ADVERTISEMENT

Season probably over

Damn. We can't even play in the tournament if somehow we got in. Thought we had a shot the way we were playing. The hits keep coming. Please Mark Williams come back.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
RedImmediateChupacabra-max-1mb.gif

As a coach....I can only imagine how hard that was for K to deliver the news to the team.
As much as this sucks...and two straight years....Just can’t imagine after all they went through and that’s the ending.
It sucks bad.....

So they (Durham Fraternity Council) apparently started holding in person recruitment though the administration didn’t approve. Something like 100 cases or more have come back positive from that little party. Some are football players. Football players were staying at the same location as basketball players were this whole time. But hey, the bright side is that the football team might get that heralded 145th ranked offensive lineman 🙄🙄

So they (Durham Fraternity Council) apparently started holding in person recruitment though the administration didn’t approve. Something like 100 cases or more have come back positive from that little party. Some are football players. Football players were staying at the same location as basketball players were this whole time. But hey, the bright side is that the football team might get that heralded 145th ranked offensive lineman 🙄🙄
LOL

Still think it’s better than last year. Last year we just abruptly had our season over without even playing the tournament. This is abrupt too but after SUCH a crummy season, if it at least ends on two strong wins with our boys looking good, I’ll take it. I mean let’s face it, most of us expected the season to end here in the ACCT as well and likely on a loss.

Hope whoever has it is okay. That said, is there an unluckier team in CBB this year? This happened at the worst possible time, and just as we were possibly playing ourselves into the tournament.

I doubt there is enough time for Duke to get out of protocol before an NIT, but I don't think Coach would accept it anyway. The responsible thing is to protect the players health both mental and physical and end the season.

Does this mean Louisville is out of postseason too? They just played us hours ago. Or if they all test negative are they okay?

Looks like the NIT first round is from next Wednesday through next Saturday. The team will still be in quarantine next Saturday.

If so the fault lies with the staff. What an absolutely stupid ****ing decision. Could’ve moved the basketball players. Shouldn’t even have been staying at the same hotel. Less people = less risk, so let’s make sure we house a small basketball team with a large football team. Sums up the staffs up and down coaching style of the season. Wow. Just wow.
Hopefully none of the players infect coach k or any staff members. Hope he’s vaxxed too. Smh

Welp, on to next year. Please come back Mark. He and Banchero 😀

I'd rather have Williams back (duh) than Hurt but Hurt averaged 20 points a game so that would be okay too ha. I think we get one back. If we lose both, we'll be good but small, so not dominant. Both back would be nice but probably not realistic. Wonder if this affects things.

For the second year in a row, Covid gets the last laugh SMFH

I'd rather have Williams back (duh) than Hurt but Hurt averaged 20 points a game so that would be okay too ha. I think we get one back. If we lose both, we'll be good but small, so not dominant. Both back would be nice but probably not realistic. Wonder if this affects things.

I probably couldn't blame anyone on the team for wanting to move on after this in some capacity (pros or transfer). Especially the sophomores who only know the tough emotional endings of last season and this one. Some may be motivated by this, but some may be ready for a fresh start somewhere.

Reactions: christophero
If so the fault lies with the staff. What an absolutely stupid ****ing decision. Could’ve moved the basketball players. Shouldn’t even have been staying at the same hotel. Less people = less risk, so let’s make sure we house a small basketball team with a large football team. Sums up the staffs up and down coaching style of the season. Wow. Just wow.
Hopefully none of the players infect coach k or any staff members. Hope he’s vaxxed too. Smh
Taking full advantage of 20/20 hindsight here.

So Duke is pulling out but the ACC was not mandating it? Of course, makes perfect sense from a program that never wanted to compete this year anyhow. It is completely unacceptable at how this has been handled. I say this is a 40 year F fan! mark my words recruiting is going to take a dive. Everybody will use it against them. They will tell players that the school will pull out of games, that there will be no fans in the stands, etc.

I am absolutely disgusted with this University right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT