ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

Ryan is not top in the 10 either. I didn't even remember this guy pitching for his 3rd team at all. He was only with his 2nd team for 1 year. (11 of the 14 consecutive was for his original team, 1 with his 2nd, 2 with his 3rd team ).

Played 1 last season with Cleveland, but did not start their opener ending his streak before he retired.

Last edited:
Not Clemens. The answer won the World Series MVP in his only year with his hometown team, but his best years were in Detroit where he was on a World Series champion as well.

JACK MORRIS? Never would have guessed in a hundred tries without the hints
You are correct, and are up.

Robin Roberts is tied for 2nd with Tom Seaver by the way With 12, but Roberts does hold the most consecutive opening day starts with the same team, since his was all with the Phillies..

Reactions: geddoughton23
Not Amos Alonzo Stagg. A fabulous guess. Thanks to you, I just read Stagg's Wikipedia page. An incredibly long and varied career. I didn't know that he's in the basketball Hall of Fame

Reactions: skysdad
Which family has had 6 ( all male ) play professional basketball. No hints yet. gedd should be all over this one. OFC

I'll guess the GRANT Family. I can't come up with six. Horace Grant was a starter for the Bulls with Michael Jordan. Twin brother Harvey played in the NBA and overseas. Harvey's sons Jerami and Jerai (sp?) played in the NBA. I think Harvey had another son play in Europe. That's five. Good chance of a sixth, but I don't know about him

I'll guess the GRANT Family. I can't come up with six. Horace Grant was a starter for the Bulls with Michael Jordan. Twin brother Harvey played in the NBA and overseas. Harvey's sons Jerami and Jerai (sp?) played in the NBA. I think Harvey had another son play in Europe. That's five. Good chance of a sixth, but I don't know about him

Not the Grants. Did not realize that many Grants though. This family had 4 in the NBA, 1 in Europe and one currently in the G-league. I'm looking for a father and 5 sons. There is quite a difference in age from the oldest to the youngest. That's all the hints I have for now. OFC

Four of the 5 sons had a maternal grandfather that played in the NBA. OFC

Perhaps the BARRYs. Rick, the father, is one of the ten best players ever in my opinion. His son, Canyon, got a lot of attention for shooting FTs underhanded like his father. Jon played in the NBA and is on TV now. Brent won the NBA Slam dunk contest. Drew played professionally. Scooter played at Kansas and probably in Europe. That's six.

Rick Barry is fascinating. Incredible confidence.. He played for Bruce Hale at the University of Miami and for the Oakland Oaks in the ABA. He married Hale's daughter, Pam. It was an ugly divorce. The Barry sons were incredibly close to their mother, and not Rick

Perhaps the BARRYs. Rick, the father, is one of the ten best players ever in my opinion. His son, Canyon, got a lot of attention for shooting FTs underhanded like his father. Jon played in the NBA and is on TV now. Brent won the NBA Slam dunk contest. Drew played professionally. Scooter played at Kansas and probably in Europe. That's six.

It's the Barry's. I didn't realize it until I read a bio on Rick. Pretty awesome huh? I knew if you thought about it would come to you. You are up?OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
There are so many related parties in the NBA. There aren't many people over 6'8" Malcolm Gladwell did a nice podcast with Rick Barry. Barry taught lots of bad foul shooters to shoot them well granny style, but they refused to shoot that way in games

I remember Mike Powell setting a new world record in 1991. It would be fun to see Zion concentrate on track and field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT