ADVERTISEMENT

Staying optimistic!

BlueDevils725

Starter
Jan 12, 2015
In the middle of the season, myself and many others on this board lost our minds because of everything that's been happening with the team. It was hard not to be frustrated, but with this last 5-6 game stretch, Duke has turned it around. THR, Rupp Rafters, ESPN, many have said this is just a lucky streak or we're not convincing yet and we're unknown, but after the UNC and UVA games I think anyone who doubts is just in a huge state of denial at this point.

Watching this team come back together and play the way they are now is a huge reminder as to what got me so involved with Duke basketball in the first place. I am absolutely loving watching them grow together and finally progress, it's been an amazing thing to see. Coach K is the GOAT and I guarantee you there isn't a fan base in America that wants to see us in their bracket come March.

Let's cut down the net boys.

Its a beautiful thing to watch! Last nite end of first half I was concerned maybe we had let Cavs off hook a little and they had righted the ship....

K's halftime adjustments were SO SOLID, as we came out crisp and vibrant in the 2nd half! Thank God we didnt let that little primma donna "Bun-o-Matic" beat us....I think he thought he was going to take over the game!!!!Get you bun lopped off!!

OFC

The team hopefully is peaking at the right time. They're proving they can win a defensive struggle, they have multiple scoring options, and K is as motivated as a man half his age. My armchair coaching advice would be to use what "experts" have said in regards to other teams and seeding, and use that as an "us vs the world" mentality. One game at a time!

Middle of the season was brutal because so much of what happened was outside of our control (although some of it was a crapstorm of our own making.) Anyone who has played sports or done anything competitive knows how easy it would've been for this team to crumble. Losing when you were expected to not only win but dominate has left many a team absolutely shellshocked for the rest of the season. I'm impressed by the resilience of this team. I'm one of the very few that will not budge on the belief that you have to lose to win. My hope for the rest of the season is that we grow in ourselves every game.

Middle of the season was brutal because so much of what happened was outside of our control (although some of it was a crapstorm of our own making.) Anyone who has played sports or done anything competitive knows how easy it would've been for this team to crumble. Losing when you were expected to not only win but dominate has left many a team absolutely shellshocked for the rest of the season. I'm impressed by the resilience of this team. I'm one of the very few that will not budge on the belief that you have to lose to win. My hope for the rest of the season is that we grow in ourselves every game.
Well put.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I thought optimism was my department? What the hell? :)

And I hate to say it, but the only thing I disagree with in the OP is that ESPN seems to be on the bandwagon.

I thought optimism was my department? What the hell? :)

And I hate to say it, but the only thing I disagree with in the OP is that ESPN seems to be on the bandwagon.

You??? An "OPTIMIST" Don't go tellin no lies dbav, lol!!!!!OFC

Reactions: dbav
The thing is I don't think that this team is close to peak form which is a good thing. As long as we see continued fight and ball movement this team will give itself a chance to win against anyone

Another reason to be optimistic - I thought Giles looked the best he has all season last night. He had a couple rebounds where it was noticeable that he is starting to get some of that explosiveness back, and he looks more comfortable overall. Unfortunately we probably won't ever see him at 100% in a Duke uniform, but if he can give us minutes like he did last night, especially when Amile was forced to sit with foul trouble, we are in great shape. Duke success aside, I am just incredibly happy for him.

Bolden looked good out there too, and he was very active on defense. I really think his break out game is coming.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT