ADVERTISEMENT

Observation. Duke fans that live in North Carolina.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I've been out and about town here in tar heel county, N.C. since Sunday and I can't recall seeing anyone out with unc gear on. I was out also after the unc victory over Duke in the ACC tourney and I've never seen so much wussy blue. Also I noticed how alive the heel fans were on face book during right after unc beat us. Since Sunday face book has been free of "heel's are back, down goes dook, dook sucks, how 'bout them heels" and other things. To be honest there is nothing going on at all about what's going on in tar heel nation. I guess what I'm asking is there in any North Carolina resident Duke fans that have noticed this? I know there are a limited number of tar heel fans that post here but if there are some that live in N.C. that do post here maybe some light can be shed here. :DOFC

I've been out and about town here in tar heel county, N.C. since Sunday and I can't recall seeing anyone out with unc gear on. I was out also after the unc victory over Duke in the ACC tourney and I've never seen so much wussy blue. Also I noticed how alive the heel fans were on face book during right after unc beat us. Since Sunday face book has been free of "heel's are back, down goes dook, dook sucks, how 'bout them heels" and other things. To be honest there is nothing going on at all about what's going on in tar heel nation. I guess what I'm asking is there in any North Carolina resident Duke fans that have noticed this? I know there are a limited number of tar heel fans that post here but if there are some that live in N.C. that do post here maybe some light can be shed here. :DOFC

I noticed it also. Its been so nice this week.

Reactions: skysdad
All quiet in the Raleigh area. Heel fans seem to have gone underground. No wearing apparel no flags.

Sunday evening sure sign's of spring appeared. Weather was warm, birds were chirping, flowers in bloom and Tar Holes choking.

There certainly is an uptick in the medical field in NC after a UNCheat defeat. Lots of treatment needed for all the injuries suffered for those tumbling off the bandwagoruersThat'n.

LOL. Lot of truth there. OFC

I live about 20 minutes North of Durham and I’ve got a couple friends that are UNC fans that are still posting stuff on Facebook trash talking. One that’s still posting stuff like “Dook sucks” and things like that and 2 other friends that both posted a meme comparing Duke’s and UNC’s stats (total ACC regular season and tournament championships, NCAAT championships, Final Fours and head to head wins) yesterday but the stats in those memes are from at least a few years ago because the numbers for both Duke and UNC don’t include: ACCT titles, NCAAT titles and head to head wins for the last few years lol

Last edited:
Here in High Point I still see a lot of folks wearing caps with UNC . They are the same ones that wear it year round. The most washed out blue that I see is when I go to the hospital in the am to work out. High Point is part of the UNC system until summer . Can't wait to see gold and black replace Tarhole blue when the hospital switches to Wake Forest medical. Don't know what the folks that work in there are going to do. They are all Tarhole fans.

I worked at WFUBH in Winston-Salem for years and it was full of them. The black and gold gives them easier cover when they lose.

Reminds me of a beautiful old Simon and Garfunkel song. Their silence is truly golden.

OFC

That song is The Sound Of Silence.

I added the lyrics. They go well with what was happening on Franklin St. and the ride home Sunday. All we need now is for dirt, Show or any other of our great song writers is too write their own words of silence to tar heel nation. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: tison31
Been in the triad my whole life, don't see any in Winston Salem or high point this week.
I saw some stained UNC tee-wearing yokels at the High Point Wal-Mart yesterday. No lie, the dude was buying an entire cart full of Ensure... hundreds of bottles, and yep he decided to go through the self checkout and was scanning each package one at a time. Real man of genius.

Sky, I pictured Franklin St on a dark and lonely night while listening to this and it brought tears to my eyes...
But I'm better now.

OFC

Me too man, me too. I'm tearing up a little right now . OFC

Reactions: tison31
I saw some stained UNC tee-wearing yokels at the High Point Wal-Mart yesterday. No lie, the dude was buying an entire cart full of Ensure... hundreds of bottles, and yep he decided to go through the self checkout and was scanning each package one at a time. Real man of genius.
HP Walmart is where i see more Tarhole stuff than anywhere else. I still believe it is people that just put on the cap every morning when they leave home.

I'm going out to eat with my wife tonight and I'm wearing my favorite Duke sweat shirt. I will be looking for tar heel fans. If I see any I will not say anything to them. Just grin and nod. If they do have anything I will just say. "You guys really got screwed in the Texas A&M game by the referee's. I watched the whole game and counted 50 blown calls and I know I missed some when I went to the bathroom. You guys hand in there and you will get them next year." I will do this if I see any of them. They may be on the endangered species list before to long. I just haven't seen any. :D OFC

I'm going out to eat with my wife tonight and I'm wearing my favorite Duke sweat shirt. I will be looking for tar heel fans. If I see any I will not say anything to them. Just grin and nod. If they do have anything I will just say. "You guys really got screwed in the Texas A&M game by the referee's. I watched the whole game and counted 50 blown calls and I know I missed some when I went to the bathroom. You guys hand in there and you will get them next year." I will do this if I see any of them. They may be on the endangered species list before to long. I just haven't seen any. :D OFC
Don’t forget to mention the blown assists

So that's not how you're supposed to do it?

Dammit!

Just got back from eating and no tar heel with gear sightings. I have a scorekeepers meeting in a few minutes. I know there a tar heel supporters there. Will give a full report upon my return. OFC

Living in North Carolina, I find most people are UNC fans, and most know almost nothing about their own team. NC State fans are next, and they're so loyal I feel sorry for them most of the time, they have deserved better than they've had the last quarter century. Wake fans are around in Winston Salem, but you usually don't have to hear much from them. And of course I'm always pleased to meet another Duke fan. :)

Just got back from eating and no tar heel with gear sightings. I have a scorekeepers meeting in a few minutes. I know there a tar heel supporters there. Will give a full report upon my return. OFC

Update. At the meeting no unc gear spotted but I stopped at Mayberry Ice Cream and got a milkshake for my wife and I. The girl who took my order had on an unc sweatshirt but said nothing. A man approached me with no unc gear and said that even though we are out of it I want you guys to win it. I ask him if he was an unc fan and he said he was. It was pretty classy for him to say that and I told him thank you but I just couldn't resist. I told him I thought unc got screwed by the refs and told him that there were at least 25 blown calls against the tar heels. He just shook his head. I told him A&M were holding the entire game, moving screens all night long, their bigs were camping out all night long and were stepping on top unc's rebounder's preventing them from getting rebounds from both ends of the court. I told him Texas A&M were elbowing the heels in the ribs right in front of the officials all night long. He nodded his head and said they were grabbing our jersey's all night long too but what can you do about it. This the way it went down, no kidding. Gotta love them they are tar heel fans, they can't help it . It's their nature. Bless their hearts. But the guy did wish me well. Had a lot of good natured fun with him . OFC

Well, it's been five day's and I haven't seen anyone wearing Tarhole gear. Quite a contrast from just a week ago.

Several weeks ago it was “rowdy of the Rams”
Since Sunday it’s been “Silence of the Lambs”

Agree with an above post it is nice when they have been shutdown and they will disappear quicker than any fan base I know

Reactions: skysdad and Dukeman
They put their heads in the sand and pretend they are invisible, but I see them-I know their names and know who they are. AFAM 101 is written on their foreheads. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT