ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

If Flip goes how about Stewart at center for 10 minutes and at PF for 8-10 minutes.
Young 20 minutes and Reeves 10 minutes. If Mitchell and either Roach or Proctor return I think Duke‘s best lineup would be McKenzie, Stewart, Mitchell, McCain or Foster and Captain Roach or Proctor.

Stewart is listed at 6'8 and 230. That's small to play center. We'd get dominated on the boards. We need to find a 7 footer

Reactions: jamsession3
FDU guarded Edley with a 6 ft 4 175 lb forward. Oscar at 6 ft 9 plays well as the center. I think Reeves is ready to get more PT. Duke needed a Theo yesterday to body up the UT big. Best scenario would be for Flip to return.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Duke won’t target anyone until they see who’s leaving and who’s returning. If one of Proctor or Roach return don’t look for Duke to go after a guard with Foster and McCain coming in along with Blakes and Schutt still here .
I could see us going after a legit sf or another big body hybrid 4/5.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I agree Flip coming back is best case scenario and Stewart playing center would be close to worse case scenario. As far as FDU, it may work for a game or two but it won't work in the long run. Purdue's also didn't help edey out by not being able to make an outside shot.

Find a really good PG from the portal with good experience and can score...seems like every other team gets one...why not us! ask miami to loan us one of the half dozen they have!

Reactions: wcu1113
Find a really good PG from the portal with good experience and can score...seems like every other team gets one...why not us! ask miami to loan us one of the half dozen they have!
Then your forcing Foster, Proctor would definitely leave , Blakes , who you’d also force to leave . Kinda defeats the purpose of wanting Proctor back .

Then your forcing Foster, Proctor would definitely leave , Blakes , who you’d also force to leave . Kinda defeats the purpose of wanting Proctor back .
True...tired of inexperienced PG play though...guess the decision is made if Proctor decides to stay.

Yup. Our guys coming in aren't gonna want to give up their minutes.

Other than those 2 games Blakes did not give us much. He's a nice story but we need playmakers and shot makers. We need one of Roach/Proctor back, or we may regress next year. We probably get one of Mitchell/Flip back.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Schutt needs to crack the rotation next year. We could certainly use the shooting.

Would like to see better player assessment and development. Right now it feels to me like our bench pretty consistently underwhelms over the course of the season(s) and we are forced to keep the rotation tight. Not sure if anyone else feels that way.

I was thinking that we could have used Reeves yesterday, but you can't just throw the kid in after not playing all year.

Reeves should have never lifted his red shirt . He’s another Baker unless he comes on strong next year.
Bench doesn’t regress IMO. Scheyer used it all year until the injuries began to pile up on it as well . Blakes wasn’t getting minutes for scoring it was his defense any points you got from him was a plus . Schutt needs weight and strength . Next year Duke will be fine . Scheyer’s biggest recruits will be retaining players and it starts with Proctor and Mitchell especially since Young announced he was returning already .

Reeves should have never lifted his red shirt . He’s another Baker unless he comes on strong next year.
Bench doesn’t regress IMO. Scheyer used it all year until the injuries began to pile up on it as well . Blakes wasn’t getting minutes for scoring it was his defense any points you got from him was a plus . Schutt needs weight and strength . Next year Duke will be fine . Scheyer’s biggest recruits will be retaining players and it starts with Proctor and Mitchell especially since Young announced he was returning already .
I won’t be shocked if reeves transfers - especially if Duke lands a transfer big.

Reactions: ioliva
Unfortunately, Schutt needs more than just weight and strength. When I saw him out there, he did not seem to have the speed and skill needed in order to defend competently or to get himself open. Will have to wait and see, but he looks like a Baker clone. OFC

Reactions: christophero
Schutt could still be good, but right now he looks like a less athletic Grayson Allen. We will kmow by next year.

Unfortunately, Schutt needs more than just weight and strength. When I saw him out there, he did not seem to have the speed and skill needed in order to defend competently or to get himself open. Will have to wait and see, but he looks like a Baker clone. OFC
I don’t know . He is iffy like Baker but he look ok for a freshman with hardly any minutes . We will have to wait and see what transpires.
IMO I look for Schutt, Blakes snd Reeves back for one more year .

Reactions: jamsession3
Reeves and Schutt should have redshirted this year. That should've been a non - negotiable. I understand the injuries, they were unpredictable.

If Mitchell, Proctor, and Blakes return, somebody needs to sit out next season.

I got a redshirt year in college due to a stress fracture. Can you force a kid to redshirt? I guess you could, but they could always transfer.
If they know their role and it has been written out plain and simple, it should not be a concern. It's for the program!

Reactions: christophero
I mean you are on an expensive scholarship. A degree from Duke and the network sets you up for life. And now there is NIL and those luxury dorms. I have seen the videos these kids are treated like rock stars. It goes both ways, but you shouldnt be solely looking out for yourself. Maybe I am just old school. I have gotten cynical about this so getting 2 to 3 guys back would be nice.

Last edited:
I can’t find the link but I read on Twitter that many people believe Jon will not allow a Trevor Keels like situation to happen again.

Expect our announcements to come sooner rather than later. And this will give Jon and prospects an idea of what spots Duke has open and available. This should help with the transfer portal since recruiting for next year is basically done.

The only nice thing about losing early is recruiting the transfer portal early.

I can’t find the link but I read on Twitter that many people believe Jon will not allow a Trevor Keels like situation to happen again.

Expect our announcements to come sooner rather than later. And this will give Jon and prospects an idea of what spots Duke has open and available. This should help with the transfer portal since recruiting for next year is basically done.

The only nice thing about losing early is recruiting the transfer portal early.
This is for sure, trust me. It will not happen again.

I certainly hope not. We missed out on some the big name SG transfers.
Like who ? They all wanted big NIL deals and Duke wasn’t going to do that over their number one recruiting class freshman .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT