there and postcodes when I left. Now taking etodolac. Got an appointment with the kidney doc tomorrow.Need your thoughts and prayers in hopes that this rock passes quickly and smooth.
Thought about giving you a like Sky, but that would mean I enjoyed what you posted.
Seriously, good luck. I have never had one, and from the few guys I know that have had them, hope I never do. I hope you get some relief soon.

I hope you pass it soon. I’ve never had a kidney stone fortunately but my brother in law has had them before and I remember how much pain he was in. If I’m remembering correctly my brother in law has had multiple kidney stones at once.

I passed one years ago and it was horrible. Anyone see the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer passes a stone in Yankee Stadium? That’s how I felt and how sky feels I bet. For guys it’s the closest thing to birth we can feel in my mind. 2 things I know with relation to this are 1) Drink lots of water 2) Once you have one you are more likely to have one again.

It's tough let me tell you. The first one the pain was so intense I threw up. This time they have me something to stop that. It seems the pain is even more intense with this one. It feels like someone is jabbing a knife out my kidney. I generally have a very nightlife for pain but this one is whipping my butt. They did give me some good meds for it though. I don't t want to take it unless the pain is so intense I have too. I've heard cancer patients pain is even more intense in some types of cancer. Got to feel for those folks but when the pAin from this boulder hits there is no position that I can get in to get relief. It really was bad last night. No sleep. Worst night of my life that I can remember. I appreciate all of your support. There's really nothing any of you can do but it sure does help when you have friends offering suport.OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Sky, I feel you pain brother. I’m in the process of dealing with one right now. I’ve had it for almost a month now. Had surgery about 2 weeks to get it took out but my urethra tubes was closed up. So. They gave me a stent. Worst pain you can imagine. Pissing straight blood!!! I go back the 30th to have the stent and hopefully the stone took out

The stone was a 6mm

I've had 2 and let me tell you I know exactly what you are going through with the pain...I feel for you...and hope you pass it as quickly as possible

Man that sucks, hope you get that sucker out. With the amount of coffee, soda, and Red Bull I drink, I’m shocked I haven’t had one yet.

I was waiting for the original post to turn into something about UNC or Roy somehow. Sorry to hear, Sky!

We could arrange something like that!! I would pitch in on his ticket if he could pass it at center court of Duke at unc!! Suck for him to half to deal with it for that long though!!

Come on Sky. You gotta toughen up. I passed 2 at one time. I am very lucky, it runs in my family, that we produce large amounts of uric acid so it leads to stones. My dad was a stone producing machine but only had one that had to be busted up to pass... it was larger than a pencil eraser.

Good luck Sky and believe me, I feel your pain.

I was waiting for the original post to turn into something about UNC or Roy somehow. Sorry to hear, Sky!
I don't wish a kidney stone on anyone from far heel nation.their players and coaches or any of the far heel radar inmates. OF

Reactions: Mpm277
Sky I feel so sorry for you. I wish there was something I could do to help you because I know what those little devils feel like as I have had 7 or 8 kidney stone attacks. Lithotripsy is the most painless, then retrieval where they use a wire strainer basket and find the stone and finally waiting it out which is the simplest and least expensive. I've passed three by the natural method and one with the strainer basket and I currently have one that doesn't move and have had it for several years. Its probably waiting to catch me off guard. I advise strong pain pills but only a day or two.

I have had 2. One was large and I was in the hospital for 7 days because I developed sepsis after they went in and removed it. By far the most pain I have ever felt and I have had a compound fracture playing college football.
Good luck, I feel for you

Did they put you on Flowmax? If not ask them to. It helps you pass more urine and kind of opens things up. It will help you pass the stone

The pain starts in your lower back, like you tweeked a muscle or nerve. It starts to move around the front towards your grion, intensifing along it's rout. Eventually it feels like your balls are in a vice and there is no position to get in to make to feel better. I vomited many times. The only thing that made it better was narcotics.
Get well dude, I wouldn't wish that on anybody, no even a Blew Devil

I had one about 6 months ago. I got up to pee about 2am and bam my side was killing me. I didn't know what was going on. It hurt like hell for about 30 minutes. I started to go to the ER and then the pain eased up. Then about 10 minutes later it was back 10 times worse. I went to ER and the nurse said it sounded like a kidney stone. They sent me out to the waiting room. I sat there for about an hour and a half and said screw it, I'm going home. I got home took a piss and out it came. Immediate relief. I was lucky, I only had the pain for about 4 hours. Second worse pain of my life. Good luck Sky, hang tough. It too shall pass.

Damn Ponarkel, I hate you’re dealing with such an evil thing. If you had been at Countdown, Zion’s warmup dunks would’ve shaken it loose. Praying for quick relief! It will pass and you will feel well again.

Dude - I passed 3 over 45 day period in 2002. The doctor told me to drink alot of beer. A) all you do is piss so that speeds the process and B) If you are lucky you will be blackout shitty when the moment arrives. I had some exemplary roommates who took the Dr.'s instructions to mean throw an all campus rager full of Kegs at my place ( Beast Ice...Classy)...It did work. I passed the first stone and barely remember any of the nastiness.... the other 2 , not so lucky.

It is a painful experience. I had one for five days and it started with the pain in the back and throwing up. The only thing that relieved the pain was getting in a tub of water. The emergency room was no help and finally had it removed. Hope you get some relief soon.

Hey gang I'm in the process of passing a very large kidney stone. I had one about 15 years ago and forgot how painful one can be. Thought I was a man then but found out different. Thought I was a man now but found out different. Big wussy is what I am. It seems that this time the pain is more severe.Have any of you had kidney stones and had them years a part experienced the same. I spent about three hours in the E.R. They gave me some morphine while I was there and postcodes when I left. Now taking etodolac. Got an appointment with the kidney doc tomorrow.Need your thoughts and prayers in hopes that this rock passes quickly and smooth. OFC .
So sorry to hear this! I had one last year and thought I was going to die! I was out of work for three days. If I remember right the doc said to drink lemonade it would help break it up. But that may be my old man memory being wrong. Prayers for you that this is over soon!

The pain starts in your lower back, like you tweeked a muscle or nerve. It starts to move around the front towards your grion, intensifing along it's rout. Eventually it feels like your balls are in a vice and there is no position to get in to make to feel better. I vomited many times. The only thing that made it better was narcotics.
Get well dude, I wouldn't wish that on anybody, no even a Blew Devil
You misspelled Blue

Reactions: GillJET and skysdad
If you have access to a jacuzzi use it...I've had a kidney stone and blasting hot water on your side relieves some pain...

Sky stay strong my friend. Others have told me it's unbearable pain, but you're a tough Blue Devil!! Praying for you good buddy!!!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT