ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

I specified a white American. So no Bogut. Walton is also incorrect - the timeframe is right, however. It was just a few years after Walton.

Time is up. Go ahead and ask the next question. By the way what is the answer? OFC

I googled the answer. It seems impossible, but it's coming back to me: Kent Benson in 1977. He was the plodding, efficient Center on the Indiana perfect 32-0 record team in1976.

Benson was also involved in a pathetic fight with Kareem Abdul Jabbar who was reputed to be a karate expert. Kareem responded to Benson's physical play with a flurry of grade school slaps.

Benson was also involved in a pathetic fight with Kareem Abdul Jabbar who was reputed to be a karate expert. Kareem responded to Benson's physical play with a flurry of grade school slaps.
Slaps ? Must be a different one then I remember. Benson knocked the wind out of Kareem with a cheap shit elbow to the gut.

After catching his wind Kareem responded with a cheap shot punch that floored Benson. If I recall correctly Kareem broke both his own hand and Benson's jaw with that punch.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Amazing how my memory betrayed me. Exactly as dtodd said. Elbow to the gut and cheashot retaliation by Kareem. Broken hand and jaw

Sorry, guys. I'm not very good at visiting the site on a regular basis. Kent Benson is the correct answer.

Who was the last school that Virginia beat, with a higher seed, in the NCAA Tournament?

I googled the answer. It seems impossible, but it's coming back to me: Kent Benson in 1977. He was the plodding, efficient Center on the Indiana perfect 32-0 record team in1976.

He's also partly responsible for why Larry Bird transferred from Indiana. Feeling overwhelmed by the size of the community, and the size of the school was certainly a part of it. But Benson also gave Bird a lot of flak, which quickly got old and tiresome.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I've went up and down the last few post on this thread and don't see the next question. Someone get me back . OFC

The question is when was the last school Virginia beat with a higher seeded team in the NCAA tournament. All I know is that it was a long time ago. They've been a high seed recently, and lost in the first round under Dave Leitao

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
The question is when was the last time Virginia lost to a higher seeded team in the NCAA tournament. All I know is that it was a long time ago. They've been a high seed recently, and lost in the first round under Dave Leitao

Thanks. OFC

Sorry for rambling about the question before. This one is just tough. Virginia either wins the championship, loses to umbc in the first round or loses to a lower seeded Michigan State

I'll give it a shot and skip me anytime. Who is the famous play-by-play man who called just about every sport and his catchphrase was " Oh My" I remember him best for calling Wimbledon.

Who is the only pitcher in MLB history to lead both leagues in shutouts in the same season?

Rick Sutcliffe has a great season in the 80s split between both leagues but I don’t think that’s what you’re looking for....

Maybe...

Rick Sutcliffe? He was traded from Cleveland to the Cubs in 1984 I think. Probably not the answer. He didn't do much for Cleveland, but it's a guess

CC Harrison actually was 7 of 7 on 3 pointers and State won 95-91 in overtime. UNC Coach Guthridge was too stubborn to change the defense enough. Harrison improved vastly at State, and had a long career overseas

Thanks, bobcrane. Ten did seem like too many. If I coached a player who was 7 for 7,. I would insist that he shoot #8. bobcrane is up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT