ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Duke/Cuse tonight

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Wondering how silent Mike shows up tonight. He had a monster against us last meeting. Christmas has really played some killer D since our last meeting and Cooney is strokin the 3. I hope our defense looks better, we're gonna need it.

To me, it's one of those games that you feel like they should win but don't feel overly confidant about. Big Jah had a great game up in the cuse, I have a feeling it will be more of a guard's role tonight to get them rolling.

It would be hard to imagine silent Mike having another day like the last game.

Go Duke!

Haha, I was actually going to say I feel pretty confident. We've had a taste of what they offer and should be able to counter their strengths. I also think the atmosphere will be big enough that our boys respond.

I actually was thinking of it like ND. They played us tough on the road, but we'll take care of business at home.

This post was edited on 2/28 9:59 AM by dbav

I felt Cuse played a little over their heads in the last matchup. Doesn't mean it won't happen again but I do think Duke will pull away

If we play good defense but still lose, I'll be okay with that. Christmas was a little off last time but I don't expect we'll be so lucky twice.

Only two home games left.

We really can' t afford to lose tonight. Syracuse is very capable of beating us. All we have to do is remember how VT took it to us and we were very lucky to win that one. Our D will have to show up. We really are due for a strong showing on both ends of the court. OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:
We really can' t afford to lose tonight. Syracuse is very capable of beating us. All we have to do is remember how VT took it to us and we were very lucky to win that one. Our D will have to show up. We really are due for a strong showing on both ends of the court. OFC
Yup. When we lost to NC State / Miami, we lost the luxury of dropping any more games to teams we shouldn't (presuming we're interested in getting a top seed).

I think we basically secure a #1 seed if we run the table through the end of the regular season and don't lose first round in the ACCs, or alternatively lose @ UNC but and get to the ACC final, at a minimum. We can kiss a #1 seed goodbye if we lose anything else. Our hold on the final #1 is far too tenuous to withstand any real upsets (which this would be).

It's going to be a tough one. I expect Christmas to play much better (he is a hoss), but it's hard to believe that Mike could play better than he did last game...if he does we're in big, big trouble! Hopefully, we'll see him come down to Earth a little.

OFC

I like us pretty big tonight. Cuse only has three guys that have played meaningful minutes in Cameron. We really laid an egg at Va Tech. I like us by 15 tonigh.

Can't forget about Cooney. He's capable of hitting 5 or 6 three's in a row from way out. If we just sit and watch him shoot he will hurt us. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT