ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

I remember Woodall well...Jay Calabrese as well was a good RB....Trice is correct JLS, I will leave game and result on table for you guys-

OFC

Going to go ahead and lay other parts out there to open up next question for Jim! Leo Hart started at qb in '68 and the Devils beat the Gamecocks 14-7 at Columbia!! Tom Harp's team went 4-6....(only 10 game season then, and this opener wasnt until Sept.21st!) You are up Jim Sumner, take it away-

OFC

harttochesson why don't you go on and ask the next question. OFC

Cameron Indoor Stadium was Duke Indoor Stadium before CIS. Where did Duke play it's home games before Duke Indoor Stadium. OFC

After beating South Carolina on the road to open the 1968 season, Duke returned home to play the Michigan Wolverines. \

This was my first Duke game in person.

Michigan edged Duke 31-10.

Their star running back Ron Johnson rushed for 844 yards and eleventeen touchdowns.

Or at least it seemed that way.

I believe we went into full wait-until-basketball-mode right about then.

Evans and Love? Posh. Child's play.

Name the Duke QB who played for K.

Name the Duke TE who played for K.

No Sumner, we do not lol- I think I surprised you...I remember little nuances like Colonna attempting a PAT vs UNC in the 41-0 massacre of UNC. (Left footed, he pulled it wide)...

OFC

No Sumner, we do not lol- I think I surprised you...I remember little nuances like Colonna attempting a PAT vs UNC in the 41-0 massacre of UNC. (Left footed, he pulled it wide)...

OFC

At my age, it takes a lot to surprise me. :)

No spring chicken here either friend...Take a stab at your question, and venturing OUTSIDE of the Duke Family...Strictly a reach-
" Bones" McKinney

OFC

Bob Gantt.

Football end and basketball forward. Duke's first NBA player.

Never would have gotten that one even if I had cheated. I did try to look it up and found nothing. That was a good one. OFC

Never would have gotten that one even if I had cheated. I did try to look it up and found nothing. That was a good one. OFC

I shouldn't shortchange Gantt. He also was a standout track and field athlete in the weights.

Reactions: skysdad
This is a wild guess but is he the P.A. announcer at Duke home basketball games? OFC

He scored the first point ever at Duke Indoor Stadium, January 6, 1940.

A free throw.

A few minutes later, he scored the first field goal, putting Duke up 3-0 on Princeton.

He also was the leading scorer in that game, with 13, as Duke won 36-27.

Another one.

Name the Duke players who have been first-team All-ACC three times. There are five.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT