Official final four thread

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Who we got?

FAU-609
San Diego st

Miami-849
UConn

I’m rooting for FAU and Miami. But San Diego at is the only team I just don’t want to win. Any combo of the other 3 is fine. But I’m for the ACC ultimately

Reactions: Fourteen44
I want FAU to win it all. But I think SDSU and UConn win tonight, and the Huskies will cut them down on Monday.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Being a west coast guy I'd like to see SDSU win it. Just to stop hearing all the west coast is soft talk haha. I won't be watching though. My guess is UConn cuts down the nets.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
As stated...I live in Boca so rooting for the Owls, lived in Miami for 17 years, so rooting for Canes. Would like to see Canes hoist the trophy for the Atlantic Coast Conference, especially since we beat them twice! Canes hang a banner and instead of one shining moment, trick daddy "take it to da house"!

I had FAU vs Miami in the Natty after the Final Four was set. Miami wins. Schools are 1 hour drive a part by the way .

All the no calls going against Flip this year and they call a technical foul on the Aztec player for a dead ball elbow. I’ve seen kindergartners throw harder elbows.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
oh boy.....why give the ball to #1 at the end for FAU?....was having a poor game, wrong guy to drive that ball.

oh boy.....why give the ball to #1 at the end for FAU?....was having a poor game, wrong guy to drive that ball.

I said earlier in the tournament that the Martin kid is a flat out stud. He should have had the ball. I would love to see him in a Duke uni....

Yep..should have been in his hands....think it may have been blocked but they didnt show it. Either way, wrong choice. SDSU is scrappy for sure so congrats to them

Davis is one of their best players but he didn't drive hard to the basket. Seems like he didn't want any contact

Yeah Martin should have had the ball in his hands. But FAU lost this game due to that one stretch where SDSU kept getting the offensive rebound.

Reactions: Neue Regel
Brutal to lose on a last second shot in a game like this. FAU left some shots though on the rim but they also got lucky with bad free throw shooting by SDSU. That stretch of offensive rebounds was absurd, that’s what the Aztecs do they use their physicality to force an offensive dry spell on the opposition, mucking it up and pounding the glass.

Marshall Faulk went to San Diego State. I ran on their track in college. Beautiful campus.

From what I’ve always heard beauty sums up San Diego in general. Co-Worker of mine flew out many times to see his daughter and he just raved about it. Finally made my first trip to California in 2019, San Diego was on the list to visit but I was very naive in my planning. Too big a State to cover and not enough days there to do it.

From what I’ve always heard beauty sums up San Diego in general. Co-Worker of mine flew out many times to see his daughter and he just raved about it. Finally made my first trip to California in 2019, San Diego was on the list to visit but I was very naive in my planning. Too big a State to cover and not enough days there to do it.
San Diego is really nice; if expensive. It has a totally different vibe from LA, as it is 2-3 hours south of there.

Larranaga's answers were great though...stating the obvious from dumb questions

Miami in trouble. UConn so deep and Miami can't get into the lane because of UConn size. They need to get hot from 3 to have a chance

Uconn are well coached and disciplined on both ends. Hurley coaching genes run deep it seems. The size and skill of the Uconn bigs is giving the U trouble on both ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT