ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

The player is from Davie County in North Carolina and played for the university of South Carolina. He plays second base

One of my favorite players was an All America basketball and baseball player at Ole Miss. He had a 16 year major league career as a great defensive shortstop for the Cardinals,Cubs and White Sox. He was the last player-manager in the American League for the White Sox. Who is this player?

Not Ivan DeJesus. Good guess. DeJesus followed the person I've asked about with the Cubs. My grandmother rooted for the Cubs and pronounced his name the same way she said it in Church instead of the Latin American way. I always smiled to myself when she said it

I will go with Don Kessinger. It was either him or Glenn Beckert I think.However I seem to remember Don doing a little managing??? OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Thanks. I read that you're a golfer. I'm sure it was nice, but on the replays from the early 60s, Augusta looks like a goat track comparrd to now. And Arnie's swing looks bizarre. Can't believe that he was so great with that swing. He was very strong and charismatic

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT