ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Here's what eats a me. For guys like bacot, davis and love it's a no brainer to return whether it's to cheater u or somewhere else because it doesn't look well for the draft for any of them and with what the NIL is paying they wouldbe crazy as not to come back and probably cheater u will provide the best deal for all three unless there is something going on in cheater heel. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Here's what eats a me. For guys like bacot, davis and love it's a no brainer to return whether it's to cheater u or somewhere else because it doesn't look well for the draft for any of them and with what the NIL is paying they wouldbe crazy as not to come back and probably cheater u will provide the best deal for all three unless there is something going on in cheater heel. OFC

That is how I feel about Proctor & Mitchell (neither expected to sniff the 1st round). Why not return on a big NIL? I sure hope we can get some of those good deals. Everyone talks about the success of Duke Alumni ... well ... now is the time to pony up on some of that success and help keep some recruits in house.

Khalif Battle 6-5 SG Temple
Averaged 21ppg on 48%3 point shooting before hurting his foot 8 games into the season.
Washington, Miami and UCLA have reached out.
Would be a redshirt junior next year.
If we lose Roach and Proctor we should go hard after this guy.
14 and 6 against Houston as a sophomore.
Ike Graham looks like a load. 6-9 255. Had 17 and 8 against Indiana. Has only played 2 years.
We want grown men, these 2 fit the bill.

Last edited:
I heard today that "as of now" Mitchell and Proctor are poised to come back. If so, I hope we bring in no portal guys. Hopefully, Blakes and Schutt improve and can break into the rotation. If those guys could develop into Marty Clark type players next years new guys will not be counted on as much and can ease into their roles, instead of being thrown into the fire. Obviously would be nice to see Reeves improve, I think he could be a good rim protector.

If Mitchell and Proctor come back we will be good. I'd like another transfer who can shoot but we may not get one. We would still be a liitle young but talented. If Roach stays too we are set, but Roach and Proctor back seems like a pipe dream.

If Mitchell and Proctor come back we will be good. I'd like another transfer who can shoot but we may not get one. We would still be a liitle young but talented. If Roach stays too we are set, but Roach and Proctor back seems like a pipe dream.
I’d love a stretch 4 though too, guess I can dream right?

Reactions: christophero
Good lord how many guards do you want on one team ? If Proctor comes back that will be five ( two freshman , two sophomores and a junior ) . I think if we did it’s safe to say you want one to walk because all five aren’t seeing the floor neither are six unless you move Schutt to sf. With the three hybrids Duke will have there isn’t a reason to go after a small forward if Mitchell returns . That’s Mgbako, Mitchell and Powers. That leaves Reeves, Young and Stewart to man the five . I can see Duke going after another rebounding big man but that’s it . There are only so many balls to go around and minutes .

Proctor
Foster
Mitchell
Mgbako
Flip
McCain
Schutt
Stewart
Powers
Young
Reeves
Blakes
Transfer Portal Big
Walk-ons: Bordon and Hubbard.

That's a tough group right there. Although, I wouldn't be shocked to see Blakes transfer if we keep Proctor. He's not cracking the rotation outside of spot minutes with that team.

If Flip Mitchell Proctor all came back we would not need any transfers. Shey we were one of the worst shooting teams in the country so yes another shooter. I am going to stick a screwdriver in my ear if I have to hear another summer of how great our freshman will shoot.

If Flip Mitchell Proctor all came back we would not need any transfers. Shey we were one of the worst shooting teams in the country so yes another shooter. I am going to stick a screwdriver in my ear if I have to hear another summer of how great our freshman will shoot.
If we plan on going with Flip at the 5, then okay. Duke is going after a 5 in the transfer portal, btw.

Chris, if you put a screwdriver in your ear, I hope those around you can sign Duke's incoming freshman can shoot just, so you don't feel left out.

How well did Grandison shoot for us? It works both ways . Freshman or fifth year seniors .

Am I missing something about Stewart? Seems more Amile Jefferson than Boozer. Him at the 5 as a freshman seems like a stretch.
Huh. Kid plays the five in and out now . If he plays the four go ahead and don’t expect Mitchell back .

Ready to play.

And let’s be clear, Stewart is not a collegiate 5
No but that is where he will see the bulk of his minutes at if Mitchell returns especially. He’s not going to play the four with Mitchell and Mgbako on the roster .
Powers will come of the bench as a stretch four and if Flip was to return he’s the starting five to many 6’8” players on the roster next year for him to play pf . Also all of them can not play at sf and Mgbako isn’t coming to ride a bench and Mitchell wouldn’t return to do the same .

Proctor
Foster
Mitchell
Mgbako
Flip
McCain
Schutt
Stewart
Powers
Young
Reeves
Blakes
Transfer Portal Big
Walk-ons: Bordon and Hubbard.

That's a tough group right there. Although, I wouldn't be shocked to see Blakes transfer if we keep Proctor. He's not cracking the rotation outside of spot minutes with that team.
Blakes is insurance.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
No but that is where he will see the bulk of his minutes at if Mitchell returns especially. He’s not going to play the four with Mitchell and Mgbako on the roster .
Powers will come of the bench as a stretch four and if Flip was to return he’s the starting five to many 6’8” players on the roster next year for him to play pf . Also all of them can not play at sf and Mgbako isn’t coming to ride a bench and Mitchell wouldn’t return to do the same .
Again, we need an experienced stretch 4 as Flip is likely gone.

Stewart won’t be primarily playing the 5, that’s not what he’s being brought in to do lol.

FDU guarded Edley with a 6 ft 4 175 lb forward. Oscar at 6 ft 9 plays well as the center. I think Reeves is ready to get more PT. Duke needed a Theo yesterday to body up the UT big. Best scenario would be for Flip to return.
That worked that one game, as FDU successfully gambled by doubling up Edey and daring the others to shoot. That’s not a season-long strategy though.

Again, we need an experienced stretch 4 as Flip is likely gone.

Stewart won’t be primarily playing the 5, that’s not what he’s being brought in to do lol.
Then what do you do with Mgbako and Mitchell if he returns ? You play both them as hybrid 3/4’s . So is Stewart coming off the bench ? I get it’s positionless basketball but you can’t start all your bigs and that’s even if you bring Young and Reeves off the bench . Are you sliding one of them to sg?

Mitchell will start if he returns. No doubt about it. If Flip and Mitchell return and someone decommits that is a great trade.

Mitchell will start if he returns. No doubt about it. If Flip and Mitchell return and someone decommits that is a great trade.
And maybe that's the first step in getting away from this OAD/mass exodus that we have become accustom to seeing the past 5 years. If so, I fully support it!

Then what do you do with Mgbako and Mitchell if he returns ? You play both them as hybrid 3/4’s . So is Stewart coming off the bench ? I get it’s positionless basketball but you can’t start all your bigs and that’s even if you bring Young and Reeves off the bench . Are you sliding one of them to sg?
Some guys have to earn playing time. Are you convinced everyone has to start?

Nice meltdown at IC for anyone interested. They are also worried about another big decommitment possibly in the works.
shaq-mmm.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT