ADVERTISEMENT

OT: On this Valentine's Day there is tragedy and sadness.

Part of the problem is these a-holes become famous. Stop saying their name! "Loser Coward shot up a school today"
This thank you. I’m not gonna say what I want to but you hit the nail on the head brother

For me, this is a manifestation of the breakdown of societal standards. The core values taught in the past are becoming a distant memory, the respect we give each other is becoming diffused. It's easy to find outlets to hate other people, say what you want and hide. Society is fracturing into ever increasing radical groups. Add in the desensitizing of violence and death through video games, media, movies and online video sites and taking a human life becomes just a game. An outlet for anger, youthful or otherwise. Regarding gun control - I didn't grow up here but have been here more of my life than not, am a citizen and yet I cannot understand why weapons like an AR15 are available so easily. The second amendment was devised in the 18th century to protect against government rule by force...when it was a black powder musket, you would own not a semi-automatic rifle. I understand that its one of the rights but it needs to be amended so that access to weapons of this magnitude cannot be used like this. Every time this happens the debate rages yet nothing gets done. How many will it take for action to be taken to address not only the action but the cause?

For me, this is a manifestation of the breakdown of societal standards. The core values taught in the past are becoming a distant memory, the respect we give each other is becoming diffused. It's easy to find outlets to hate other people, say what you want and hide. Society is fracturing into ever increasing radical groups. Add in the desensitizing of violence and death through video games, media, movies and online video sites and taking a human life becomes just a game. An outlet for anger, youthful or otherwise. Regarding gun control - I didn't grow up here but have been here more of my life than not, am a citizen and yet I cannot understand why weapons like an AR15 are available so easily. The second amendment was devised in the 18th century to protect against government rule by force...when it was a black powder musket, you would own not a semi-automatic rifle. I understand that its one of the rights but it needs to be amended so that access to weapons of this magnitude cannot be used like this. Every time this happens the debate rages yet nothing gets done. How many will it take for action to be taken to address not only the action but the cause?
I agree with everything you have said. My one thing is, as an avid gun collector and owner. Why should I be punished for the wrongs of others? Taking away guns, limiting the amount of bullets a gun can hold, concealed or not concealed, what type of weapon a person should own is simply wrong.
Even if the government was able to do it the world would still produce them. People will still be able to get them and it’s not gonna stop a thing.
Education and Enforcement of the rules and regulations already in place is a start. Every department in law Enforcement is short handed a start would be funding that enables enough feet on the ground but that’s not gonna happen .

Chicago, Newark, Detroit, etc...,all places with restrictive gun law AND with high rates of gun violence. So sounds like restrictive gun laws are not the answer right? BUT.... what they don’t say is that the majority of the guns used in cities like the aforementioned don’t come from those cities. Those guns usually come from other States where the laws are NOT restrictive.

I don’t want to trample on 2nd amendment rights, I really don’t. But in many places, getting a drivers license is harder than getting a gun from a store mind you. Yes one is a priveledge and the other a right but don’t we have too much at stake to use that as an excuse to have less UNIFORMED and STANDARD restrictions throughout the country?

How about you need to take an exam, go through an extensive background investigation including an interview and mental health evaluation? How about gmhavibg to register and re-register your firearm(s)?

I really do believe that if the aforementioned standards were in place, we’d have less irresponsible people with legal guns, because going through all of that would require a certain degree of responsibility in of itself.

Last edited:
Chicago, Newark, Detroit, etc...,all places with restrictive gun law AND with high rates of gun violence. So sounds like restrictive gun laws are not the answer right? BUT.... what they don’t say is that the majority of the guns used in cities like the aforementioned don’t come from those cities. Those guns usually come from other States where the laws are NOT restrictive.

I don’t want to trample on 2nd amendment rights, I really don’t. But in many places, getting a drivers license is harder than getting a gun from a store mind you. Yes one is a priveledge and the other a right but don’t we have too much at stake to use that as an excuse to have less UNIFORMED and STANDARD restrictions throughout the country?

How about you need to take an exam, go through an extensive background investigation including an interview and mental health evaluation? How about gmhavibg to register and re-register your firearm(s)?

I really do believe that if the aforementioned standards were in place, we’d have less irresponsible people with legal guns, because going through all of that would require a certain degree of responsibility in of itself.
Yes they have strict gun laws but also why the gun runners make more money in those states.
In NC to by a shotgun or rifle requires a back ground check with each purchase ran through not only the state but the national database. For a pistol depending on a purchase permit or a concealed weapons permit it goes into more depth with applications, waiting process, mental screen finger prints. We only have to register or firearms at point of purchase and unless you do a controlled sale the fire arm stays in your name and is easy to trace from the serial number.
This is why I mentioned the stricter gun laws the more profit from illegal gun sales for the gun runners.
In California, New York and a couple other states it’s illegal to own max capacity magazines( meaning more then the original manufacture designated for that firearm) however they still have the most violent crimes with automatic weapons and a magazine sales for almost three times the original price.
It starts at the state level then goes to federal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT