ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Hampton

DukeRulesBasketball

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2015
https://balldurham.com/2019/01/19/duke-basketball-hampton-reclassify-jones/amp/

Sounds like he wants to play at Duke! Would rather have him for the 20-21 season. Him and Bj Boston would be a fun backcourt to watch. I would love for Tre to come back, but if Tre decides to enter the NBA next year, RJ Hampton would reclassify and join Duke, at least that’s the way I interpret the article. We shall see.

Reactions: skysdad
He’s a really good player and he’d be great to have. But he’s got a little bit of an attitude that i don’t really like

Thought I saw the same article talking about Coby White leaving early and Hampton replacing him as long as Cole Anthony didn’t leap at the opportunity to fill the gaping void at UNC.

Seems like when I go searching for highlight video of point guards or combo guards there is a lack of them actually passing the ball.

"Assists" is my favorite stat in the box scores. Can we just clone Tre Jones?

Reactions: hart2chesson
Wait, aren't there three Jones'? Like the Plumlee's right???

What??? There aren't any more??? o_O

JJ Redick, RJ Barrett, RJ Hampton and BJ Boston and own DJ. OFC

Think rj reclasses, turns 18 in a few weeks with the NBA the ultimate goal. I just dont see him delaying it. Duke makes the most sense next year if tre leaves. And it doesn't hurt that he is addias buddy is Matthew hurt. Think they have played on some teams together

Is that why Platek only gets 2-3 minutes a game? Roy bringing him along slow, he knows what he has. Will be starting as a Senior I’ll bet.

By time he is a senior he has the potential to be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. Get it Ispy. :D OFC

Seems like when I go searching for highlight video of point guards or combo guards there is a lack of them actually passing the ball.

"Assists" is my favorite stat in the box scores. Can we just clone Tre Jones?

Tre's biggest value to the team so far has been defense. Our O was fine in the games he was out. Not as good as with him, obviously, but the fall off wasn't huge.
The D was worse without him. Noticeably so. If RJH can defend, everything else will be gravy.

I'm in the camp that Tre is definitely gone.
We REALLY need RJ Hampton next year, if you look at the recruiting rankings, there's no other options, literally. We all know the story of how talented teams do when there is no PG on the roster....
Outside of a grad transfer, it's Hampton or bust.

Reactions: Duke937
Even if Tre Jones comes back Hampton is a combo guard and Duke could use him

Cole Anthony would probably excel in a combo guard role. Neither he, nor RJH seem to want that. They want to be lead guards, and that is probably in their best interests.

Well now it looks like duke will start recruiting sharife cooper PG from Georgia. Probably try and get him to reclass to 2019 he turns 18 in June, so it'll be his original class

Well now it looks like duke will start recruiting sharife cooper PG from Georgia. Probably try and get him to reclass to 2019 he turns 18 in June, so it'll be his original class
Found this -->

PG video where the PG scores and passes...no dunks. I like the kid already. Says that he's Auburn-bound.

Auburn's been on him a long time, he visits uk Feb 23rd..we'll see if duke can get him to visit for a home game soon.

Seems to have pretty good vision, patience, and a good feel for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT