ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Neither. I'm so sorry. Second day in a row I've gone with my memory rather than looking it up. The question should be Who Has The Most Consecutive Games With a Hit Since 1923

Once again, I'm sorry for not researching the question. The all-time list is Dimaggio with 56. Wee Willie Keeler with 45. Pete Rose with 44. Then Bill Dahlen, George Sisler, and Ty Cobb with 40. So the question who hit in 39 Consecutive Games in 1987?

Thanks. I read that you're a golfer. I'm sure it was nice, but on the replays from the early 60s, Augusta looks like a goat track comparrd to now. And Arnie's swing looks bizarre. Can't believe that he was so great with that swing. He was very strong and charismatic

You"re right ged, looks completely different now...You're correct about Arnie's swing
also. Seemingly terrible technique, with just a grip it and rip it, and no way would you want a beginner to study it. Nevertheless he tore into hls drives with a ferocity never seen before. Powerful forearms! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
So to clarify, the question is who hit in 39 Consecutive Games in the 1987 Season? Hints: He was with the Brewers that Season. In 1993, this player was World Series MVP.

Thanks. We all know that Babe Ruth wore #3 as a NY Yankee but what number did he wear with the Red Sox? OFC

i didn't think they had numbers back then. I know Ruth wore 3 with the Yankees because he batted third.

Reactions: skysdad
It's good to be old, isn't it?

Sticking with the Yankees (sort of), according to Yogi Berra, what should you do if you get to a fork in the road?

For extra credit, what did Yogi say was the reason people didn't go to a popular restaurant any more?

Reactions: geddoughton23
When you come to the fork in the road, take it.... Made perfect sense as you got to Yogi's house in two minutes by going left or right at the fork. ... Nobody goes to that restaurant because it's too crowded

Not easy at all. I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting him a few times. Yogi liked meeting people. I read the book of Yogiisms and Ron Guidry's book "Driving Mr. Yogi" in the last two years

In 1967, Ambridge HS won the Pennsylvania Basketball State Title with Dennis Wuycik (UNC) and Frank Kaufman ( Purdue) in the front court. Name the Duke player who was the Point Guard on that team

I knew Jackson was on up there but it was just a guess. He was a very sold NBA player who probably doesn’t get his due.

Heres an easy one to get the thread going.

What was Trajan Langdons nickname?

Last edited:
What NBA team drafted Trajan? OFC

Last edited:
Lang was an assistant coach at utah from 2014 to 2019. My research tells me he is an assistant on another NBA team. The head coach of the team was fired this year, but it looks like Lang is still an assistant there. Please name the team or tell me if I'm wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT