ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer staff

With all the head coaching jobs open both on D1 and D2?

I can't imagine a D2 job would pay anywhere near what an assistant at Duke could make. It could also be a good way to get another head job down the road similar to what Capel did.

I can't imagine a D2 job would pay anywhere near what an assistant at Duke could make. It could also be a good way to get another head job down the road similar to what Capel did.
No but what’s to say he wants to be an assistant under a newly appointed head coach? Capel came in under K very big different circumstances. Capel also was at VCU and Oklahoma as a head coach . Only reason Oklahoma parted ways with him was because the circumstances surrounding Tiny Gallon and Timothy Mason-Griffin receiving money . Not saying he don’t come but two different circumstances as far as getting another head coaching job.

Last edited:
Wasn’t there some complaints with Wojo? From some players?
There were rumblings of some issues. I believe McRoberts was one, if I am remembering correctly. But I could be wrong on that one. I think Wojo has a fiery personality. I would bet 99% of the people who have played with and for him have had good to great relationships with him though.

There were rumblings of some issues. I believe McRoberts was one, if I am remembering correctly. But I could be wrong on that one. I think Wojo has a fiery personality. I would bet 99% of the people who have played with and for him have had good to great relationships with him though.
Not the two Hauser twins . It wasn’t just McRoberts. I think it was a couple of the players in the seasons leading up to him leaving Duke for Marquette. While I think Wojo is a ok assistant I don’t think he relates to players but I could be wrong .

I thought I heard rumors about him possibly joining Snyder in the NBA ?
Quinn might be leaving Utah after this season. If Pop retires I could see him in San Antonio. So, it's a possibility. If Wojo stays at the collegiate level, it's Duke.

Quinn might be leaving Utah after this season. If Pop retires I could see him in San Antonio. So, it's a possibility. If Wojo stays at the collegiate level, it's Duke.
There are Five NBA teams interested in him so far . That’s the issue . Wojo is a past K assistant, who never got on anywhere after being let go at Marquette ( will say they probably paid him a pay out so he could afford the time off) however Dawkins went to UCF after Stanford so it makes you wonder . There’s not stability just familiarity in K’s coaching style. Just don’t see how Wojo returning is a sign of change coming .

There are Five NBA teams interested in him so far . That’s the issue . Wojo is a past K assistant, who never got on anywhere after being let go at Marquette ( will say they probably paid him a pay out so he could afford the time off) however Dawkins went to UCF after Stanford so it makes you wonder . There’s not stability just familiarity in K’s coaching style. Just don’t see how Wojo returning is a sign of change coming .
I get it. And I see what you're saying. I've just seen and heard rumblings is all. Again, nothing concrete. He could end up taking a small D1 level position in the end. That said, I think Wojo brings an element of toughness to the coaching staff that a lot of other assistants would not. Personally, I would love to see someone like Battier or Sheldon Williams on the staff.

Reactions: pisgah101
I get it. And I see what you're saying. I've just seen and heard rumblings is all. Again, nothing concrete. He could end up taking a small D1 level position in the end. That said, I think Wojo brings an element of toughness to the coaching staff that a lot of other assistants would not. Personally, I would love to see someone like Battier or Sheldon Williams on the staff.
I hate I’m about to say this but I actually beginning to think for Scheyer to put his stamp on the program one of those assistant spots needs to be outside the Duke tree.

Your priorities are whack man.
No I just don’t give in to jokes in all seriousness. Duke needs someone with experience in both the league and college even if it’s just the player development role to help with shooting techniques because no offense it’s hasn’t been the best and Scheyer and Carewell we’re both on staff during those times

No I just don’t give in to jokes in all seriousness. Duke needs someone with experience in both the league and college even if it’s just the player development role to help with shooting techniques because no offense it’s hasn’t been the best and Scheyer and Carewell we’re both on staff during those times
And I bet you're really fun at parties then, haha Come on man, I was just kidding around. I know how serious things are. But I've been drinking and this week has really sucked. Well, other than Carolina shitting the bed on Monday night.

Reactions: christophero
And I bet you're really fun at parties then, haha Come on man, I was just kidding around. I know how serious things are. But I've been drinking and this week has really sucked. Well, other than Carolina shitting the bed on Monday night.
But Kansas won. Better than Carolina obviously but hard to feel good about it. I really wanted Pimp Self to be a one hit wonder

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Yes I Do. He's is a Duke guy... and he's unemployed, and hasn't been mentioned for any head coaching jobs that I've heard of. Assistant coach at your old school is the way to go. Look at Capel. He was in the same situation years back. May do him good. Win win for everybody.

I hate I’m about to say this but I actually beginning to think for Scheyer to put his stamp on the program one of those assistant spots needs to be outside the Duke tree.
I agree. Jon is tearing it up on the recruiting trail, he's smart as a whip, but I wonder when we will see him make the first break from the discipleship under K??? It may not come until on-court strategy/philosophy next year.

OFC

Don’t really go to parties. I knew it was a joke just trying to keep a thread on subject for a change . I’ve already forgotten about the loss to UNC LOL.
Bleed what do you drink ?

Don’t really go to parties. I knew it was a joke just trying to keep a thread on subject for a change . I’ve already forgotten about the loss to UNC LOL.
Bleed what do you drink ?
I wish I could forget about it. I drink pilsner, lagers, ales, and sours. Fat Tire is my favorite. I love just about everything New Belgium puts out. Just started drinking beer from a brewery called, Two Pitchers. Really good stuff. Liquor? Gin and tonic is my go to. New Amsterdam is a decent cheaper gin. You?

Starting to see a few rumblings on Twitter about Josh Hairston possibly joining the staff after this Tweet.. ???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT