ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament is canceled

I took off the next two Thursday and Friday's to watch basketball. My heart aches right now. I hate it for all the fans who love March and the players who worked so hard for this moment. I’m so depressed

Reactions: Fourteen44
I'd rather it happen this season than last season. I would have assumed we would have won last year had it been canceled.

Had the exact same thoughts. I would have hated for Zion and company to have not at least gotten a shot. And I still believe had we beat michingan state, we would have gone in to win it.......damn it

My coworker has a friend in the ACC office and we called him. Said that they where ready to go on the game and Duke came in and flexed its muscles and ended it all. Said the President/AD/ and Coach K all said they where not playing.

His words on the call was that this was all Duke flexing...

You're an insufferable human. Why do you always use any adversity to attack K? What is your problem dude? This is not all Duke and K's doing. How insane do you have to be to believe this kind of bullshit?

Not only basketball, but all these championships too:

Baseball
Beach volleyball
Bowling
Fencing
Golf (men's and women's)
Gymnastics (men's and women's)
Ice hockey (men's and women's)
Lacrosse (men's and women's)
Men's volleyball
Outdoor track and field
Rowing
Softball
Swimming and diving (men's and women's)
Tennis (men's and women's)
Women's water polo
Wrestling

I feel bad for all the student athletes that won't get to chase a dream, but this too shall pass. I'm disappointed, so I can only imagine how they feel.

You're an insufferable human. Why do you always use any adversity to attack K? What is your problem dude? This is not all Duke and K's doing. How insane do you have to be to believe this kind of bullshit?
Chill out dude you are an idiot. I’m not saying anything about anyone.

I’m simply telling you I was on a real phone call direct with someone in the ACC offices and this is what he said exactly...

Chill out dude you are an idiot. I’m not saying anything about anyone.

I’m simply telling you I was on a real phone call direct with someone in the ACC offices and this is what he said exactly...

I'm chill as hell my dude. You always do this. Every game day thread is trashing K when things aren't going well. So I don't know why I should expect you to behave in any other way than how you are.

And just to make my point stronger...I am the head coach of my program and have cancelled all our practices through Monday and our National Championships that are in two weeks have also been cancelled in the last three hours.

I don’t think for one second Duke had anything to do with this...I am however telling the gospel truth about a person in the office of the ACC...

I'm chill as hell my dude. You always do this. Every game day thread is trashing K when things aren't going well. So I don't know why I should expect you to behave in any other way than how you are.
Don’t really care what you think...carry on....I don’t control what others say...but I can tell you for a fact what this guy said...If you have a problem with it I suggest you call him up...

Teaching moment. Nothing is guaranteed. "Oh well, we'll get em next game, next Conference Tournament, next season".

It is likely over for the Seniors. No hardware to showcase for 2019-20.

I’m in Cincinnati, my employer (over 5000 people) is shut down the next 5 weeks. My son’s elementary school is shut down the next 6 weeks.

Its crazy here.

Reactions: pisgah101
I’m in Cincinnati, my employer (over 5000 people) is shut down the next 5 weeks. My son’s elementary school is shut down the next 6 weeks.

Its crazy here.

We are heading the same thing may be about to happen here in Ky where I work

We are heading the same thing may be about to happen here in Ky where I work
Apparently KY just canceled the state basketball tournament, that is crazy. For those that don't know, KY is one of the only states that still only has 1 tournament, no different classes. It is a huge deal.

I couldn't imagine being a HS senior and not being able to play at Rupp. 95% of those seniors will never play competitive basketball again. Feel worse for those guys than the college kids.

Jokes are the only thing keeping me from crying in front of my wife right now. She knows I’m depressed so she gave me the go ahead
So I'm not the only one walking around with my head down humming one shining moment.....good to know.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Apparently KY just canceled the state basketball tournament, that is crazy. For those that don't know, KY is one of the only states that still only has 1 tournament, no different classes. It is a huge deal.

I couldn't imagine being a HS senior and not being able to play at Rupp. 95% of those seniors will never play competitive basketball again. Feel worse for those guys than the college kids.

I live in VA. There are six high school divisions and they made it to the championship round of the playoffs which began today. The 2A finals were today and 1A tonight, and the other divisions tomorrow and Saturday. They made it through the boys and girls 2A finals and cancelled the rest. They are declaring co-champions for all other divisions. I'm sure those kids will cherish that to a degree but it will have a permanent asterisk for all of them.

Sad but what can you do. My guess is we were Sweet 16 this year. Sad that we won't have the highs but I am consoling myself with not having to deal with a crushing loss either. We swept UNC and got to see Tre, Vernon and Cassius. Here's hoping everyone stays safe. If Hurt and Moore return we could be great next year.

Does this mean that Henry Coleman is more of a banger than Wendel Carter and Zion? Dang, we're gonna be good next year!!!!!

They actually have two, but point taken.

I'd rather it happen this season than last season. I would have assumed we would have won last year had it been canceled.
Zion would have called Emmert and said, “no, I don’t think we will be canceling it.” Emmert would have said, “I think I’ve changed my mind. We’re not cancelling it!”

Reactions: dukiejay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT