ADVERTISEMENT

So, its definite that Hubert is the next great Hole coach now??

Dec 1, 2021
Hubert was terrible pretty much all season, and as recently as early March, cheat fans were wanting to run him out of town. He was just in way too far over his head, they were saying. Now they go on this goofy little, out of nowhere run, and they are all talking about "gladly eating their crow" and how they should have known that dadgum Roy knew it all along! Golly gee!!! This insane little run seems due more to the fact that Caleb Love and RJ Davis are playing out of their minds, totally unusual for them, and Manek could throw it up blindfolded and they would still go in. I just don't see how they feel so confident in Hubert that they already think it is crow eating time. Check back in a few years, Holes, you may realize that the crow eating was very premature.

He's taken them to the Final Four in his first year. That puts some pressure on Jon. We just need to win Sat. because if they beat us they are probably cutting down the nets.

Reactions: pisgah101
Not saying they can’t beat us, but they caught some major breaks for an 8 seed. One of Baylor’s best players was out, and UCLA’s Jaquez was not 100%. Then to play Saint Peters in the elite 8?

They need an ass whooping Saturday night.

Not saying they can’t beat us, but they caught some major breaks for an 8 seed. One of Baylor’s best players was out, and UCLA’s Jaquez was not 100%. Then to play Saint Peters in the elite 8?

They need an ass whooping Saturday night.

Also, while they beat us by double digits at home, we were still in that game until about 5 minutes to go. So, while I was left shaking my head at the loss, looking back, we weren't out of the game until the end.

I feel better about this upcoming game because if we play better at the end of game 2, we probably win, which gives me hope we can beat them, even though they are playing out of their minds now.

If MSU played better the last 5 minutes they would have beat us. That's a big "if." But I like our chances Saturday. Our guys should be angry. Williams needs to stay out of foul trouble. Roach needs to somewhat contain Love. Then we win.

Winning fixes all issues. Coach Cal with Kentucky is on the fan's "hot seat" but if he makes a final four next year, that pressure will temporarily stop. If Hubert lays an egg next season, then this seasons tourney run will be viewed by fans as a one off.
Agree. If we cut the nets down, then our last 2 Elite Eights seems more like near misses than disappointments. Even this final four makes the elite eight runs look better.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Had Roy stayed another year would they still be in the final four?

It’s a great question to ask a turd fan. You can take jabs at either yes or no 🤣

It dawned on me this morning that Hubert doing well is a good indicator for Jon Scheyer. It shows a new guy can get it done. Frankly if Hubert can do it then Jon should have a cake walk.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It’s a great question to ask a turd fan. You can take jabs at either yes or no 🤣
Many were against it. I felt like he’d get 3 years to prove he could handle it. Roy clearly wanted him in the role. He’s in the FF his first year with mostly Roy’s players. Roy won the NC in 2005 with mostly Matt’s players, worked out pretty well for him…
Hubert is doing a good job, in my opinion. Of course, time always tells…

History has shown that the first year is usually successful after replacing a successful long term coach. It is not til year 2 or 3 that you can really tell.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Had Duke listened to fans early on in Krzyzewski’s career, would he be here now. For that matter, would Duke have kept him after his first two seasons if he were to be hired in today’s climate.

Let me be clear. I loath Carolina with a never-ending passion. But, you have to credit Davis, so far, with being a good coach. He turned Carolina into a team that believes in themselves and now, they’re playing in a Final Four.

Now, it’s our job to crush that belief. Go Duke.

History has shown that the first year is usually successful after replacing a successful long term coach. It is not til year 2 or 3 that you can really tell.
Yep. See Mike Davis, Kevin Ollie, Tubby Smith, etc. All inherited a great roster from a HOF coach and did well a year or 2, either won a title or got to the NT game. Then those players left and the wheels came off. Time will tell.

Reactions: christophero
2:14am. Hmmmm. Good thing you didn’t have to catch the school bus today
Hate to say it. But other than the fouls and ft Love is a mf. His game is incredibly versatile and athletic. That said he’ll probably be a deer in headlights Mon night. I hate to pull for KU but desperate times…

Yep. See Mike Davis, Kevin Ollie, Tubby Smith, etc. All inherited a great roster from a HOF coach and did well a year or 2, either won a title or got to the NT game. Then those players left and the wheels came off. Time will tell.
A bit like people who inherit all their money They undervalue the importance of recruiting. Tubby was a notoriously horrible recruiter but a good coach. Dan Mullen at Florida. It usually only gets you so far But in this era of one and dones it’s a little different because you might be better off developing three stars like aGillespie but this has been covered ad nauseum

Davis deserves a lot of credit, they were in big trouble at one point. I can’t remember team in recent years that has improved like they have over the course of half of a league season until now. Kudos to him.

He probably got more out of Roy’s players than Roy would have. But he’ll have to start recruiting his own teams and that’s where the rubber will meet the road.

Reactions: xtarheelx
Davis deserves a lot of credit, they were in big trouble at one point. I can’t remember team in recent years that has improved like they have over the course of half of a league season until now. Kudos to him.

He probably got more out of Roy’s players than Roy would have. But he’ll have to start recruiting his own teams and that’s where the rubber will meet the road.
Correct, he definitely deserves credit. But with this deep run, I would expect Love to leave and possibly even Bacot. There's not telling with Leaky Black, but, Manek is gone and there will be transfers, as well.

Correct, he definitely deserves credit. But with this deep run, I would expect Love to leave and possibly even Bacot. There's not telling with Leaky Black, but, Manek is gone and there will be transfers, as well.

Now that’s a funny one!! Unc lose players early? There’s no school in the last 20 years that has been able to keep as many NBA caliber players on a roster for multiple years like they have.

look at the guys that they kept for three years on that 2009 team alone you will never see that level of talent stay in school that long again! (Didn’t want take pay cut). Funny how according to chapel hill college fans in the 90s Duke was just selfish for not pushing players out of the program. Boy does life come full circle.

anyhow, don’t assume anyone over there is gone.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Now that’s a funny one!! Unc lose players early? There’s no school in the last 20 years that has been able to keep as many NBA caliber players on a roster for multiple years like they have.

look at the guys that they kept for three years on that 2009 team alone you will never see that level of talent stay in school that long again! (Didn’t want take pay cut). Funny how according to chapel hill college fans in the 90s Duke was just selfish for not pushing players out of the program. Boy does life come full circle.

anyhow, don’t assume anyone over there is gone.
Those are all good points. Also, in addition to the 2009 team, don't forget the 2017 team that had guys stay 3 years before leaving. They have definitely benefited from guys staying longer than many other teams.

Those are all good points. Also, in addition to the 2009 team, don't forget the 2017 team that had guys stay 3 years before leaving. They have definitely benefited from guys staying longer than many other teams.
That goes along with what I’ve said. That recruits, because of K and the name Duke, get more attention than other schools. They are pumped up by everyone before they prove themselves.
Sorry, but no other school is as polarized as Duke.

I’ll be more surprised if Keels, Griffin, and Moore come back.

That goes along with what I’ve said. That recruits, because of K and the name Duke, get more attention than other schools. They are pumped up by everyone before they prove themselves.
Sorry, but no other school is as polarized as Duke.

I’ll be more surprised if Keels, Griffin, and Moore come back.
Agreed, unfortunately, it is what it is. Maybe NIL helps keep the kids, but we'll see if it truly does.

Davis could be a great coach…or he could be the next Kevin Ollie. I know Ollie won a title but it all went down hill after that. Let’s give him a few years. Even Matty D won COTY early with the Holes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT