ADVERTISEMENT

Oral Robert’s - Max Abmas in Portal

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
Kid has averaged over 20 pts all 4 years at Oral Robert’s. Duke did a good job of shutting him down, but the entire game plan seemed to be focused on making anyone but him beat them.

Don’t think he will end up at Duke but he’s another kid to watch where he lands.

Only way I could see Duke offering him is if Blakes and/or Schutt transfer out and Abmas is ok coming off the bench for shooting purposes.

He looked like a mid-major player against us. Forced shots. Careless with the ball. Roach blew by him 3 or 4 times, in similar fashion to how a guard blows by a big man who's caught in a ball screen. Was just one game, so I don't want to be overly critical. He is a 3x HM All-American - and he led Oral Roberts to the Sweet 16 in 2021. But, I was not impressed with Abmas' performance against us.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
He looked like a mid-major player against us. Forced shots. Careless with the ball. Roach blew by him 3 or 4 times, in similar fashion to how a guard blows by a big man who's caught in a ball screen. Was just one game, so I don't want to be overly critical. He is a 3x HM All-American - and he led Oral Roberts to the Sweet 16 in 2021. But, I was not impressed with Abmas' performance against us.
Looked the same way against Houston but those are two of the best defenses in college basketball.

Reactions: dukedevilz
To be fair, he was looked at as THEE key to shut down for opposing teams. I suspect he would get more open looks on a team like Duke.

Reactions: KDSTONE
To be fair, he was looked at as THEE key to shut down for opposing teams. I suspect he would get more open looks on a team like Duke.
Agreed. He goes somewhere with other big time players and it makes it hard to put together a defensive scheme that focuses solely on Abmas. Still think Cryer is the best perimeter scorer available in Portal.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Duke wouldn’t need guards even if Blakes/ Schutt transfer . You can only have so many players on the court and Foster and McCain are getting minutes .

Reactions: DBM0828
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT