ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Big Mac it was Sky! You are up! OFC
[/QUOTE

I have a friend who is 10 years older than myself and he played MLB a few years. Never a starter but mostly used as a pinch hitter and reserve. He played a for the Cards who he came up with the Giants, Brewers and the Expos. He told me one time he got to start for the Giants and looked and it was McCovey at 1st with Mays in center. His biggest thrill ever. My question what is my friends name ? LOL just kidding. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
He wrote the book while a member of the Seattle Mariners which wasn't well received by both MLB and then commissioner Bowie Kuhn. OFC

BTW Its one of the FUNNIEST and MOST REVEALING books I ever read. Got it when it first came out in jr high school-

OFC

Within 10% either way, how much money was Michael Jordan paid by the Chicago Bulls in his first twelve seasons? 1985-1996

Too high, skysdad! Probably not a great question, but it illustrates the escalation of salaries

That was just a guess of course but it comes out to about 5 million a year. Should have given it thought. 1985 was early in his career. I would think by 1996 he would be making a lot more but that was 24 years ago. Maybe more like 20 million but that may be high.Can you imagine if he were playing today and he was 26 or 27 years old. What would he be getting? Not only him but Jabbar, Bird,Magic Johnson and Dr J in basketball to name a few. How about baseball players in their prime like Mantle, Mays, Gibson, Koufax , Musial, Ted Williams to name a few in their prime. NFL? Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Montana and Rice won how many Super Bowls each? What would Muhamed Ali and Joe Frazier be bringing in for a Thrilla in Manilla. Yes I am old school who happens to believe that old school athletes were just as talented and to some degree better than todays athletes. They were more durable without a doubt so they would be of more value to their franchises. Enough of this old fart's rant. For my second guess I'm gonna say 25 million for the years stated. And that's my final answer unless I'm not right. :) OFC

skysdad is up . Jordan made $900,000 per year for the first four years and $3 million per year for the final eight. Jordan and Agent David Talk decided that it was better to not renegotiate because he made so much from endorsements. The Bulls paid him $30 million in 1997 and $33 million in 1998. So he made $27.6 million in his first twelve years and skysdad's guess of $25 million is just barely within 10%

Ok just for a little humor but it really did happen. A reporter named "Stuttering John" best known for being on the Howard Stern Show ask one of MLB's all time greats this question during a interview. " Did you ever fart in the catchers face? " OFC

Last edited:
Ok just for a little humor but it really did happen. A reporter named "Stuttering Bob " best known for being on the Howard Stern Show ask one of MLB's all time greats this question during a interview. " Did you ever fart in the catchers face? " OFC

Lmao!!!!! OFC

Got a little time left but don't mind giving a hint. His MLB career was cut short by a stint in the service. OFC

His slended career included 6 batting titles and 2 triple crowns. That's it for the hints. Don't know what else I can say about this HOF'r who managed two franchises with neither one being the team he played for. Did I mention he served in two wars WWII and Korea, was a Naval aviator and was highly decorated winning several awards. OFC

I'm confused again. I must have missed a post or two. The last post I got was from hart who answered Geds question as Phil Sims. I never saw Geds reply. Did hart get it wrong and RHFD get it right? If so whst is the answer the Geds question? Is RHFD's question he current one? Just need to know what is going on? I may have something wrong with my tablet. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT