ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament is canceled

So will there be no conference champ this year? No NCAA champ? All of this was for naught? Gotta be real tough on the players, especially those who came back. What a waste.

Depressing. The absolute BEST time of year. Second, third, and fourth weeks of March.

Did I hear correctly on the radio that FSU was protesting not even going out on the court today! WTH FSU! Clemson was out there warming up

FSU scared they wouldn’t win the title, so they took the easy way out IMO

Did I hear correctly on the radio that FSU was protesting not even going out on the court today! WTH FSU! Clemson was out there warming up

FSU scared they wouldn’t win the title, so they took the easy way out IMO

Definitely not - FSU was on the floor warming up, and were pulled off the floor by officials. They were ready to go.

Reactions: PixelDevil
Safety is the number one priority. I get that. But you are not convincing me that this isn't the most outrageous overreaction. Every year, millions of Americans are sick with the flu. Tens of thousands every year die from the flu. Not one time have they canceled every thing to prevent the spread of the flu.

Obviously there are things about this virus that are different from the flu. But the chances of getting it, being hospitalized with it and dying from it are essentially the same. Just so ridiculous how much we let fear dictate our lives. This may come off as selfish because after all, it is just a game. But what we are doing here, how we're reacting is causing major problems for millions of people economic wise. We're freaking out over a virus that is not as bad as H1N1 was, so damned bad that it is likely to send our economy into a recession causing people to go broke.

Well, at the very least nothing should be surprisinf anymore. School's are next. Wish my job would be cancelled for 2 weeks.

I was about to post the same thing. We have 7000 people where I work. They need to be responsible and shut that place down for a couple weeks. Or maybe wait until May when the weather is nicer!!

DID WE NEED ANOTHER THREAD TO SPREAD PARANOIA?????

Right decision, by the way.
Be nice to combine every thread in reference to the tournament and effect of this on sports to one big gigantic thread called: Corona- the effect on sports lol.

Reactions: Quavarius
I know, i saw. Unfortunately, I know nothing about any of those 3 topics and would only embarrass myself in the presence of your guys’ masterful knowledge.
So I take it you got David Copperfield skill and just magically appear where ever you like lol. Man teach me please lol.

I agree with the thread consolidation.

Possible thread titles:
Coronavirus (non-basketball related)
NCAAT status
ACCT Cancelled
When will FTB replace K and how many championships will he win?
Cars, Guns, and Kansas BBQ >> all other BBQ
UNCheaters suck

I understand completely why this had to happen. More than the NCAA tourney will also be canceled. What totally pisses me off is cheater nation now has the satisfaction of no one from the ACC will get to compete in the national tournament especially us. They got eliminated legitimaly but got to play in their two nationally televised games and just like it was scripted they got to play in the last game. It sounds like sour grapes from me and I know it was the right thing to do but why did johnny "tar heel" swofford not cancel it from the beginning. If the heels had of won last night would a game be going on right now. May Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ not only bless this nation's citizens but all the world that this virus is contained and eliminated soon.OFC

I agree with the thread consolidation.

Possible thread titles:
Coronavirus (non-basketball related)
NCAAT status
ACCT Cancelled
When will FTB replace K and how many championships will he win?
Cars, Guns, and Kansas BBQ >> all other BBQ
UNCheaters suck
Lmao

Reactions: FearTheBeard
No matter how bad things may feel, how disappointed we may be, for me, I can always come here and read some of you guys comments and it makes me forget what I was discouraged about. Some finny people here for real.

I understand completely why this had to happen. More than the NCAA tourney will also be canceled. What totally pisses me off is cheater nation now has the satisfaction of no one from the ACC will get to compete in the national tournament especially us. They got eliminated legitimaly but got to play in their two nationally televised games and just like it was scripted they got to play in the last game. It sounds like sour grapes from me and I know it was the right thing to do but why did johnny "tar heel" swofford not cancel it from the beginning. If the heels had of won last night would a game be going on right now. May Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ not only bless this nation's citizens but all the world that this virus is contained and eliminated soon.OFC
Yes but he cancelled after unc got it handed to them so they can't say they had a chance!

Reactions: Quavarius
One day we all need to meet up and watch a game. It would be a blast given all our common interests and all the funny people we have on here. I think @Showenuff should fly us all (private jet) to KC to enjoy the best BBQ and watch a Duke game.
I'm game with a few days notice. I think we are doing ourselves a grave injustice if we don't lol.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT