ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Gene Sarazen I believe. It helps that he was my answer to the Shell's Wonderful World of Golf question recently

Good job Sky, Sarazen it is. Funny Snead missed like an 18 inch or so putt I think to miss winning the U.S. Open or send it to playoff, etc. Only major he never won. Arnie, btw never won the PGA- think he was a runner-up to Julius Boros late 60s.You are up! Give us a good one!

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Don Mattingly won the NL Manager of the Year in 2020. Mattingly was AL MVP as a Player. Who was the last manager of the year before Mattingly to also be an MVP as a player?

Good job Sky, Sarazen it is. Funny Snead missed like an 18 inch or so putt I think to miss winning the U.S. Open or send it to playoff, etc. Only major he never won. Arnie, btw never won the PGA- think he was a runner-up to Julius Boros late 60s.You are up! Give us a good one!

OFC
ged!!!! I meant ged!!!! Sorry ged..Dont ever get old like me!! OFC

Great guess. Not Torre. Sorry to take so long. When I hit updates, I'm sent to a page about cookies. . Not Torre. More recent

Only five people have ever won manager of the year and MVP in the same career . Torre did it. And Mattingly, and Frank Robinson and Don Baylor. The person we're looking for won a World Series with the same franchise that won the World Series last month

This wonderful athlete and manager played in the major leagues for Detroit, Kansas City, LA Dodgers and Pittsburgh

Guan Tianlang of China became the youngest player ever in 2013 to make the cut at Masters. How old was he? OFC

Duke beat Arizona for the natty that year. Arizona had an impact player starting who transferred from what ACC school?

OFC

Luke Walton? He was on the team. I thought that he started, but probably not. I think that he is a good coach, but I thought that he was the weak link on that team

Reactions: hart2chesson
Luke Walton? He was on the team. I thought that he started, but probably not. I think that he is a good coach, but I thought that he was the weak link on that team

Luke is correct...may have become an eventual starter, but that game 16 min 2 for 6 ....4 pts 3 rebs 4 asts.... U UP!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
What professional sports team was once known as the NY Titans. OFC

You got it hart and you are up. OFC
Sky thanks. Lets get some world series trivia, and drama at that. In Game 7 of the '62 fall classic the SF Giants and NY Yankees were in a nail biter. Yanks led SF 1-0 bottom of ninth. Giants had two men on, and two out. What player lined out to 2b Bobby Richardson, ending the series?

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT