ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

Is Singler on that list? That would be my only guess.

I looked it up right after I posted my guess, unfortunately. So I guess that eliminates me :)

Switch sports.

Former Duke baseball player who hit a home run in his first major league at bat.

harttochesson, don't let this fall to far back. Ask a question. OFC

Thx Sky...love the thread...It reaches back to some of the downer years, but nonetheless was a really exciting time in Duke Hoops History...Bill Foster was in his 2nd year at Duke, 1975-'76 IIRC and Tate Armstrong was ALL-WORLD for us!!!

In the opening game of the ACC Tourney in Landover Md we played the Terps on Thursday afternoon... (I was dialed into via transistor radio from NC.)We pretty much controlled the game the entire way, until we missed how many free throws in the final 13 seconds??? On the final miss, George Moses fouled a Terp who hit 2 FTs to send game into overtime.They went onto win the game-Armstrong missed prayer at end...

Who hit the Md FTs to force OT?

Who won the tournament, who ironically defeated Maryland in semis??

OFC

Buckin, GREAT JOB....Take it away sir...And as a btw, we missed the FRONT ENDS OF THREE 1&1's in those final 13 seconds....(all while holding a 2pt lead til Shepherd connected on two).

Your question, Buckin!

OFC

In the 1979 game between our Devils and UNC at Cameron, Duke led 7-0 at half.

How many shots did UNC take in the first half, and what phrase would describe the shot (s)?

Reactions: harttochesson
You're half right, in more ways than one harttochesson!

Edited to say:

I'll give it to you because one was actually a half court heave at the buzzer.

Go ahead with your next question.

Reactions: harttochesson
Thx Buckin!! Rich "chickie" Yonakor will never outlive that corner airball! Buckin' playing off your question sir, the following weekend we played UNC again, in the finals of the '79 ACC Tourney....What starter were we missing and why??

OFC

Seems like it may have been Dennard but I'm just not sure.

I'll say Dennard with a hangover, lol, nah not a hangover, maybe a strained knee?

Good guess- he later did miss the infamous Black Sunday loss in NCAA's w/St John's due to injury....Bob Bender (emergency appendectomy)missed the ACC Final, and we missed him losing by around six or so I think..

OFC

Should have left it on the table, but Buckin' was so close w/Dennard! Of course while the Devils lost the '79 ACC TITLE GAME, they won it in both '78 and '80....

What was unique about the '78 final broadcast???

OFC

It was played in Md. OFC

I looked to see if I was right but of course I was wrong but I think I discovered what it was. I'll take a rest on this one until someone gets it.;) OFC

Haha that was the NCAA Final Buckin, but yep- he was on fire....Sorry should have clarified better, ACC Tourney final

'76 was in Md...Back to Greensboro for while after Sky....Has to do with the telecast not by the ACC Network....(hint)

OFC

Well what I saw isn't it neither. There was a day break between the semi finals and championship instead of 3 consecutive days. I'll have to re check it though. OFC

Yep. March 1st opening round. March 2nd semi's and March 4th the championship. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT