ADVERTISEMENT

Shout out to the Mods here

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredsoldier

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2012
I have no idea if this has been a thread in the past or not, but it's one I felt I needed to make for myself. I want to say, I truly appreciate the work that each Mod does on this board and I think if the poster's here venture around to other basketball boards, then you already know what I'm talking about.

I wondered around this board for many years while serving in the military and you guys have no idea how many times soldiers that were Duke fans and I would look to this board, to not only try and keep up with what was going on with our blue devils due to not having the normal cable service provided overseas, or too busy to check as much as we wanted, but for the unity this board always had. I'm not saying it's not there now, but I can say it has changed a little. The one constant that I can remember was the control you guys maintained. When K-ville made the thread the other day about the cussing, which at time's, I have been guilty of myself, it brought back memories. I truly understand this is a message board, where great and not so great debates, arguments, or disagreements take place and it's normal when you have so many different people of all walks of life posting here. What's not normal, is mods having the ability, or will power to see it going South and stop it in its tracks before it gets out of hand. You guys here have done a great job while still allowing people to voice their opinion.

I had a lot more to say, but I'll finish up with this. I truly appreciate everything you guys are doing here and if you're not told enough, you should be. We all don't truly understand how important the simple things are until they are either taken away, or you see an example of the mess on other boards and thankful that this board is different. From a guy who has been a member of the premium sites before I started posting here, the amount of bickering and nonsense post won't last long here because of the mods. Keep doing what you guys are doing. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you. Let's Go Duke!

It comes down to integrity and good sense. Our mods all have that. They are patient but there is a line and when it's crossed they do what needs to be done. One thing I think we overlook is the times when we lose a game the trolls roll in by great numbers and fast. Most of the time we don't even see them thanks to our mods doing their jobs and keeping us from that behind the keyboard confrontations. They are also among our best and most reasonable posters. OFC

It comes down to integrity and good sense. Our mods all have that. They are patient but there is a line and when it's crossed they do what needs to be done. One thing I think we overlook is the times when we lose a game the trolls roll in by great numbers and fast. Most of the time we don't even see them thanks to our mods doing their jobs and keeping us from that behind the keyboard confrontations. They are also among our best and most reasonable posters. OFC
Sky, great post. They just get it period!

I have no idea if this has been a thread in the past or not, but it's one I felt I needed to make for myself. I want to say, I truly appreciate the work that each Mod does on this board and I think if the poster's here venture around to other basketball boards, then you already know what I'm talking about.

I wondered around this board for many years while serving in the military and you guys have no idea how many times soldiers that were Duke fans and I would look to this board, to not only try and keep up with what was going on with our blue devils due to not having the normal cable service provided overseas, or too busy to check as much as we wanted, but for the unity this board always had. I'm not saying it's not there now, but I can say it has changed a little. The one constant that I can remember was the control you guys maintained. When K-ville made the thread the other day about the cussing, which at time's, I have been guilty of myself, it brought back memories. I truly understand this is a message board, where great and not so great debates, arguments, or disagreements take place and it's normal when you have so many different people of all walks of life posting here. What's not normal, is mods having the ability, or will power to see it going South and stop it in its tracks before it gets out of hand. You guys here have done a great job while still allowing people to voice their opinion.

I had a lot more to say, but I'll finish up with this. I truly appreciate everything you guys are doing here and if you're not told enough, you should be. We all don't truly understand how important the simple things are until they are either taken away, or you see an example of the mess on other boards and thankful that this board is different. From a guy who has been a member of the premium sites before I started posting here, the amount of bickering and nonsense post won't last long here because of the mods. Keep doing what you guys are doing. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you. Let's Go Duke!
Well said.

Reactions: timo0402
Dukiejay can be mean when he states the truth. The rest are all good. :D

In all seriousness, I've always appreciated how the mods do their jobs. It's the reason I felt comfortable posting here on the first place.

Our Mods do an outstanding job. especially where using common sense is involved. Enough of this praise though, when you complement a good employee they always expect a pay raise.

Reactions: timo0402
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT