ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Who was the first American athlete to be a 1st round pick in two of the major professional leagues.

Not Ainge. 2nd round NBA, not sure MLB round.

He is the only high school 1st team all-American in 3 sports - Football, baseball, and basketball though.

Not Elway, though I know the Yankees had him out of high school, not sure what round they signed him.

Just looked it up. It was after Stanford, with the last pick of the 2nd round.

Not any of those 3. He more recent, well near Deion's time I think.

Baseball & Basketball 1st round pick.

Neither one. He was drafted by the Blue Jays (pitcher I think) and the Hornets. Played in the NBA for a decent amount of time, not MLB. Is a basketball coach now.

The Blue Jays hint may be misleading.. He was the 1st round pick of the Mariners, but did not sign. He later signed with the Blue Jays as a 5th round pick.

He probably has the 2nd best known inbound pass behind Hill to Laettner, with his full court assist to Tate George in the NCAA tournament.

In December of 1990, this NBA point guard set a record with 30 assists in one game....a record that stands yet today. Who is it?

Not Archibald or Kidd.

First hint....this player would go on to be an NBA head coach for four different franchises starting in 1999.

Many are familiar with Bill Walton's 44 points in the NCAA championship game.

Who has the 2nd most points scored in the title game, at 42 ?

Let's stick with the Breaking Bad state and UNM:

What Hall of Fame linebacker played at The University of New Mexico, and was so athletic they often used him at free safety and to return punts (I can't remember many LBs who returned kicks)?

Pretty sure it's Brian Urlacher....just because the Vikings played him every two years and it was discussed more than Majerus's infatuation with Marty Pocius's calves.

Reactions: HuffyJB
Pretty sure it's Brian Urlacher....just because the Vikings played him every two years and it was discussed more than Majerus's infatuation with Marty Pocius's calves.

You got it. He was crazy at UNM - they used him everywhere. He had kick return touchdowns, receiving touchdowns, defensive touchdowns.

Sorry....I totally dropped the ball on this one.

We all know the Houston Rockets were Hakeem’s team during the mid-90s when they won their two championships, but what rookie guard and former ACC player really came into the scene for the Rockets those two seasons?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT