ADVERTISEMENT

Sagarin’s Top 10 Power Rated Teams Since 2005

I know 2012 was a great team, but were they as dominant as we think they were? I don’t remember them blowing out teams. Like did they ever beat a top 2 ranked team by 34 points—as an underdog? I don’t think they beat every team in the NCAA Tournament by double digits if I recall correctly, either.

They had a dominant player, but I don’t think the “team” was that dominant. I mean, men lie, women lie but numbers don’t .

I know 2012 was a great team, but were they as dominant as we think they were? I don’t remember them blowing out teams. Like did they ever beat a top 2 ranked team by 34 points—as an underdog? I don’t think they beat every team in the NCAA Tournament by double digits if I recall correctly, either.

They had a dominant player, but I don’t think the “team” was that dominant. I mean, men lie, women lie but numbers don’t .
Personally I thought the 2012 UK team was better than the 2015 team. They didnt have 10 future NBA guys like the 2015 team did, but the pieces fit together much better. It made it easier for a poor in-game coach (Cal) to coach them. Plus...Anthony Davis.

They played a not-great Kansas team in the finals, probably one of the least talented Kansas teams in the last 10 years. What I mainly remember that year is UK and UNC were by far the 2 best teams, and when Kendall Marshall went out, it was like "welp, I'm happy UNC isn't gonna win it, but now UK can stroll through the tourney, which also sucks."

They played a not-great Kansas team in the finals, probably one of the least talented Kansas teams in the last 10 years. What I mainly remember that year is UK and UNC were by far the 2 best teams, and when Kendall Marshall went out, it was like "welp, I'm happy UNC isn't gonna win it, but now UK can stroll through the tourney, which also sucks."

I was actually going to say, if 2012 UK is on that list, then 2012 UNC would likely make it, too. They were better than UK that season, IMO. Like Kyrie going down in 2011 costed us a pretty good chance at going really deep and winning it all, the same can be said for that Kendall Marshall injury. I had pretty much resigned myself to the reality that the Heels would win it that year going into the tournament.

I was actually going to say, if 2012 UK is on that list, then 2012 UNC would likely make it, too. They were better than UK that season, IMO. Like Kyrie going down in 2011 costed us a pretty good chance at going really deep and winning it all, the same can be said for that Kendall Marshall injury. I had pretty much resigned myself to the reality that the Heels would win it that year going into the tournament.
Man idk. Losing Marshall was definitely huge for the Heels, but I’m still taking UK. Didn’t Kentucky beat UNC during the season that year?

Man idk. Losing Marshall was definitely huge for the Heels, but I’m still taking UK. Didn’t Kentucky beat UNC during the season that year?

Yes, UK beat them earlier in the season....before Roy had handed over the keys to Marshall. I think Davis might have blocked a last-second shot attempt.

Yes, UK beat them earlier in the season....before Roy had handed over the keys to Marshall. I think Davis might have blocked a last-second shot attempt.
Plus that game was at Rupp. Davis blocked Henson at the end.
I also think UNC was the better team once Marshall took over.

Hard to imagine a much stronger Final Four than 2015. Three of the four teams likely would have won the national championship if they were part of almost any other Final Four the last 15 years.

Agree with a lot of you guys, 2012 & 2015 UK were 2 of the best teams I’ve seen in the past 15 years. 2007 Florida is number one for me though. That team was stacked.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Agree with a lot of you guys, 2012 & 2015 UK were 2 of the best teams I’ve seen in the past 15 years. 2007 Florida is number one for me though. That team was stacked.
Hard to argue with the team that went back to back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT